Amsoil EaA air filter questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of questions about Amsoil air filters, are these available for the Nissan VQ40 engine as is used in the 2005+ Frontier, Pathfinder and XTerra. Looking through some Amsoil internet sales info indicated that the EaA air filters were or are made by Donaldson, is Donaldson still making them.

Are there any here who regularly use the Amsoil EaA air filters and from UOA's did that show any reduction in the amount of silicon showing up in testing. Thanks.

Originally Posted By: Dale_Knight

A couple of questions about Amsoil air filters, are these available for the Nissan VQ40 engine as is used in the 2005+ Frontier, Pathfinder and XTerra. Looking through some Amsoil internet sales info indicated that the EaA air filters were or are made by Donaldson, is Donaldson still making them.

Are there any here who regularly use the Amsoil EaA air filters and from UOA's did that show any reduction in the amount of silicon showing up in testing. Thanks.

Yes Air Filter: EAA104

Donaldson/Amsoil have a license agreement on the media. Amsoil uses a couple sources for construction. I'm not sure who puts the EAA104 together.

I have not seen much data posted, using EAA's, but so far it looks good.

I run an EAA Air Filter in my GMC and love it. No issues and it gets lots of air through.

When will new models of the EaA be coming out? I waited patiently for the last release but unfortunately my vehicle was not included. Are there plans to continually come out with more applications or should I buy factory air filters in bulk as I normally do?

I have a couple of friends in trucking businesses who wouldn't run anything other than Donaldson filters for the nanofiber media filtering and the results. Not sure if specific prices are allowed on the forum but what is the ballpark number for a medium sized Amsoil EeA filter of about an EAA104 size?

Originally Posted By: Dale_Knight
I have a couple of friends in trucking businesses who wouldn't run anything other than Donaldson filters for the nanofiber media filtering and the results. Not sure if specific prices are allowed on the forum but what is the ballpark number for a medium sized Amsoil EeA filter of about an EAA104 size?

$36 PC, $47 MSRP

Thanks Paul, as I'm not familiar with Amsoil EeA type air filters, are these a dry type filter or do they have an oil tackification type coating. Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for answering the questions Paul, from your direction I connected with the local Amsoil distributor for this city, nice fellow and the air filter is on the road.

Lucky guy - I do the work he gets the business and the profit.
grin2.gif
How much did he charge you?

Just so you know my money goes back as with the other sponsors to support this site.
thumbsup2.gif
08.gif
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back