honda cr500af premix ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,I just purchased a almost new but prestine 2001 cr500af.It has been running maxima 927@32:1 with 110 octane fuel.I have a new qt. of Klotz Benol,can I use it or is it better or worse?or same.What would you recommend.It is a 2001 cr250 aluminum frame with a 2001 cr500 motor made by Service Honda.The engine has port work and hi comp piston.thank you

Are you doing some serious racing with it?

If it were me I'd use Klotz R50 because it protects 95% as well as Klotz Benol but leaves less deposits.
Can't go wrong with maxima 927 or Benol. Maxima 927 is more popular Benol though.

oil shmoil. use whatever ya go.

now, ratio is where the motor lives and dies. on that low rpm 500 i would say no leaner than 32:1

i feel sorry for your arms and shoulders. i'm gonna invest in tylenol and whoever makes casts. that way you'll make me money!
serious motor there.

I have a 1988 CR500 since new. Amsoil 100:1 in 93 pump gas. Still on stock bore. Amsoil atf in gearbox , original clutch.

Originally Posted By: a133
Hi everyone,I just purchased a almost new but prestine 2001 cr500af.It has been running maxima 927@32:1 with 110 octane fuel.I have a new qt. of Klotz Benol,can I use it or is it better or worse?or same.What would you recommend.It is a 2001 cr250 aluminum frame with a 2001 cr500 motor made by Service Honda.The engine has port work and hi comp piston.thank you

I had an 03' CR250 that was ported with raised compression so I see you're running the octane which is good...The CR500 has to be crazy strong porting on it...

With that high octane you can jet it pretty crisp without too much issue...That is the key to good running engine without excessive two stroke sticky exhaust.

As far as which oil to use, the best I've used by far has been Mobil MX2T and it sells at a very reasonable price....Stick with 32:1 and avoid oils that recommend using super lean oil/fuel ratios....

I've tried the klotz and did not like it...

Sounds like a mean machine! Alas I have no recommendations pertaining to oil. My 1979 Kawasaki 125 dirt bike burned up the first time I rode it.
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: TylerL
Mobil 2 stroke hasn't been made in about a year so it may be hard to find.

Not in my garage...:)
No reason to run 110 octane. Premium fuel, 32:1 with the Benol you have will be fine. I agree MX2T is much cleaner, and will likely give you much less wear over the long haul. Check your local AutoZone.. quarts of Mobil Racing 2T are currently ringing up at 1 cent. AZ has a standing policy that the minimum charge for any item is .99, but 3 of the 4 managers where I bought it either didn't know or didn't care. I've aquired 8 quarts for a little over 2.00 . The 500 is a beast, but overall, easy to ride and will jump anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back