Trippled the value of my truck today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filled both tanks! News said that gas and diesel were going to start going up. Gas station near my work went up $.30 a gallon between 7a and noon.

This station owner must not have got the memo so I filled Blingy up.

1212081738.jpg

1212081751.jpg

1212081737.jpg

Cool, I bet you get lots of looks when you fill her up at the station.

I hope prices stay low for as long as possible. I remember just a few months ago diesel was over $5 a gallon

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Looks like that truck from the 70's movie "Duel" w/ Dennis Weaver. Sort of. No offense.

ummmm. It is.

Well not techinacly but it's identical to it. That movie is the reason I bought it.............now I just need an old tanker...........

Oh and I know that everybody is wondering what it has for oil and filters.

It has 11 gallons of Super Tech 15w-40 and 12 bottles of STP. Oil filter is a Wix #51900 and the bypass filter is a Wix #51750, fuel filters are Luberfiner #LFF8020's.

Originally Posted By: Chris142
No the broken one is a parts truck.

I bet I can locate the truck's location via Google Earth in under 5 minutes. Apple Valley, here I come!
banana2.gif

Originally Posted By: Billy007
How may miles a gallon do you get out your truck?
I've never actully checked the mpg. I do know that it just sips fuel on the hwy.......Prolly 10 mpg.

It's the around town stop light to stop light and my love for large clouds of black smoke that really drink fuel.

If you EVER run accross a '70 or '71 Plymouth Valiant on the highway, you'll have most of the the ingredients for a re-enactment...

Originally Posted By: Chris142
Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Looks like that truck from the 70's movie "Duel" w/ Dennis Weaver. Sort of. No offense.

ummmm. It is.

Well not techinacly but it's identical to it. That movie is the reason I bought it.............now I just need an old tanker...........

Nice truck. I don't see many older Peterbilts with the round headlights, most have the rectangular ones. Are those headlights sealed beam or capsule?

How do you fill up both tanks at gas station? I think some truck stops have pumps on both sides so you can pump both sides of the tanks simultaneously.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: lpcmidst128
Nice truck. I don't see many older Peterbilts with the round headlights, most have the rectangular ones. Are those headlights sealed beam or capsule?

How do you fill up both tanks at gas station? I think some truck stops have pumps on both sides so you can pump both sides of the tanks simultaneously.
The headlights are just sealed beams.

As for the fuel tanks. My truck is old enough that it has a crossover line between both tanks. The tank on the drivers side is the one that it puls fuel from.

Newer trucks can't have a crosover line. They use a valve (that fails often) that is supposed to suck fuel from both tanks evenly. Thats why you see 2 pumps at the truckstop.

I can fill one tank and they both get filled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back