Smallest Spin on Bypass filter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, what is the dimensonally smallest spinon bypass filter available? Thanks & take care.

The oilguard EPS-10 was relatively small but it's no longer listed on their website ... only the elements .. The Baldwin BT341 with an OB1305 Base is another option but IIRC it's only about 10-12 micron nominal.

Originally Posted By: EW57
Greetings, what is the dimensonally smallest spinon bypass filter available? Thanks & take care.

welcome2.gif

Hmm...good question. It's not all that easy to answer. What's your dimensional challenge and why a spin-on? The Trasco, as mentioned, would probably be the most compact ..but only the canister is spin-on. The element is tp.

I'd like to use a bypass filter on a motorcycle application, more for increased oil volume than anything, but if I can filter down to the level of a B50 I'd be thrilled. Space is at a premium so somthing smaller that the B50 would be required. Thanks again!

Originally Posted By: EW57
.. Space is at a premium so somthing smaller that the B50 would be required. Thanks again!

The BT341 mentioned above is a short version of the B50 .. click on the hyperlink for dimensions

Anything is tough on a motor cycle if you're into aesthetics.

Are you intending to tap off of the oil sender (or other ) port, or are you going to use a sandwich (if you've even got a spin-on currently)?

What's your current filter? Does it allow for a longer version ..and, if so, is there enough access room for fittings and whatnot?

What bike/engine/filter?

off-topic- I saw a Dixie Chopper with an Amsoil bypass filter on it this week! What's more interesting, is the owner said it came on the mower from the factory! Now that is cool...

Yep, they've had them on the top-of-the-line gas engines for many years.
Was at a show once when a young man came up to the booth and said that they had Dixie Choppers, so he recognized the filter.
Then he told me that they were way too expensive, so the company owner found a replacement--the Dodge Cummins filter fit right on, and was lots cheaper.

Originally Posted By: **** in Falls Church
Then he told me that they were way too expensive, so the company owner found a replacement--the Dodge Cummins filter fit right on, and was lots cheaper.

It fits, but with less filtration...

i hate to take this too far off topic, but as the owner of a Dixie Chopper I just have to chime in. I had a 1997 or 98 model with the 25 HP Kohler Command with a bypass filter. The instructions were to replace when after mowing for a while if the bottom of the filter was not really hot then it was time to replace. With over 2000 hours I only replaced the filter twice. I never had any engine troubles since the mower also had 2 air filters (a donaldson pre filter and a standard Kohler filter). Sold the mower with over 2000 hours and it still ran like new. I use synthetics after 100 hours and changed out at 50-75 hours like clockwork.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back