Any Radiators Made in the USA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The SPI I bought last spring for my '73 Nova ended up being Made in China. Surprised me, since I was expecting made in Canada, but visually it looks alright. Neat seams, consistant build. The tranny cooler fittings are good and snugged up without leaks. Checking their website at that point, seems spi branched out of Canada and may actually have stakes in chinese manufacturing facilities, which is probably a good thing from a quality control standpoint. Ask me again in a few years. =-)

I have a Visteon (plastic/aluminum) in my Grand Marquis, no complaints either, much better fit and quality than the brass one I had previously. It is a made in USA rad.

If given a choice, I'd go with visteon first.

Alex.

Same boat as you............

My 98 Taurus just pooped a seam.

Proliance or Spectra Premium better in your guys opinion? I also see Transpro, SPI and Visteon. All these fancy names don't mean much to me?

I am looking at Rockauto, Partsamerica and Autozone radiators. I see autozone lifetime warrantees the Transpro and SPI. That would be worth something........

Originally Posted By: pmt
I'm still looking for a non-made-in-China radiator for my T-Bird. As Chris142 states above, Valero is evidently a Canadian company, but the Radiator Barn replied that they could not assure me that all of their radiators were made in Canada.
But I've run onto another Canadian aftermarket radiator manufacturer - Spectra Premium Industries. And my E-mail inquiry to them concerning where their specific radiator part # for my car is built was answered - Canada. All their radiator manufacturing plants are located in Canada (so far anyway).
Does anyone have any experience with Spectra Premium radiators or have any other knowledge about their products?
Thank you.
pmt

Radiator barn send me a CSF all metal when I order a Harrison. I asked why and they said it is a radiator for "Harrison application". I had the CSF in my other car before and the fit/finish isn't that great for the mounting, so I returned it.

The local shop sold me a Performance plastic tank made in Thailand. Seems like a decent build but not as nice as the OEM Harrison, $111 before tax and 3 years warranty, we'll see how it goes.

Last edited:
Anybody?

Proliance or Spectra Premium better in your guys opinion? I also see Transpro, SPI and Visteon. All these fancy names don't mean much to me?

I am looking at Rockauto, Partsamerica and Autozone radiators. I see autozone lifetime warrantees the Transpro and SPI. That would be worth something........

SPI = Spectra Premium Industries

Never heard of proliance, of course, being in Canada, SPI is the most common to be found at parts houses, with the oem suppliers following up (ie: Visteon).

Where available my prefence is Visteon, then SPI, then other. Though I suspect Transpro (US I assume) is on par with SPI (Canadian).

Alex.

Harrison is the H in Delphi, part of GM (used to), and OEM the corolla/prizm radiator along with Denso.

Visteon is Ford OEM, so it got to be pretty good like OEM fit.

I end up getting an Alexon radiator from Performance Radiator with only 3 years warranty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back