Hydraulic jack won't pump up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kestas

Staff member
My hydraulic jack won't pump up the lift mechanism. The lever mechanism works okay and the unit is full of hydraulic fluid, but it won't pump up. This is a Prolift 3300 lb jack with wheels and the hydraulic pump is mounted horizontally.

I believe it may have air in it that needs to be bled. What is the procedure for bleeding air out of the unit?

This has happened in the past and I've always managed to get it working... but not this time. The unit is over 20 years old, but I don't want to toss it if it's still repairable.

88Dakota's reccomendation is correct. In it's normal position, open valve and pump repeatedly. ten when valve is closed it should work properly.

Bob

A lot of these floor jacks have no rebuild kits available; they're pretty much a throw-away when the seals give out.

I've go an old Taiwanese made 3.5 ton jack that needed some steel balls for the races in the swivel casters. I was so dang stubborn, that I went and found a place that stocked the steel balls I wanted; now it rolls real nice.
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back