MAC tool warranty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAC tool warranty?

Is there any way to warranty MAC tools by mail?
There is no longer a Mac man in Birmingham, AL and have a socket that needs to be replaced.

Go ahead and send the socket in; MAC is very good about warrantees.
thumbsup2.gif

I needed new screws for the head on my Mac 3/8" ratchet and all I had to do was call them and they mailed them to me for free. Mac is very good about warranty replacements. I had the screws I needed in just a couple of days. Excellent service.

Thanks guys I just found this at the MAC webpage.

"Warranty Returns (for purchases made from our Web Store and from Distributors)

Products are covered under various warranty periods. Mac Tools warranties products through our distributors. If you currently are not serviced by a distributor, you can return your Mac Tools items for warranty to:

Consumer Warranty Returns Department
Mac Tools
4380 Old Roberts Road
Columbus, Ohio 43228

Your return will be evaluated and items that fall within our warranty will be replaced. Allow 2 to 3 weeks for processing and replacement. To ensure your return reaches us and that we have all information needed to warranty your items, please provide the following:

1. Put a list of the tools inside the carton.

2. Put your name, address and phone number inside the carton.
a. Phone Numbers are required
b. A Physical Address is required (no PO Box)
3. Keep a copy of your tracking number and a list of items sent back.
4. Mac Tools encourages you to insure the package for the replacement value of the tools.

Items that have failed under our warranty will be replaced."

Is mac better than snap-on in terms of tool quality and warranty?

Blanket question, for sure, but are there any opinions???

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is mac better than snap-on in terms of tool quality and warranty?

Blanket question, for sure, but are there any opinions???

I'm betting there's still a SnapOn dealer in Birmingham AL! while tools are pretty much same (highest) quality level,, service and availability are worlds apart.

Bob

If they had a phone number, I'll call it before shipping it in. You may not have to mess with shipping.

I had a Stanley ratchet start slipping. I called them and they sent me a new one, and didn't even want me to mail the old one in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back