Motul 300V 5W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
VOA.jpg

My biggest concern is that there might not be enough detergents for everyday use. Any thoughts?

Nice moly, calcium and boron levels. Decent to high TBN.
Does this stuff meet API SM specs?? The reason I ask is the relatively low zinc & phos. levels (especially for a 'racing' labeled oil).
They seem to have been shooting for an SM rating with those two levels???
21.gif

It looks like SL levels of ZDDP to me. Does Motul have a patented AW additive also that wouldn't show up on a VOA?

Well, I guess their claim that this oil "Exceeds All Standards" must have some truth behind it. Hence the relatively low zinc and phos levels.

BTW, I got 500 miles on this oil so far and one thing I noticed is that I had to readjust my shifting. Now I have to lift off the throttle a tiny bit earlier when I change gears because the engine is now easier to rev up. UOA in comming in about 6 months.

Originally Posted By: Scuderia
Well, I guess their claim that this oil "Exceeds All Standards" must have some truth behind it. Hence the relatively low zinc and phos levels.

BTW, I got 500 miles on this oil so far and one thing I noticed is that I had to readjust my shifting. Now I have to lift off the throttle a tiny bit earlier when I change gears because the engine is now easier to rev up. UOA in comming in about 6 months.

Motul 300V is a "racing oil".

I appreciate Indymac posting information about detergents. I have noted you doing that before and it is always so helpful. Reading the posts from 5 years ago is nostalgic in that so many topics were thoroughly discussed by wonderful minds, I think it is often forgotten or overlooked.

Not just a racing oil. I've investigated this and the oil is perfectly sutable for every day use, according to Motul themselves. I chose it because I have hard time staying below 3000 RPM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back