Jeep Liberty CRD, Rotella 5W-40, 7300 mi

Status
Not open for further replies.

This interval was the first I ran with the EGR disabled, and what a difference. Wear ppm per mile are exactly half what they were before, and viscosity stayed in control this time. Installed an oversized M1 filter and going 10k this change.

Plus the additive package looks like it is in better shape as well after running a few more miles than before.
You are using the Jeep off road with the EGR disabled, eh?
wink.gif

I'm not sure what the laws are in his sections of the USA, but in Florida, nobody ever checks the emissions of cars, cops don't even check to see if certain pieces of hardware are missing.

EDIT: It doesn't even matter if you are on the road or off it.

Last edited:
Well, perhaps, Cali is a bit different from the great state of Florida. Here emissions are taken quite seriously, and you can end up with large fines for disabling emissions equipment. The exceptions are if it is used off road.
The smog zillots are trying to require cat converters on wood burning stoves here in Cali. Sort of crazy.

Last edited:
Factory fill was unkown, but all the intervals since then have been the Rotella 5W-40. Factory spec is 6500mi severe, 12000mi "not severe". Sump is 6.5qts, engine displacement is 2.8L .

K, thanks. looks like the factory fill may have been 10w-30 unless it sheared like [censored].

i have a hard time seeing a clear wear-in pattern. reaffirms my belief you should break-in using dino.

To me the wear pattern looks like, 1)break-in; 2)optimum interval in stock form; 3)too long (soot); 4)too long (soot); 5)could go longer (less soot now).

The engine tends to thicken the oil and shed iron without the EGR disabled. Now she's easy on the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back