2006 Honda S2000 MTF Analysis UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manual Transmission Fluid – Factory Fill

Vehicle: 2006 Honda S2000
Date: August 3, 2008
Mileage/Time: 24 Months, 6,800 miles on vehicle
Total Vehicle Mileage: 6,800 miles on factory fill
(replaced with current version Honda MTF)

V40= 39.8 cSt
V100= 8.6 cSt

Ag 0
Al 17
B 2
Ba 38
Ca 2410
Cr 1
Cu 39
Fe 46
K 0
Mg 4
Mn 4
PB 20
Ni 3
Na 7
P 1030
Pb 20
Si 78
Sn 0
Zn 1128

Thanks for posting this UOA. Do you know if this is the new or old MTF? It's very thin (viscosity). When I changed mine a couple of months ago, it was leaking out of the metal hand pump all over my arm. I didn't shake the first bottle, and found the first part I poured was very clear, and then the rest was reddish in color. I gave the second bottle a good shake.
I'm very impressed with the new MTF though. It's a major upgrade IMO.

I don't know which fluid Honda used for their factory fill. The new fluid seem to arrive at dealerships several months after the end of the 2006 model year. Replacement fluid was purchased by me last summer and I made sure that I got the new label fluid. Both the used fluid and the new fluid seem near to 10w-30 or 10W-40 motor oil. Perhaps semi-synthetic.

Actually, your UOA shows it to be SAE 20 crankcase/SAE 80 gear oil.

That leads me to believe it is the new stuff.

Last edited:
I'm running the old stuff in my Super 7 (type 9, German ford gearbox) which a friend who works for a Honda dealer gave me.
Before using it I had severe syncro' problems once the gearbox got hot on the track....could not avoid beating the syncros when down shifting. Don't know what was in their originally...likely some 80W
dino gearlube, but the oil change completely solved my shifting problem. Have 10,000 miles on the oil now. Original oil only had 15,000 miles on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back