Just did 2 oil changes today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Changed oil in my 99 Camaro, and a relative's 03 Town Car. Used a PF52 (wally world was out of PF47's) and 5 Quarts of Mobil Clean 5000 10W30 on the Camaro, and a FL820S and 6 Quarts of Motorcraft 5W20 synblend in the Town Car. Camaro's running a 3k oci, whereas the Town Car is on a 5k. Everything went smooth, and now i'm relaxing, about to get a nice cold drink out of the fridge. Labor day's been good.
beer3.gif

I messed around underneath the gf's Volvo and found all kinds of goodies, including a small plastic bag tucked on on top of the transmission and a little plastic piece of screwdriver I dropped down under the intake a long time ago. Neither was melted!

It was a good day but oil changes probably would've been more fun.

I really like the Mobil Clean. I've been running it in the Camaro since I bought it, always with a AC-Delco filter, and haven't had any problems. I used to run the same combo in a 94 Cadillac Deville Concours (with the Northstar engine), and the motor was still running strong when I sold it with 192k on the clock. (except for a blown head gasket, which was a whole other story, lol). I plan on using the 10W40 version in my Vette, whereas I'm sticking with the 10W30 for my Camaro and Buick. I've been using 15W40 Shell Rotella in my 86 Mercedes 560SEL, but I may change over to 15W40 Mobil Delvac on the next oil change. As you can probably tell, I like Mobil products.

Detailed the wife's Hyundai, I have 2 weeks before I need an oil change. I get to try my new $2.97 Bosch filter though!

1 bottle Frog's Leap 2003 Zinfandel, 4 lbs filet mignon, 1 GF, two good friends, 1 cheesecake, and an old-fashioned Weber charcoal grill.

Changing the oil in her Sebring before dinner really got me in the mood for a great evening. She thinks it was her perfume and her witty conversation. I'll never tell her it was the Pennzoil Platinum 5w-20 and an M1-204.

I had to work Sunday and Monday nights...
frown.gif

Love working for an outfit that is 365/24/7.

Bill

PS: Do love the 6 weeks vacation though!
happy2.gif

Thought about it, then worked called, and told me I was possibly running a night run. So to bed I went.

I'm due this month for my OC in the Yaris... The Sunfire has like 1K on PP 5w-30... From almost a year ago!

Change the coolant hoses on my car, was like a ballon for a while.

Just put new coolant in 4k miles ago, so I recycle the coolant after filtering it with a coffee filter. It seems like there is still a leak somewhere, so I am hesitant to use new coolant, it is expensive ($10 a gallon before dilute).

Got a new piano for my wife, have dinner with a few family members, and fixed the drip system in my garden.

Fairly productive.

When I saw the thread title, I was thinking you did two changes in a row to same vehicle, maybe with a brief cleaning in between, or maybe you goofed the first one up and decided to do it over again. Anyway, looks like you had a great day.

Originally Posted By: gradymotorco
Changed oil in my 99 Camaro,Used a PF52 (wally world was out of PF47's)

^^Good choice,keep doing this!!!

Originally Posted By: wavinwayne
I went for a bike ride, then grilled out. Too danged hot later in the day for real work!

Friday, I towed the TT to the campground, 200 miles on a fresh fill of RTS, with my wife following in my Rendezvous. I came back home, showered and worked Friday night. Saturday, I got up, and was within a half second of firing up the Envoy, when the morning sun and the promise of good weather coaxed me into loading up a soft tail pack, and strapping it on the Aprilia. I rode the 200 miles back to the campground on it. Stopped for fuel at the 125 mile mark, taking on 2 gallons. Hung out all weekend, broke camp Monday, and lovely wife towed the trailer to her sisters house 40 miles away for parking, since we are camping again in 2 weeks. She drove the truck home, I rode again. 500 miles of high powered scootering over the weekend, 7 gallons of fuel in the Aprilia, vs 35 gallons of fuel for 430 miles in the truck. Lots of grilled food, (son in culinary school learning to be a professional chef, and doing rather well I might add) and good times with family. Priceless.

Originally Posted By: daman

x2, why not always use a PF52 (or better yet a UPF52!), they're the same price as the 47's and give you a nice little increase in capacity.

The vette is a '75, so 10W40 was probably factory fill. As far as the PF52, I've been planning on changing for a while, but I wanted to make sure that there wouldn't be clearance issues. I think that there might be clearance issues on my 99 Park Avenue, though. Yeah, It was a great day.

Dave

Originally Posted By: mstrjon32
Originally Posted By: daman

x2, why not always use a PF52 (or better yet a UPF52!), they're the same price as the 47's and give you a nice little increase in capacity.

10-4 on the UPF52's.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back