Pennz Plat 5W/30 | 10,121 miles | Chysler 300M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Analysis of my 2004 300M was received today. Other than the silicon, looks great to me.
banana2.gif
Possible 12K OCIs with PP in my future. Blackstone's comments will refer to the previous UOA posted last week from my 2000 300M.

The two 300Ms are cared for identically. Both use K&N drop-in air filters and use either or a Wix Gold or Puralator PureOne oil filters with a 5K OFIs and 1/2 qt. of makeup oil.

Very impressive. Is there a better oil than PP? I'm not sure there is.

Sweet !!

IMO, I would put in a Amsoil EAA Air Filter.
thumbsup2.gif

Good luck!

I'd go for a better air filter especially if the K&N is not a paper one. The Amsoil Ea would be a good choice. Also check for any way air could enter the system without being filtered, like loose connections, hose cracks, etc.

Blackstone mentions the possibility of a dirty air filter causing high silicon. Maybe if the filter was oiled foam that could happen, but I do not see how that could happen with a dirty paper filter. Unless it had a tear.

Originally Posted By: ssmokn
That is pretty impressive! What size sump does the 300M have?
5qt capacity

Good report. Shows the positive effect of make up oil. I think you need a better air filter.

Originally Posted By: Cory
Analysis of my 2004 300M was received today. Other than the silicon, looks great to me.
banana2.gif
Possible 12K OCIs with PP in my future. Blackstone's comments will refer to the previous UOA posted last week from my 2000 300M.

The two 300Ms are cared for identically. Both use K&N drop-in air filters and use either or a Wix Gold or Puralator PureOne oil filters with a 5K OFIs and 1/2 qt. of makeup oil.

You can save money and possibly improve your air-filtration by moving to a Tough Guard Fram.

Is PP a heavier weight 30 as well like GC? Only have 10 qts of GC left and need a good replacement for my Nissan VQ35DE which prefers heavier 30s. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back