BP with Invigorate, Top Tier?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that BP recently began to advertise their gas has 'Invigorate' which is suppose to enhance cleaning properties. I wrote them to see if they are now Top Tier and received this:
Thank you for your inquiry. The additive dosage in all BP gasolines with Invigorate exceeds Top Tier requirements and is designed to clean up deposits left behind from the use of gasoline that contain only minimum detergent. BP does not participate in the Top Tier program. Top Tier was developed by several automotive companies. BP believes that consumer interests are best served when the automotive and oil
industries work cooperatively to determine the optimal mix of vehicle hardware and fuel standards.
Try BP gasoline with Invigorate. It helps cars run younger for longer!

Sounds good but who knows.

Until BP is willing enough to participate in the Top-tier program to validate their claims, otherwise, I would not take them as equivalent to that of those that are officially certified as top-tier.

Afterall: you get the auto-manufacturer's approval/backing if it's top-tiered.

Q.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
I noticed that BP recently began to advertise their gas has 'Invigorate' which is supposed to enhance cleaning properties.

I'd be slightly more impressed if BP were to have chosen a noun as name for their miraculous ingredient. "BP with Optimus Maximus" or something similar.

It is, indeed, top tier marketing.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Is invigorate still regional, I have not seen it advertised in my area.

I think they are still in the process of rolling it out to different markets.

Seems like it will eventually be Top Tier certified fuel. BP puts the additive package in all 3 grades of fuel so they are probably just waiting until nationwide availability before participating in the program.

Doesn't Ford recommend BP fuel? I thought I read a post where someone said BP is printed on their fuel door. Anyone else hear that?

Originally Posted By: mikered30
Is invigorate still regional, I have not seen it advertised in my area.

yup it is no invigorate in cincinnati, oh. but when i go home to cleveland its there.

I try every gas station around, and I've found the two BP Invigorate gas stations run best in my truck. Even compared to Shell 93 with V-Power or Texaco with Techron (which also both give great results).

Those are my 3 favorite fuels.

BP/Amoco has always been a high quality fuel. The FTC slap from 12 years ago was more about recommending premium fuel for vehicles that really only need regular. (Most every gas brand since carries the "for vehicles that can benefit from premium fuel" legal discaimer when advertising premium fuels)

Ford has recommended BP because of the consistent quality and detergent performance of their fuels, even before the Invigorate reformulation.

Since BP (with Invigorate) is vitually the same price as the no-names near me, that's what I use. FWIW, My vehicles seem to idle smoothest with BP and Shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back