2001 Ford Taurus Factory Coolant Type?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not asking to get into a debate to use gold G-05 or green. I know they can be interchanged and G-05 is superior. What I need to know is what did the factory fill these with when they left the factory. The factory coolant is 7 years old and 115k and is not even recognizable.

Originally Posted By: Fordiesel69
I am not asking to get into a debate to use gold G-05 or green. I know they can be interchanged and G-05 is superior. What I need to know is what did the factory fill these with when they left the factory. The factory coolant is 7 years old and 115k and is not even recognizable.

It depends...some came with gold and some with green. My Taurus' degasser tank cap tells me to use green, not gold. I'd assume if you have gold it will show the opposite.

Last edited:
I believe that the chart is correct and that your 2001 Taurus came from the factory with Motorcraft Green. I'm also pretty sure that it was supplied by Texaco, as back then the foil seal on the lid had the Texaco star pattern on it, an exact match to bottles with the Texaco label. I also remember Ford saying that Texaco was the vendor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back