Purolator vs. Wix vs. Mahle vs. Bosch--Porsche 911

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used Purolator Premium Plus, Wix, Mahle, and Bosch filters in a 94 Porsche 911 Speedster for the last 12 years. Which one is the best? I wish Purolator made a Pure One for it!

those are all good stock replacement filters with a cellulose media - if you look into a mobil 1 filter they have synthetic medias made of glass fibers. i always stick with OEM filters, under warrenty or not.

i found this in a websearch :

Major brands of automotive oil filters available in the U.S. include FRAM (a Honeywell brand), WIX (an Affinia Group brand), Purolator (a joint venture of MANN+HUMMEL and Bosch), AC Delco (a General Motors brand) and Motorcraft (a Ford Motor Company brand). Some brands, such as Ford's Motorcraft and GM's AC-Delco, are manufactured by other companies (i.e. Purolator for Motorcraft) but are generally designed and quality tested by the brand selling them. Many of the brands manufacture filters for a wide variety of makes and models of vehicles. For instance, Motorcraft sells oil filters that fit GM, Chrysler, Honda, and Toyota vehicles, in addition to Fords. The manufacturer usually provides a list of what makes and models they supply filters for.

Denso is also a major global manufacturer of oil filters as are UFI FILTERS, MANN+HUMMEL, Mahle, Millard Filters and HYDAC who are well known for their industrial grade filters. However KLEENOIL USA is the best in bypass oil filtration.

Last edited:
it would be hard to say who actually manufactures the stock filters... i would take a shot at bosch only because they are both german products. then again whoever did it for the cheapest at the time won the bid - call porsche they may know.

Hi,
I would stick with what you've done for years. WIX and Mahle were OEM filters and available through their Genuine Parts system
WIX was a supplier to Porsche when the 356 was around and at the time of the 911/912 introduction

In my opinion MANN (and their various Brands) offer impeccable construction quality (casing strength/filtration media/seals/bondings) for use in Porsche engines. They have been OEM suppliers (to Porsche) for some considerable time. I have always used them on 928, 944, M96 and various Benz engine families for many years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back