Good Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary, you could use RLI's BioPlus more like P.I. or any of the others if you want. I don't use it that way (I do the every tank thing), but it's labelled for it if you prefer the periodic shock treatment route.

Originally Posted By: Westerly
I have used Regain and it has one of the highest concentrations of PEA you can get in the consumer market PEA is the single most effective fuel cleaning agent you can buy period.
Also it is completely harmless to your plastic and rubber fuel seals and injectors. Some of the solvent based cleaner will damage those parts.

Use Regane with confidence. I agree that Regane is about the only consumer cleaner that actually seems give tangiable results you can feel.

Redline SI-1 has an equal, if not greater % of PEA. Plus it has the added benefit of synthetic lubricants to lube the upper engine.

"You can buy 4 bottles of Redline (arguably a better product) for the same price as BG44K".

While Redline is a very good product, when does quantity necessarily equal quality? With BG I have found only one is needed.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: Westerly
I have used Regain and it has one of the highest concentrations of PEA you can get in the consumer market PEA is the single most effective fuel cleaning agent you can buy period.
Also it is completely harmless to your plastic and rubber fuel seals and injectors. Some of the solvent based cleaner will damage those parts.

Use Regane with confidence. I agree that Regane is about the only consumer cleaner that actually seems give tangiable results you can feel.

Redline SI-1 has an equal, if not greater % of PEA. Plus it has the added benefit of synthetic lubricants to lube the upper engine.

Redline has greater % of PEA. That's why I'm going to switch to in once my old formula of BG 44k runs out.
Redline http://www.redlineoil.com/msds/43.pdf
Don't get me wrong, Regane IS a great product though!

Originally Posted By: tenderloin
"You can buy 4 bottles of Redline (arguably a better product) for the same price as BG44K".

While Redline is a very good product, when does quantity necessarily equal quality? With BG I have found only one is needed.

33.gif
If you could purchase an equal or arguably better product for 1/4 the cost of another....oh [censored] nevermind.
21.gif

Last edited:
Drew I don't know where you buy BG 44 but I do not pay 4 times the amount of Redline. It is just under twice as much. I have had great success with BG 44 so the price difference doesn't mean anything to me. Again Redline is very good although I have not used it in a few years. I'll give it a another try..on your recommendation

Here's an interesting post I found on another board. The most recent MSDS I found online for 44K shows no PEA at all.

Ingredients of the OLD 44K:
---------------------------
Polyetheramine (CAS N/A)
Heavy Aromatic Petroleum Distillates (CAS 64742-94-5)
Hydrotreated Heavy Petroleum Distillates (CAS 64742-48-9)
Napthalene (CAS 91-20-3)
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene (CAS 95-63-6)

Ingredients of the NEW 44K:
Stoddard Solvent (CAS 8052-41-3)
Hydrotreated Kerosene (CAS 64742-47-
Light Aromatic Solvent Naptha (CAS 64742-95-6)

Seems expensive for stoddard solvent and tiki-torch fuel.

Seems the same for Tehcron - used to have PEA, but not anymore.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Here's an interesting post I found on another board. The most recent MSDS I found online for 44K shows no PEA at all.

Ingredients of the OLD 44K:
Polyetheramine (CAS N/A)
Heavy Aromatic Petroleum Distillates (CAS 64742-94-5)
Hydrotreated Heavy Petroleum Distillates (CAS 64742-48-9)
Napthalene (CAS 91-20-3)
1,2,4-Trimethylbenzene (CAS 95-63-6)

Ingredients of the NEW 44K:
Stoddard Solvent (CAS 8052-41-3)
Hydrotreated Kerosene (CAS 64742-47-
Light Aromatic Solvent Naptha (CAS 64742-95-6)

Seems expensive for stoddard solvent and tiki-torch fuel.

Seems the same for Tehcron - used to have PEA, but not anymore.

New information to some, but I was aware of it. That's why I stated in my previous posts that I have the old formula of BG 44k. Once those run out, I will switch to Redline. I wouldn't buy that new forumla. Drew are you on NICO?

I just posted my EXP4 results in another thread. I paid $2.50 for a bottle and it cleared up my truck that was missing badly. Truck had been on a steady diet of FP60 for years.

It may not be available everywhere, the company is in Dallas. If your can find EXP4, use it.

Hmmmm BG 44 and Techron...two good fuel treatments no longer use PEA? Some say that makes them not worth the money. Is it possible BG and Chevron know something about PEA that we don't?

Must really be expensive stuff. Redline puts it in a product that sells in a store for under $7.00. LOL

It appears by the Chevron web site that they invented PEA. They state they use it in their product Techron Concentrate Plus.

"Polybutene Amine (PBA) and Polyether Amine (PEA) are two chemical technologies originally developed and patented by Chevron to help clean harmful deposits from carburetors, injectors, valves, and ports. Although commonly found in most consumer fuel system treatments, PBA still leaves behind combustion chamber deposits, preventing an engine from being restored to its original performance.

Not only does Techron Concentrate Plus have enough PEA to help remove deposits from your fuel system in one tankful, but it also can clean and protect your fuel system sensors from sulfuric buildup – the root cause of faulty fuel gauge readings".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back