Lubro-Moly Mos2 Antifriction Treatment

Status
Not open for further replies.
2cmk9ds.png

~130ppm/qt depending on what your target is, shouldnt hurt zddp too bad

Last edited:
Most PCMO lubricants today already contain specified amounts of moly calculated to benefit the overall formulation, for example, Schaeffers, Redline, PP, MObil 1, etc.

its in a can, so you cant really see it. When pouring it was grey, no noticeable insolubles. On the other have the guard dog moly treatment I had a voa on a while back had noticeable insolubles (18,000 ppm). Mos2 is insoluble correct?

Most soluble moly's are dark amber, dark brown or greenish.

The appearance you describe sounds as if this is colloidal or an MOS2 suspended powder.

Lubro Moly, which i believe is now Liqui Moly, in a silver tin with the blue, white and red label i am sure is colloidal moly from its details. Yes it is gray in colour and changes the oil as well.

When I added a 300 ml can of this to 4.5 quarts of M1 5w40, the resulting UOA showed a concentration of approx 330 ppm of moly.

I observed a reduction in wear metals, but those numbers were trending down before I tried the LM MoS2. I can't say that it helped, but it didn't hurt a thing.

M1 0w40 already contains moly, adding a little to M1 5w40 seemed like an okay thing to do.

Later I decided to add 150 ml at each of two consecutive oil changes. No UOA from those fills.

I normally add a shot of 150 - 250 ml of lubro moly to each oil change. I find it makes my engine last longer. I have never had to do any engine work ever and I always keep my cars until they are at least 15 - 20 years old.

adding this much, how much ppm does it add ? I have a spare can sitting somewhere. Does the Lubro Moly 10W40 have as much as the ULX ?

Last edited:
I'm not sure about the ppm, but there is a slight black residue when you wipe your dipstick, so I imagine it is plenty. ppm does not accurately measure it anyway, since these are .5 or 1 micron particles of the actual MoS2 in suspension, not dissolved. these little tiny particles is what gets into the tiny ridges in the surface of the metal, which looks smooth and polished to the eye, but under the electron microscope is full of tiny pits.

I'm not sure about the ppm, but there is a slight black residue when you wipe your dipstick, so I imagine it is plenty. ppm does not accurately measure it anyway, since these are .5 or 1 micron particles of the actual MoS2 in suspension, not dissolved. these little tiny particles is what gets into the tiny ridges in the surface of the metal, which looks smooth and polished to the eye, but under the electron microscope is full of tiny pits.

Oh, I see they give the ppm as 4365. if diluted 10%, one can per 3 litres, that makes about 436ppm. 100ml in a 3.5l crankcase gives 125 ppm. adding the whole can would be 375 ppm. In my view, after the engine has been given a heavy treatment, it only ?needs 125ppm after that to maintain it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back