How high WILL IT GO!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The economy "seems" so sketchy right now, that I think anything could happen. I tend to think that we'll see $200 oil. Though, I do see some cutbacks occuring in my city. We went out to do some shopping the other day and the streets were practically bare.
21.gif
Who knows. It could go either way. Me personally, am just trying to do my part to conserve and keep a roof over my family's heads.

Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
The economy "seems" so sketchy right now, that I think anything could happen. I tend to think that we'll see $200 oil. Though, I do see some cutbacks occuring in my city. We went out to do some shopping the other day and the streets were practically bare.
21.gif
Who knows. It could go either way. Me personally, am just trying to do my part to conserve and keep a roof over my family's heads.

Here's the scary thought, with prices of everything increasing what happens when you can no longer cut back on anything else? Like the millions of other Americans i am in the same spot as you and you cant help but constantly think of that.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MysticGold04
21.gif
There are some people who still haven't maxed out their credit cards yet after their last house refi.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
]There are some people who still haven't maxed out their credit cards yet after their last house refi.

Cynicism is just an ugly way of telling the truth
11.gif

Big problem with ever increasing demand for oil - fuel in China, India, & other developing countries.

Consumption even here in the Untied States is really not dropping and demand is still quite high.

This coming fall school districts will see the price of fuel shoot upwards for their school buses along with food prices for the school breakfast and lunch programs, etc. Costs for things like snow removal, etc., will head upward too.

Property taxes will head upward.

Seniors - others will take it on the chin too because of record heating expenses this coming winter season.

Food and other prices continue skyward too.

Originally Posted By: SrDriver
Big problem with ever increasing demand for oil - fuel in China, India, & other developing countries.

Consumption even here in the Untied States is really not dropping and demand is still quite high.

This coming fall school districts will see the price of fuel shoot upwards for their school buses along with food prices for the school breakfast and lunch programs, etc. Costs for things like snow removal, etc., will head upward too.

Seniors - others will take it on the chin too because of record heating expenses this coming winter season.

Oh its such [censored]. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME PEOPLE ARE DRIVING THE SAME WITH GAS OVER $4.00/GALLON?!?!?!?! COMON!!!!!! The last oil refinery we built was in 1977!!! Yet building more refineries keeps getting shot down by OUR government. The time to become ENERGY INDEPENDENT is now. Enough of the EXCUSES

Originally Posted By: sanitarium16
Originally Posted By: SrDriver

Oh its such [censored]. YOU MEAN TO TELL ME PEOPLE ARE DRIVING THE SAME WITH GAS OVER $4.00/GALLON?!?!?!?! COMON!!!!!! The last oil refinery we built was in 1977!!! Yet building more refineries keeps getting shot down by OUR government. The time to become ENERGY INDEPENDENT is now. Enough of the EXCUSES
What would the reason be for an oil company to build a refinerey that would cost billions and billions of dollars to lower their profit?

If the US government is standing in the way why don't they build refineries in Saudi Arabia then import finished product?

Huh?

Huh?

It's an easy cop-out to blame someone-- greenies, gov't, etc, but if they make the business decision to not build more (but instead expand existing capacity on current sites), that is that!

Quote:
If the US government is standing in the way why don't they build refineries in Saudi Arabia then import finished product?

In a way, you could say we have refineries in Europe.

For years we have been importing gasoline from Europe due to their excess supply. The average European uses far less gas than Americans, plus many over there drive diesel vehicles.

Place your bets, how high will oil go!? I say over $200 a barrel by November then it will go down

Who knows, it may get there this Monday when the hurricane hits the gulf coast.

Nothing fair at all about the oil market, because it really isn't a free market. I have extracted/implied only one rule: When business AND governments are involved in a market, there will be corruption not matching laws and enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back