CARB CLEANER

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carbs are easy enough to take off, take apart, soak, and put back together again. just make sure there is no dust or dirt around.
you can use a spray can of carb cleaner to shoot the cleaner through the little passageways. I had my carb "rebuilt" 3 times, for muchos dinares, then finally did it myself, and the myself job was the best, even though i had never done one before that.

I was wondering the exact same thing today. I usually buy a few cans of carb cleaner for when I clean up engine parts, but I tend to go through them too fast.

I guess part of why it works is because it is an aerosol so that it blasts away carbon and oil, but surely there is something cheaper that can be used?

Originally Posted By: Reddy45
I was wondering the exact same thing today. I usually buy a few cans of carb cleaner for when I clean up engine parts, but I tend to go through them too fast.

I guess part of why it works is because it is an aerosol so that it blasts away carbon and oil, but surely there is something cheaper that can be used?
THIS GUY HAS IT FIGURED OUT I'M LOOKING FOR A CHEAPER BUT GOOD AND SAFE WAY

Carb cleaner is not that costly. Use compressed air to blast out the tiny passages in the carb afterwards.

Originally Posted By: speer
I USE FOR ALOT MORE THAN CARBS LIKE IT'S A GOOD HAND CLEANER WHEN GREASY ETC.

Do you mind taking your CAPS LOCK off? Not only does it make your sentence difficult to read but also considered to be shouting(rude) on internet.

Be careful with putting this stuff on your hands. Skin absorbs, the stuff gets into the blood stream and ends up in the liver where the body trys to detoxify it. Long term....PROBLEMS!! Wear nitrile gloves when handling organics!

Originally Posted By: scoobie
Carbs are easy enough to take off, take apart, soak, and put back together again. just make sure there is no dust or dirt around.
you can use a spray can of carb cleaner to shoot the cleaner through the little passageways. I had my carb "rebuilt" 3 times, for muchos dinares, then finally did it myself, and the myself job was the best, even though i had never done one before that.

For certain people yes, but I for one wouldn't suggest removing taking apart, cleaning and putting a carb back together for the average DYI'er. He'd be asking for problems. Especially in the final years of the carb's just before EFI.

AAP and Auto Zone runs carb cleaner on sale several times a year, I usually stock up on it then. It has plenty of uses.

JMO
Frank D

Originally Posted By: Boomer
Be careful with putting this stuff on your hands. Skin absorbs, the stuff gets into the blood stream and ends up in the liver where the body trys to detoxify it. Long term....PROBLEMS!! Wear nitrile gloves when handling organics!

+1 to that!

I'm glad that there are some folks whose critically aware of the potential health consequences when coming into contact with solvents and such.

thumbsup2.gif

Q.

**looks like there's still meaningful lifeforms out there, afterall....

got carb cleaner tore them apart, cleaned them, now just got to adjust choke, got dark out, starts but floods out.

moe in wichita ks
i have found that sokeing a carb with wd-40 a few times before useing a slovalt makes the dirt come off better. pardon my spelling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back