WHO MAKES FORD MOTOR OIL

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIRED OF L/M DEALER OIL CHANGES. They don't seem to know who packages the MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER. I called Ford Factory and they brush me off. Help, please advise
Merc GM has 30K miles, rattles like a pig. But did the day it was new and has not changed. I have always liked to use Casteroil, but may listen to good suggestions. Thanks

Last I checked it was a Conoco/Phillips produced oil. By the way, Motorcraft oil is very good. If you're having trouble with your engine, it's not because of Motorcraft oil.

welcome2.gif
DBALK. The dealership should be using Motorcraft oil for changes. Motorcraft is a semi-synthetic oil priced at or sometimes below conventional oil. It is a very good brand. I use it exclusively in my vehicles. If your car is still under warranty, I would take it to Ford and demand it be repaired. Unless the dealership is either 1) not actually replacing your oil when you bring it in; or 2) using SA rated oil that was left over from the 50's, the oil is not the cause of your automotive woes.

Motrcraft is still made by Conoco/Phillips last I checked too.
Who did make that Castor oil? Lot of kids suffered on account of that company, as well as the Cod liver oil farce.
Amazing that we survived.

Do you have the 4.6 or something. It should be a smooth running and sounding engine, especially with the correct oil. 5W-30 Castrol GTX shows GREAT results in the 4.6's. Look in the UOA forum. There's like 3 recent ones. Crown Vics and F-150s. And GTX 10W-30 going 8,700+ miles with EXCELLENT results.

Castrol is a great conventional oil, just not popular on this board for some reason.

Originally Posted By: DBALK
TIRED OF L/M DEALER OIL CHANGES. They don't seem to know who packages the MOTORCRAFT OIL AND FILTER. I called Ford Factory and they brush me off. Help, please advise
Merc GM has 30K miles, rattles like a pig. But did the day it was new and has not changed. I have always liked to use Casteroil, but may listen to good suggestions. Thanks

I have a 96 Merc GM 205,000 miles all on M1 10-30. Engine is very quite.

Castrol, at one time was called Castor Oil Company, before it became Castrol. Yes, and once upon a time Castor Oil was used by all of the oil companies to lubricate the automobiles like the Model T, on and on.....then API came into existence, SA/SB was developed for cars made prior to 1930....

You will have to excuse me, I am an Historian and Investigator/Researcher at the same time.....lol

Motorcraft Oil is made by Conoco-Phillips, the conventional, synthetic blend and the full synthetic all made by Conoco-Phillips. It is an excellent brand oil for the price and longevity of the Ford engine....The oil filter is made by Purolator.

Originally Posted By: Mustang2008Z
Castrol, at one time was called Castor Oil Company, before it became Castrol. Yes, and once upon a time Castor Oil was used by all of the oil companies to lubricate the automobiles like the Model T, on and on.....then API came into existence, SA/SB was developed for cars made prior to 1930....

You will have to excuse me, I am an Historian and Investigator/Researcher at the same time.....lol

I was thinking they were Wakefield before they became Castrol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/castrol

Last edited:
The dealer should be using Motorcraft, but some Ford/Lincoln-Mercury Dealers do not use it. They use Valvoline, or anything but Motorcraft, except for the Lincoln-Mercury Dealer in Austin, that uses Motorcraft parts, etc., only.

My Ford Mustang was bought from a Ford Dealer that said he would put Valvoline Durablend into my car. The invoice says Durablend, the Valvoline number says "Premium Conventional Oil" from a 55 gallon drum. I do have a Motorcraft Oil Filter because I looked under the car for it. So there are some "blank, blank" dealers out there, as in any business. Some businessmen are honest, some are not honest at all as we all know in this world.

Castrol is the contraction name of the original Castor Oil Company name....You guys feel free to check it out on

http://www.castrol.com

Be sure, if you are in the U.S., that you state it on the website, because it links up to other Castrol Websites all over the world. Like Germany, United Kingdom, etc.

Originally Posted By: endeavor to persevere
Castrol is the contraction name of the original Castor Oil Company name....You guys feel free to check it out on

http://www.castrol.com

Be sure, if you are in the U.S., that you state it on the website, because it links up to other Castrol Websites all over the world. Like Germany, United Kingdom, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/castrol

Also see

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=8268008&contentId=6003300

Endeavor, Thanks for you help related to the name of Castrol..The Websites, etc..

No problem, When you restore British sport cars for as long as I did you know such things.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back