zMax fuel additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I throw a bottle of this in every 4-5k miles. The idle on my 02 F-150 is a smooth as glass. Same with the wife's 07 Explorer. Any one else use this?

Nope and nope. With all those good OTC cleaners such as Amsoil, Pennzwax Regane, etc. why should I care about something that sounds like snake oil to me??

Q.

Originally Posted By: kaboom10
I throw a bottle of this in every 4-5k miles. The idle on my 02 F-150 is a smooth as glass. Same with the wife's 07 Explorer. Any one else use this?

Do the same with MMO and a few other agents. While MMO has something to it, the smoothness may be from upper cylinder lubrication with residuals. After dosing my fuel with MMO, it was one bump of the key starting ..etc..etc. I'm sure there was some cleaning action too ...but I think that many of your fuel system cleaners and whatnot use the kero carriers to provide some "distinctive" feeling with the treatment. It would make sense if you wanted the consumer to perceive differences when using something in preventive maintenance. It would be harder to get repeat customers if they perceived "nothing" by using it often enough (or too often).
21.gif

Gary, so you're saying it's a waste of money then? So how about the Amsoil PI additive? I've always trusted Amsoil since first using it on the race car. Do you belive ib adding anything to Amsoil oil?

Originally Posted By: kaboom10
Gary, so you're saying it's a waste of money then? So how about the Amsoil PI additive? I've always trusted Amsoil since first using it on the race car. Do you belive ib adding anything to Amsoil oil?
I have used Amsoil PI with great results on my spare car ('95 dodge neon) which had one partially plugged injector and idled very rough. My dad was going to replace the injector after trying injector cleaner from Canadian Tire. I told him not to and tried a bottle of Amsoil PI and It cleaned it up completely after only 1 use. I was impressed. I put a second bottle in after a few tanks of just gas and now the car drives like its new... Really good stuff in my opinion.

Save your money.

Now analyze these statements and tell me what is wrong here? I will give you a keyword hint: penetration .

Quote:
Comparative tests of zMAX by itself and in blends with a commercial SAE 5W-30 SJ engine oil showed the zMAX by itself and when blended with the engine oil, penetrated both types of metal far deeper than engine oil alone. Although it was not possible to precisely quantify the difference in penetration depths between the engine oil, the engine oil with zMAX, and zMAX itself, the presence of zMAX in the engine oil resulted in a 82% greater penetration and a 133% greater penetration when zMAX was compared to the engine oil itself. This ability to soak (i.e., be absorbed) into metal surfaces is the key to zMAX 's effectiveness.

Last edited:
Maybe that's why my '95 Neon has oil missing between changes... It isn't leaking or burning, it's penetrating into the engine... Man that thing will never rust!
LOL.gif

SNAKE OIL... Gotta love it!
grin2.gif

Most "additives" today are snake oil. Only fuel adds with any real ability to clean carbon from dirty fuel and engine intakes are ones with PEA detergents.

Techron Complete Fuel system cleaner
Regane total fuel system cleaner
Redline

The above actually WILL clean and decarbon !!!!!!!!!!

Forget using MMO! It doesn't do a thing.
"Marvel Mystery Oil" is snake oil as well.

MMO is not a fuel injector cleaner. MMO will keep injectors clean, but they suggest running a good FI Cleaner through the car first. Then use MMO to keep it clean, lubed, and as a top oil.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
MMO is not a fuel injector cleaner. MMO will keep injectors clean, but they suggest running a good FI Cleaner through the car first. Then use MMO to keep it clean, lubed, and as a top oil.

I wouldn't waste my time with it period.

Change the oil at reasonable intervals, use a top tier gas with enough detergents in it, and a REAL fuel and intake system cleaner with proven detergents, like PEA and forget the snake oil.
33.gif

So MMO is a snake oil, its been around since 1923. I do not know about MMO in the oil, but I have been using it in my fuel tank and my carburetor is working fantastic and the engine seems a bit smoother.

Unless something has PEA then it is no good...or something like PEA? Something like PEA is what? No other additive has ever or can ever be invented as good as or better than PEA?

There are no additives regardless or price or application that could possible do any good? Oil that sells for $2.00 a qt has the best stuff known to man?

MM, Rislone and the like have been around for decades because people are just ignorant, uninformed suckers?

Oh Ok...........

Originally Posted By: tenderloin

MM, Rislone and the like have been around for decades because people are just ignorant, uninformed suckers?

Well, people really are ignorant uninformed suckers. Hate to say it, hate to believe it but if you are capable of basic analysis, you can immediately put yourself ahead of 2/3 of any current population.

THAT being said, I like your thoughts on additives.

You guys here geek WAY out in the opposite direction from ignorance, almost to a fault.

And me of course, I am flawless.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back