Laser pointers banned after attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Julian
Well, there had to be 12 steps. (*hands on hips, eyes open expectantly*)
21.gif

Only if you belong to a cult...
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Well, they could always be grouped with hand guns. Licensed/ permitted under the same laws.
"The right to keep and bear laser pointers."
grin2.gif

..but only for a well organized light show group..

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Well, they could always be grouped with hand guns. Licensed/ permitted under the same laws.
"The right to keep and bear laser pointers."
grin2.gif

And of course, it would have to be clipped to the outside of you clothing. Carrying in a pocket would require a CCP.

When laser pointers are outlawed only outlaws will have laser pointers.

Use a laser pointer go to jail.

NLA,,, National Laser pointer Association.

Use a laser point in the commission of a crime in MA and you'll get TWO WEEKS. No if's, and's, or but's. TWO WEEKS. Think about it.

Originally Posted By: Win
EK Polk is absolutely correct.

There is no valid civilian use for these devices, they are a virtually anonymous weapon of singular to mass destruction, and it would be an appropriate use of legislative power to make them unobtainable except in the most controlled of circumstances. There is no rational argument to the contrary.

I hope it does not take an airliner catastrophe or random blindings of spectators, motorists, zoo animals, blah, the list is endless, to make it happen.

Freedom does not equal anarchy.

So why not make a law banning everything not deemed useful by big G?

The "Big G" is going to get more authoritarian as needs dictate. It's a simple function of maintaining (or trying to) order. If something causes too much chaos and is otherwise unmanageable ..then a law is created ..a regulation issued..a restriction applied.

Wow. You could try reading and following the forum rules. If you insist on plunging the thread headlong into the political side of this question, then this happens. I don't care what your viewpoint is, if you can't (or won't) follow the forum rules...

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning news...state Government is pushing legislation through today to ban the throwing of rocks...serious.

There have been some horrific injuries with people being hit by bricks and fist sized rocks thrown from bridges. One woman was in a coma for weeks. The driver of a packed bus was injured quite badly, which could have ended in disaster.

So now they ban, wholesale, the throwing of rocks...not the intent of the act, but a couple of kids practicing their marksmanship on a tin can in a vacant lot, anything.

Amazing. Next ..yelling ..then screaming in pain ... impure thoughts??

I need to really suppress my remote viewing and telephatic abilities. If they find out, I'll never get back to my proper reality.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Morning news...state Government is pushing legislation through today to ban the throwing of rocks...serious.

There have been some horrific injuries with people being hit by bricks and fist sized rocks thrown from bridges. One woman was in a coma for weeks. The driver of a packed bus was injured quite badly, which could have ended in disaster.

So now they ban, wholesale, the throwing of rocks...not the intent of the act, but a couple of kids practicing their marksmanship on a tin can in a vacant lot, anything.

How stupid can some people get.

What is the average educational level attained by those pols? Did any of them make it past the 3rd. grade?

I enjoy throwing rocks and skipping pebbles. *scratches Australia off vacation list*

Do you have the whole text of the statute/proposed statute? In Florida, we have a statute that prohibits "throwing a deadly missile". This law encompasses rocks, bottles, metal things, anything in fact, that might reasonably be expected to cause death or great bodily harm on impact.

Is there a consequence element in your Aussie rock statute? Actually, what I find silly is confining it to rocks. Why not any object that can cause great harm. Is throwing a crow bar in some way better than throwing a rock?

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Do you have the whole text of the statute/proposed statute? In Florida, we have a statute that prohibits "throwing a deadly missile". This law encompasses rocks, bottles, metal things, anything in fact, that might reasonably be expected to cause death or great bodily harm on impact.

Is there a consequence element in your Aussie rock statute? Actually, what I find silly is confining it to rocks. Why not any object that can cause great harm. Is throwing a crow bar in some way better than throwing a rock?

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23587240-5001030,00.html

Quote:
Amendments to the Crimes Act will now make rock throwing a criminal act in itself, irrespective of any harm or damage that such an act may inflict.

It will mean children who throw stones at trains, boats, and presumably camels (they can carry passengers), regardless of whether they hit their target, will be dealt with under the criminal code.

No longer will damage or injury need to be associated with the act for criminal charges to be laid - as soon as the rock leaves the hand, regardless of where it is headed or where it lands, the cuffs are on.
Rock-throwing, as the phrase suggests, is a base act that has its origin in the emerging behavioural traits of our two million-year-old ancestors, Australopithecus.

Most of us have evolved.

It's unclear at present how far they are intending to take it. Is it throwing a rock/object at a car, or the throwing of rocks in general

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back