Auto Rx is think as glue??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I kind of figured as much, just figured I'd ask. I didn't think it would really affect the oil all that much, it just threw me when I saw it come out that thick.

I'm glad to have it in there, whether it's thick or not.

Thanks for the answers Frank, and everybody else. Good discussion.

If everyone would read everything on the Auto-Rx site they would know that if you have this product keep it inside if the temp is going to fall below 50 degrees.

What's important is that it works.

esters will heat up in a microwave maybe try 30-60 seconds on high, I use microwave to melt some solid additives for lab use
that some idiot put in a small mouth bottle.

Ha,ha! I have actually done that with ARX. Of course took the foil seal out and made sure the cap was loose/vented. Several 15 sec intervals in the microwave on high and it was ready to pour! Be careful though....

I've drained numerous oil sumps that had Auto-Rx in them(both hot drains and cold),and I've never noticed any difference in viscosity from untreated oil and oil that had Auto-Rx in it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: bmwtechguy
Ha,ha! I have actually done that with ARX. Of course took the foil seal out and made sure the cap was loose/vented. Several 15 sec intervals in the microwave on high and it was ready to pour! Be careful though....

If you leave the cap on the foil seal won't be on any consequence. At least that's been my experience w/ foil and other metals in regular cooking.
LOL.gif

I think he takes off the foil to vent it.

Yes I heat things all the time with forks and spoons sticking out of the bowls. Just have to be careful.
I was also zapping sponges to kill bacteria many many years back.
My family and friends mocked me. Now I see it mentioned all over the place as a viable way to kill germs. It did not take a Rocket Scientist to figure out boiling water kills just about anything.

Last edited:
Quote:
I'm not talking about pouring it in, I'm asking if it gets this thick when it is mixed with oil in my crank case, is it this thick on cold starts?

The answer is no.

In the winter, I take my oil and ARX, let them both warm up, and add 5 0z. of ARX to a 5 quart jug. I never noticed a change in viscosity of the oil using this method.

IMO ring pack cleansing for optimal sealing during cold weather would far outweigh any minute cold whether cold start viscocity. Cold weather promotes a rich air fuel mixture for a longer period of time as the motor warms up. Good functioning rings will help minimize fuel dilution issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back