VW PS fluid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im about to change the Jetta's ps fluid. I was looking in the book and it calls for ps fluid no. G002000. I went on German Auto parts website and they recommend Pentosin CHF 11S. Are these two fluids compatiable? 97 Jetta 2.0L.

Originally Posted By: ARB1977
Im about to change the Jetta's ps fluid. I was looking in the book and it calls for ps fluid no. G002000. I went on German Auto parts website and they recommend Pentosin CHF 11S. Are these two fluids compatiable? 97 Jetta 2.0L.

There is really nothing special about either fluid.

Both meet Audi/VW hydraulic CHF 7.1 fluid specifications.

The CHF 11S is a synthetic mineral oil blend replacement for the original fluid, which was a mineral oil.

It is equivalent to BMW hydraulic fluid part numbers 82.11.1.468.041 and 81.22.9.407.758, and Porsche hydraulic fluid part number 000.043.203.33.

You can also use one of the after market synthetic power steering fluids.

Originally Posted By: Rolf
Originally Posted By: ARB1977

There is really nothing special about either fluid.

Both meet Audi/VW hydraulic CHF 7.1 fluid specifications.

The CHF 11S is a synthetic mineral oil blend replacement for the original fluid, which was a mineral oil.

It is equivalent to BMW hydraulic fluid part numbers 82.11.1.468.041 and 81.22.9.407.758, and Porsche hydraulic fluid part number 000.043.203.33.

You can also use one of the after market synthetic power steering fluids.

Cool thanks, tomorrow im changing out the old fluid with the CHF 11S.

I have been using Valvoline Synpower PS Fluid in my 03 VW Golf TDI for the past 40K miles with no problem. The Synpower fluid was on sale at Checker for $1/qt.

Not that any of you cares, but here are a few shots of the VW PSF in question. I purchased it for my '00 GTI.

2d7e8f46.jpg

d57b8ce5.jpg

1be2b42d.jpg

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
Not that any of you cares, but here are a few shots of the VW PSF in question. I purchased it for my '00 GTI.

2d7e8f46.jpg

d57b8ce5.jpg

1be2b42d.jpg

According to the pics im good to go.

Originally Posted By: azsynthetic
I have been using Valvoline Synpower PS Fluid in my 03 VW Golf TDI for the past 40K miles with no problem. The Synpower fluid was on sale at Checker for $1/qt.

I was under the impression that the chf11s only retains it's properties for spec use if not mixed with non sun oils. So I'd want to be very aware of what was originally there, so to set up my strategy for what fluid I use and how much changeout I do.

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne

2d7e8f46.jpg

d57b8ce5.jpg

1be2b42d.jpg

Hey, for what its worth I enjoyed your pictures

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Use Mobil 1 ATF.

Or use NyQuil. I'll stick what the car manufacturer recommends: CHF 11s.

Originally Posted By: Audi Junkie
Use Mobil 1 ATF.

I was going to use synthetic atf but i was told not to by VW vortex forum since the seals dont like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back