Pine sap removal and protection against

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone found a good product or method for removing pine tree sap? Also what's a good base product to make future removal easier?

I use bug and tar remover to gently remove pine tree sap.

If the sap has penetrated through your clearcoat, I'm afraid that there's nothing you can do about it (unless you get a repaint).

Q.

Silicone spray, WD40 or mineral spirits and a clean rag. Protection against? Don't park under pine trees, other than that, remove it as soon as you can.

Joel

I agree! Don't park under the tree. I don't think there is a wax/silicone/sealer that will prevent the sap from sticking to the paint. You'll always have work ahead of you trying to remove it.

Once it bakes on you're screwed! I was able to remove it before it baked on with Turpentine, on a clean soft cloth. Then I saw what branches were hanging over my cars and cut them back, but its only one tree and not very big. Next step is the tree goes!

Frank D

Originally Posted By: mpersell
The tree is nearby, I swear the sucker sneezes on the truck.

18" bar chainsaw. I hope it's your tree. Have you tried Goo Gone?

Schaeffer's Citrol works great on tree sap and road tar.
CITROL.jpg

You could try Rain X bug and tar remover.

I bought some on a whim because I had some neglected bug spatters baked on the car.

It sprays on and stays put - let it sit for 5 minutes or so and, viola! the bugs come off easily while doing a wash job.

It seems to have a lot of petroleum base to it as it'll kill a sudsy bucket of car wash QUICK!

I do the bug laden parts first, kill the washing soap and then get new sudsy water to do the rest of the car with. I even used it to clean the brake dust on my Bimmer - hey, it didn't do half bad!

Sorry for being so gate mouthed!!! Cheers! DV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back