Auto RX in Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps you should talk to him about Nickel and Dime-ing potential customers, come up with a price structure for the product 'shipped to my door' including the wrapping paper!
Plus the 5% surcharge is male cow Dung.
Maybe I'll deal with him when he resorts to ebay to re-coup

All fluids have been changes, coolant did not seem too bad, but the brake fluid was very black, so I flushed and fitted new seals. The washer fluid had evaporated to a 1/2" crust! and the windshield wiper blades just crumbled when I changed them. I was told the truck had never seen rain!

Why don't you get it shipped to Bellingham, WA?
Then take a day trip (or a weekend) so you wife can buy some cheap shoes while the Can dollar is still near par.

I did think of that, once in a while we cross into the U.S. But Frank will not ship to PO Boxes.
Thing is, I was lukewarm about the Idea in the first place, but thought "What the heck, Give it a go"

Originally Posted By: Spitty
Perhaps you should talk to him about Nickel and Dime-ing potential customers, come up with a price structure for the product 'shipped to my door' including the wrapping paper!
Plus the 5% surcharge is male cow Dung.
Maybe I'll deal with him when he resorts to ebay to re-coup

Well that's about what PayPal charges for using their service - 5%. You think retailers don't build 2 - 3% into their prices to pay for the charges by the credit card companies ?

After reading your posts, I don't think ARX is for you. I think pulling the engine and spending several hundred dollars or perhaps a couple of grand is what you really want. That way, you'll show everybody that you didn't spend that extra 8 bucks on shipping and other charges that you couldn't justify.

va3ux. Man, warn me next time. I was in mid coffee swallow when I read that.
LOL.gif

Spitty: Do what you think is best. The Canadian distributor should be able to sell it to you for a sensible amount below what Frank can send it to you for. Neither are going to cut into each other's throat too far. That's the rules of wholesale:retail. The tire warehouse isn't going to undermine his best customers for retail sales...etc..etc.. Now if he's leaving it sit out in some hydraulic service hose shop on the counter ..then it's going to pay for the real estate that it takes up; just like anything else that's kept "oh hand, just in case".

Originally Posted By: sprintman
He actually comes across as a real tosser. Rebuild your engine and let the rest of us carry on with RX.

I'm not sure if you are referring to me or the Distributor?
Not that I care either way.
As I said, I set out to buy this product on a Whim, I thought I could just buy it at my local Auto store. When I tried to order on line, I found that I was being charged a $19 premium on two bottles over and above customers that live in the States (that seemed a little excessive) so I contact a (seemingly inept) Canadian distributor that nickel and Dimes me with one surcharge after another!
Now, perhaps I'm on my own here, but as a customer, I don't like that! How would you feel if you went to a store to buy a product and was told "Thank you sir, and that will cost an extra 3% for paying by credit card, and another $1 for the Bag"
My Guess is MOST people would take there business elsewhere!
And NOT because of the extra couple of $
If I chose to re-build the engine, It will be to ease my mind about a whole bunch of things APART from the visible varnish. No matter how good ARX may be (and I don't doubt it VERY good at what it does) it's not a new engine in a can.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
va3ux. Man, warn me next time. I was in mid coffee swallow when I read that.
LOL.gif

Sorry Gary. I'll send a packet of wipes for the computer monitor and keyboard next time.
56.gif

Originally Posted By: va3ux
Watch the insults.

There weren't any in that post. At the same time, I don't mind a little governance keeping some civility to the board.

Last edited:
Spitty,

I can see the good reasons you have for being dissatisfied with the purchase process to Canada. What are 'reasonable and just' in terms of charges and surcharges for an international purchase to one, is obviously not reasonable to you.

Can't say that I really blame you. Ebay doesnt allow a purchase surcharge for auctions being paid for by paypal, but then again, gas stations up their prices so that cash or credit get the same price, and lots of businesses offer a 'cash discount'.

If you feel that the distributor isnt making the purchase worth completing, then let them know that, and let them know that they lost the sale. Let Frank know that as well, and don't make the purchase. There are other products which work differently, may not be as thorough, but may work well enough. Consider doing an LC20 flush, a schaeffer's neutra flush, or an amsoil engine flush. If their site sponsors are more willing to do business on your terms, then you still get a quality product. Business is competitive, let the businesses compete for what will do the job well enough for you. These business folks need to eat too. If they want your sale, theyll make things happen or at least explain completely honestly why they cannot, and perhaps their honesty will comfort you into being willing to make the purchase (or not - your call).

Do what is best for you, and please disregard all of the insulting posts in this thread.

Best,

JMH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back