Mineral Oil in 2 stroke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I have a little Problem I can not get synthetic oil for the mixture of my RM125 Suzuki.
The only oil I could get is half synthetic oil and TC-W3 and TC-W2 can I use it in the bike? The bike goes up to 11000 rpm would that be a problem?

Thanks for the help I hope you guys know better than me.
27.gif

best regards
Arnego2

What year is your RM? I know in the old owners manuals they recommended a 20:1 mix ratio when there was no synthetic oil. I suppose you could mix that rich then rejet the carb to run slightly rich and you'd be fine. If you can get synthetic blend, then use that, it would be better.

chris

synthetic blend at 32:1 would be safe and fine. It may sound like 11,000 rpm, but I dont think your hitting that in a 125.If you are, your pushing it too hard.

Hello
Thanks for the fast replies, the RM125 is a 1998-1999. I bought used and therefore I don't have a users manual, most unfortunate that is. I haven't driven it so far as I wait for the papers, to drive the bike on street and I don't intend to push it to 11000rpm. But I believe it could go as high as that. Anyway does mineral oil have less lubricational properties than synthetic? That is how I understand that.

best regards
Arnego2

Synthetics have better lubricating properties, but in a two stroke application it is not as important as it would be in a four stroke, since the oil burns up with the gas. What you will see is better cleanieness using two stroke oil. I had a 1978 KX125, that I ran the cheapest Kmart oil in and never had a problem. I ran it hard, being I was around 15. I have always had Dirt bikes and all were two strokes, out of them all and numerous brands and tear downs, I never seen significant difference in synthetics aginst blends, carbon deposits were on the piston tops from conventional, but all two stroke oils are better now, including conventional. The two brands I had the best luck with were Spectro and Yamalube 2R, semi synthetic racing oil. I still use the Yamalube 2R in all my two stroke bikes.

Hello Panzerman
I was lucky to get a Yamalube 2R over here, thanks for the trip nice to know that I can use it. Here we have a PDVSA Oil TC-W2 saying that it can be used at 1:50 but I am not sure that it is OK. The Yamalube 2R is a half- synthetics oil so it could be better.
Thx a lot
Regards
Arnego2

Two cycle oils have come along way since tcw2. The 2r would be a better choice IMO.

mineral, semi syn, syn DOES NOT always equate to good better best

Originally Posted By: Panzerman
synthetic blend at 32:1 would be safe and fine. It may sound like 11,000 rpm, but I dont think your hitting that in a 125.If you are, your pushing it too hard.

Any 125 2 stroke MX bike will hit 11,000 or more RPMS with no problem. The TCW rated oils are a marine rating I believe for a constant RPM engine. This may not be the best oil for an RM.

If you can get the Yamalube 2R that is my choice of any in the U.S out of them all. I have personally tore down engines with it and they were clean. I run the 2R at 40:1 ratio. When I said 32:1 , I was giving that ratio for any two stroke multi use you may have found. 40:1 is about 3.2 ounces to 1 gallon of gas, 32:1 would be about 4 ounces to a gallon. Buy yourself a cooking measuring cup, buy a glass one, some plastics are effected by the gas and melt. Good luck. Iam running the 40:1 currently in 1994 KDX200s with excellent results, no plug fouling or excessive smoke and plug readings look good.

Hello all
and thanks for the advice I personally do not like the sound of screaming engines so I believe that I won't really reach those 11 000 rpms but an oil has to be good enough that it could go as far. Here in Venezuela our political regime
18.gif
thinks, and rightly so, that as an Oil producing country it should provide an oil fitting those capabilities, unfortunately it is not so clear whien. The Yamalub is an TC-W3 oil and over the internet comes over that it van be used, marine standarts non withstanding. Our local oil company sells still a TC-W2 version and that as an advanced modern kind of oil. Well opinions seem to go several ways and for sure if I don't have anything else I'll run that and most likely at around 40:1. Which should be enough lubrication anyway.

The bike is relatively old, 1998 to 1999 and has been driven at weekends for a few hours since its importation. It still has its first piston and used Belray a full synthetic oil. I'll see what comes out of that. Many thanks to all of you it did help and it is much appreciated. Thanks again.

Arnego2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back