Interesting Views

Status
Not open for further replies.
So ..if XOM did use Group III basestocks ..it is unproven

..and even if they did, it doesn't count.

Looks like a perfectly packaged XOM win:win scenario. Works for me in a totally nationalistically constructed plausibility manner
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Rolf
Originally Posted By: buster
...oh and the only individual NOT to post facts was Mickey M. Facts were found.

I haven't seen any, and I've gone over the material a number of times.

Perhaps when you have a few spare moments you can point to them.

I did the same, and saw nothing but claims.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan

..and even if they did, it doesn't count.

Looks like a perfectly packaged XOM win:win scenario. Works for me in a totally nationalistically constructed plausibility manner
21.gif

I imagine they do. Since they manufacture them, but they are also the world's largest manufacturer of both PAO and esters.

Many of the Mobil 1 grades COULD very well be PAO BASED, but with some GIII content???

Not that I know what that would serve, but I believe it is an angle that has not been explored....

Since ExxonMobil, unlike Amsoil (which makes huge profits putting additives into bottles and filling them with ExxonMobil motor oils so that Albert J. Amatuzio can own and fly a private jet, enjoy an out-of-the-US vacation home, and buy Carol, Daniel, and Lorry Amatuzio new Harleys and sports cars), does not sell their motor oils on the basis of this or that base stock, it is irrelevant.

Further, since ExxonMobil recommends following automobile manufacturers' change recommendations, and Group III base stocks vary from nearly indistinguishable from PAO to not so good, it is even more irrelevant.

The Subject is "Interesting Views" and this Group III - ExxonMobil vendetta is not very interesting, except to people who need lives and people who peddle Amsoil, Red Line, or some other boutique oil.

Oh ..no..don't get me wrong. I really don't care if XOM uses light Karo to make the best stuff in the world. Really. I'll agree with Rolf on that aspect that performance is the important thing to keep your eye on.

HOWEVER ..if the same mouth says "YOU CAN'T PROVE THAT THEY USE GROUP III base stocks!! ...while saying that even if they did ..it doesn't count ...they've "self constructed" (in their own mind) ..a NO LOSE scenario.

It's a comment on convoluted narcissistic debating techniques ..not base oils.

Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
It looks as if Rolf's name has been changed to mickey........????

His inner mouse broke through.

Folks,

Someone altered my name to "mickey" on the Board.

If I am unable to get that vandalism corrected, I feel I will have no choice but to leave the Board.

Rolf

Maybe they'll change your name to Rolf next time you register under yet another name.

EDIT: Miguel J. Raton has a certain je ne sais quoi.
LOL.gif

"They aren't required to respond in the manner you would prefer."
Has nothing to do with the issue. No facts so far in it's defense. Valvoline still is running the ad. When the ad comes down or the XOM refutes it, I'll believe it.

"ExxonMobil, unlike Red Line or some others, does not promote its motor oils by touting this or that base stock, or this or that blend stock."
So what. Has nothing to do with it. FACT is they DON'T tell you. You are correct in that the final performance is all that counts.

"Their position, with which I happen to agree, is that they sell motor oil, and if you like the way it performs, buy it. If not, don't."
Again, you are going off topic. That is not the issue.

"As to Ashland, it perplexes me to no end what they hoped to accomplish."
It "perplexes" you? It's common sense what they are doing.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
His inner mouse broke through.

I've contacted Helen.

Apparently one of the admins is changing it to illustrate his juvenile take on things.

It is actually changing since you posted.

I think we're getting good feel for who actually believes in free exchange and who does not.

Originally Posted By: Mickey

It is actually changing since you posted.

I think we're getting good feel for who actually believes in free exchange and who does not.

I see, it now has a capital "M".

It's a comment on convoluted narcissistic debating techniques ..not base oils.

There is no debate.

No one but you and folks like you think it's important, relevant, or interesting.

Originally Posted By: moribundman
There goes Helen's peaceful Tuesday evening to bits.

When you let high school kids be administrators, that's what you have to expect.

Mickey, putting everything a side for a moment. What interesting facts can you actually share about Mobil 1 since you have such a vested interest in the product? I haven't really heard any facts from you.

Originally Posted By: buster
Mickey ....

No way.

Once we get the juvenile shenanigans under control, we'll pick it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back