Removing Armorall Protectant

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used Armorall Protectant on the plastic panels in Accord.
My wify wants to have wood trim of a more expensive model (wood-looking plastic with double-sided tape - nothing more...)

What is the best way to remove ArmorAll protectant?
Will rubbing alcohol be sufficient or should I wash panels with mild detergent before using rubbing alcohol?

Thanks

I used to just use enough rubbing alcohol to get a soft cloth damp and wipe it off when applying adhesive stuff to dashboards. Might not have been the right answer but it seems to have worked.

I've used Westleys bleach white on the gas/brake and floor vinyl, after my father thought it looked better with "son of a gun" on them.

slick pedals they were.

Spot test whatever you decide. A diluted Simple Green may work well also. Meguiars makes a dash cleaner wipe which doesn't add any protectant.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
I used to just use enough rubbing alcohol to get a soft cloth damp and wipe it off when applying adhesive stuff to dashboards. Might not have been the right answer but it seems to have worked.
+1

Alright, I'll go the easy route. I don't worry much about spot testing because everything will be covered up anyway.
thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back