Grease separation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've greased my '06 Chevy Silverado once using Mobil 1 Grease and it seems like the grease is separating a lot. I get 2 drips from under the pitman arm and idler arm grease points. Also my grease gun was leaking like crazy the red mobil 1 mess. Are there any greases out there that will stop this? It seems that Schaeffer's and Mystik JT-6 have a good following here. Any others? I normally just let the dealer handle the maintenance but decided to start doing it when I bought the truck. Never had this problem before...time for Mobil 1 to go!

So what does everyone recommend?

I had a serious separation problem with Castrol MP grease in the white tube that sort of looks like Castrol GTX oil bottles.

I had to store my grease guns in a plastic tub because there was so much separation. I guess this is just a suggestion to steer clear of that one!

Also, the castrol MP didn't seem to have the GM ratings for my 04 avalanche, but the castrol "synthetic" grease did have them printed on the tube.

I cleaned out my grease gun tub and will report back in a year as to whether it separates.

Good thread, I'll be interested in hearing which ones are good!

Bleeding seems like a good thing in some applications, as grease doen't always get distributed well. I noticed the same thing with my Mobil 1, and don't worry about on tie rods, ball joints, etc.

I have yet to find a synthetic grease that can control the bleed.
Synthetic oils don't seem to get along with present day thickeners, most I've seen go with Aluminum Complex thickeners, it doesn't matter what color they are they all seem to weep.

I also sell lubricants and have been for the same company (Texas Refinery Corp.) for over 30 years, you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, but if you try TRC's Paragon 3000, you will become a believer, that Quality still exists.

The best part is it is not very expensive, it is a little harder to get you hands on though. Ask for it at your auto parts store and they can get it for you and all you friends.

You can spend more time enjoying life,instead of spending your time wiping oil spots off your driveway and mopping up the mess on your grease gun, or grease gun storage box, and still replacing bearings.

Stability is an issue in my book.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back