Oil leak after Auto-RX

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in the rinse phase of my Auto-RX treatment and there is an oil leak now. I'm losing about half a quart in 4 weeks. Should I do another Auto-RX treatment or just wait it out another 3000 miles? My car is a 98 Toyota Camry with 150,000 miles. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Wow Chan. You have been a member here since December 2006, and this is your very first post. You really weigh your words carefully don't you?
LOL.gif

When you say leaking, do you mean you have a spot on your garage floor now or something?

The Auto Rx has cleaned both sides of your seals, and the conventional oil will recondition them. Finish the rinse cycle, and if the leak is still present do another treatment

Where is it leaking from? Sure won't hurt to do another treatment and see if it goes away. If not, time for a repair...

later,
b

I'm not quite sure where the leak is coming from. How long should I wait after the cleaning phase to start another treatment?

Originally Posted By: Frank
Chan are you trying to stop a seal leak ? Please advise.

I bought the car a couple months ago and had a bottle of Auto-RX sitting in my garage, so I decided to give it a treatment. The car wasn't leaking oil until after the cleaning phase of Auto-RX.

Chan have someone check and indentify where the leak is coming from.

A seal leak calls for a differen,t application. Ae you using synthetic oil?

It could be as simple as a crud buildup (acting as a seal of sorts) that Auto-Rx cleaned. Any way feel sure we can stop leak once we know it,s origin.

Last edited:
I'm thinking its some sort of crud buildup that was sealing the leak, I'm not the greatest at identifying origins of leaks, but the car has been using dino as far as I know (Chevron Supreme). I am nearing the end of the rinse phase, about 200 miles left until I change the oil.

Last edited:
So I'm just about due for an oil change and am wondering if I should switch to 10w-40 for this interval to see if it seals anything up. Should I do this or just stick with good ol regular 5w-30.

Chan, have you checked your PCV, it might be a good idea to change this, on my Dad's old car he called me 1 day to tell me his car was really down on oil, like almost 2 quarts, checked his PCV and it was totally clogged, now no more issues, when I did Auto-Rx I had the same thing with oil leaking, posted to Frank, he recommended changing the PCV and now no more leaks. Yes I did change my Dad's PCV, I would not bother cleaning the PCV just replace it and see what happens.

Originally Posted By: c3po
Chan, have you checked your PCV, it might be a good idea to change this, on my Dad's old car he called me 1 day to tell me his car was really down on oil, like almost 2 quarts, checked his PCV and it was totally clogged, now no more issues, when I did Auto-Rx I had the same thing with oil leaking, posted to Frank, he recommended changing the PCV and now no more leaks. Yes I did change my Dad's PCV, I would not bother cleaning the PCV just replace it and see what happens.

I have no idea on how to replace the PCV valve or hose, is it an expensive job to get done?

Alright well I took my car to my mechanic and he says that my camshaft seal is bad and so is the valve cover gasket. Contemplating just throwing in some 10w-40 after the rinse phase to see if it goes back to old.

If your saying a false seal stopped your leaks and now because metal is clean as well as seals and that this caused it to start again.Just not so .You might have ripped or torn seals if so it,s a mechanical issue.

IMO stay with the right viscosity of oil that your engine calls for and go to 3000 mile rinse mode AGAIN with non synthetic or high mileage oil. If you have to top off oil do so while in rinse mode thas okay.

Your mileage calls for a second application of Auto-Rx start this after you see leak slowing down (1 Auto-Rx treatment will not adequately clean an engine with your mileage) You have a high mileage engine and i think a piece of dirt is under a seal or seals thats why i want you to stay in rinse mode longer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back