Traded my Mazda CX-7 for this...

Status
Not open for further replies.
20.gif
Congrats! Nice car.

So what oil are you going to use?
grin2.gif

20.gif

Nice car! And, luckily, you can drive it all year long in Texas.

Any plans for 300+ kph like we saw in that video the other day from Germany?

My race/wrench friend took the tour at the factory. He said they must lose money on every one of them when he thinks about what you get out of the purchase price in terms of bang for the buck. He's owned a few (none of the are in street trim).

Nice Car! Congrats on that!

I agree w/what everyone is saying here - base 'Vette's are one of the best performance bargains out there! The base engine is what, 400 hp now? I'd get myself in so much trouble with a Vette...enjoy it!

But yes, we need answers to the important questions - what will your maintenance routine be on this car?

Originally Posted By: XS650
The base engine is 430 hp now.

"officially", but like all the LS series motors in the Vette's, Goats, and F-bodies, they lay down a lot more factory stock on chassis dynos. The LS3 will lay down upwards of 350 hp on a mustang dyno and 360+ on a dynojet.

The LS3 is a bad bad mofo - there are several out there with nothing but bolt ons - intake, headers, exhaust, and a cam swap, making 500 rwhp
shocked2.gif
I mean, that is just insane.

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=963358

Holy [censored], this car above laid down 398 hp at the wheels dead stock. That's 450 ++ hp at the flywheel.

With just a cam swap, it's run high 10s at 130 mph. Now that is bang for the buck performance.

Last edited:
Holy craap, the LS3 is a monster, I had no idea. Easily out performs the mighty LS6 in the C5 Z06s.

[censored] you LastZ! That is a freakin bad [censored] car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zA0rmaOPek&feature=related

There's videos all over youtube of stock C6s (not ZO6s), mostly in the UAE and Kuwait (those guys got lots of dough...) just smoking F430s, Gallardos, 911 turbos, and Mercialagos.

Last edited:
Thanks for the nice remarks guys! Yes, it is very nice and drives very well for everyday use. It's actually very comfortable for what it is.
It currently has something like 260 miles on the odometer and I plan to dump the factory oil at ~500 miles. I'm swapping the Mobil 1 for Pennzoil synthetic.

The one thing I hate though is that since this is actually my daily driver, I have to drive it to work everyday. That wouldn't have been an issue 6 months ago, but we've moved since then. I have to park the car in the middle of a field designed to teach military students all about construction equipment (bobcats, loaders, dump trucks, etc), so it get VERY dusty sitting out in the open. Oh well, not much I can do.

I don't have major plans for the car. For now, an Airaid intake. I have to do a lot of research on this car to see what works and what doesn't.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back