Pre Mix KX 85 for racing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been running Motul 800 premix 32:1.with 112 sunnoco race gas I have boosted compression with a smaller cc head.It has a reed valve and says synthic only.Is this for the tree hugers or can I run Caster Bean oil??

what about if I mix,say 42:1 with a dash of castor oil.The leaner the mix more HP but as you know more wear on piston,rings.I think less heat??.Will the castor clog the reed valve??.I want all HP I can get for at least 10-12 hours of engine ring life.Thanks

Originally Posted By: mudsling
what about if I mix,say 42:1 with a dash of castor oil.The leaner the mix more HP but as you know more wear on piston,rings.I think less heat??.Will the castor clog the reed valve??.I want all HP I can get for at least 10-12 hours of engine ring life.Thanks

You could do that too. It's up to you - I don't know your engine, the tuning, etc.

I do disagree with "The leaner the mix more HP..." I wish it was that simple....some engines - in particular race engines need that extra oil for better piston seal so actually the more oil, the more HP! Try your current ratio with the 1 oz of castor - you might be pleasantly surprized. Won't hurt your reed valve. Where are you getting the Castor oil?

I am going to the drug store ,pure castor.I agree more oil better ring seal.We have a Honda 06 cr85 none reed valve motor.I did the same mods to it also.I have used castor in it.I have always thought castor lubes very well.They make jet fuel out of it.I was told

Originally Posted By: mudsling
I am going to the drug store ,pure castor.I agree more oil better ring seal.We have a Honda 06 cr85 none reed valve motor.I did the same mods to it also.I have used castor in it.I have always thought castor lubes very well.They make jet fuel out of it.I was told

I'm not sure you want to use drug store castor oil. Has it been degummed?

Jet fuel from castor oil is possible I suppose....don't think it's a common thing. Never heard of it, though.

if you want a good castor oil, try maxima's. Like Pabs said some oils will tend to gum up over time. But with your high octane leaded gas the piston should stay pretty clean. Just pay close attention to your spark plug readings when determining your ratio.

You should make more horsepower as you increase the oil AS LONG AS you increase your jetting. With more oil in the gas, you have less fuel vs oil so you will run lean by just increasing the oil. A few years back there was an article in Dirt Rider where a mechanic tested horsepower vs different oil ratios with either a 125 or 250, can't remember which or what brand, on a dyno. IIRC, he tested all the way to 8:1 and found that horsepower increased with more oil every time, BUT he had to rejet for every test.

I was into go kart racing a few years back and some of the racers using KT-100 Yamaha 2-stroke kart motor mixed pure caster never heard of degummed.I was saying reed valve I ment Power Valve on the KX85 that is what I was concerned about gumming up and reducing power.It would seem more strait race gas bigger explosion?more power.I will ck. on go kart web site.Plug readings seem to be right on the money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back