Free Wifi spots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Getting my first laptop last week with a wireless card has brought a new hunger for free wifi service. I would like to start this thread with free wifi spots such as restaurants, hotels, etc. I'll start a few.

free wifi
Local libraries
Krystal restaurants
some local hotels
next door neighbors
grin2.gif

not free
starbucks--tmobile has you buy wifi service!
mcdonalds

anyone care to add any?

I love the precision used in the language to advertise. I believe McDonalds uses the "Free wi-fi access" which means "Free access point if you have the service"

all Iowa rest areas? wow, I would have never thought about rest areas as having free Wi-fi. not in Iowa. I'll have to think about trying in rest areas. I'm going on vacation in two weeks and bringing my wireless laptop. last year, I went to the grand canyon and every hotel I stayed at along the cross country trip offered free Wi-fi.

Well all rest areas in iowa on I80,90,35,is it 29. anyway all the ones i have been on. Pretty slick of those hawkeyes.

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I went to the grand canyon and every hotel I stayed at along the cross country trip offered free Wi-fi.

Staying in hotels that host conferences make you pay $9.99 every 24-hour period for internet access. Those rooms are often $200+/day, too! It's a rip off IMO.

In this day and age.... I won't stay in a hotel that does not have free internet access. I'd bet 80% of the hotels now have free int. access.
21.gif

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I went to the grand canyon and every hotel I stayed at along the cross country trip offered free Wi-fi.

Staying in hotels that host conferences make you pay $9.99 every 24-hour period for internet access. Those rooms are often $200+/day, too! It's a rip off IMO.

actually I stayed at local motels on route 66, offered free wifi internet. when I checked in, they offered to give me the password to connect to their wifi. advertised free wifi

Are you sure the rest stops are free? I see that some of the Washington State ones have Wi-fi.

They let you get free weather/traffic info. But you have to pay to surf.

Some are free some are not.......according to that link. Have you surfed rest stops yourself?

A few months back I was able to log on to the Washington DOT site, but you can't surf anywhere else.
At least not without paying. A lot of places say you can get access but they don't make it clear you have to pay.

Last edited:
Some hospitals have it free for the patients.

Local tire/parts chain VIP has free access, though I've never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back