Zinc: 1,555
Moly: 218
Fuel: Acceptable (0-3)
Water: Glycol: Neg
Visc-100ccST: 13.8
TBN: 6.5
Soot: Oxidation: 11.00
Nitration: 5.00

Oil was topped off with 16oz of Power Service Diesel Lube Oil Extender near the end of the OCI

This is my first OCI with DELO 400 since the truck was new and it’s the best UOA to date … (click on UOA in my signature for history) The truck now has old stock M1 T&SUV (5w40) for the winter .. If I didn’t live in the cold northeast I would run the DELO 400 all year round..

smile.gif

Looking good Bill, I checked your last oa at 8k and this seems to be in par with the mobil 1, althought the tbn is about half what the mobil was. I would like to see the same sample with cj-4 delo. What's the reasoning for the ps lube extender? Thanks for the write up on your home page about the coolant filter, I referanced it a couple a times when I put the same filter and head on my cummins. I'm sure you could probably double your oci and still have nice results.

Quote:

Great wear metals. Before I read that you added lube extender, I was wondering where all the moly came from.

That Moly is about the norm for Delo 400 CI4+...It must not have been in the lube extender.
That TBN is a little lower than expected- what were the conditions of usage?

"If I didn’t live in the cold northeast I would run the DELO 400 all year round.. "

smile.gif

Run Delo 5W40...

Quote:

Harley wrote: … the tbn is about half what the mobil was… What's the reasoning for the ps lube extender? … Thanks for the write up on your home page about the coolant filter …

Quote:

Great wear metals. Before I read that you added lube extender, I was wondering where all the moly came from

Quote:

D-ROC wrote: That Moly is about the norm for Delo 400 CI4+...It must not have been in the lube extender. That TBN is a little lower than expected- what were the conditions of usage? …

Quote:

D-Roc wrote: (Regarding my comment) "If I didn’t live in the cold northeast I would run the DELO 400 all year round.. ")

Run Delo 5W40...

Harley, D-Roc, Stroker,

Thanks for the comments ..

I’m also curious why the TBN was lower with the DELO compared to the M1?? The value is still good but significantly lower than the M1. My driving habits didn’t change ... 15k-16mi/year primarily unloaded with a combination of highway & city driving… as a rule I always try to drive a minimum of 20 minutes to get the engine/oil up to temperature… I’ve also been routinely topping off with a ½ quart of PS Diesel Lube Oil Extender about 2/3’rds of the way through each OCI (see PS-DLOE virgin UOA)). I stocked up on the DLOE a few years ago when Wal-Mart was closing it out so I’m using it up… Another point ..when the truck was new I did 3 quick 1kmi OCI’s with DELO 400 to flush the engine.. the trucks first UOA at the end of this interval with the DELO also had a lower TBN ..?? However Joshua B’s 02 Dmax LB7 UOA with DELO 400 had an 11.4 TBN … (most 01-03 LB7’s are non-EGR, non CAT) ...

Also …

Harley,
Thanks for the feedback on the coolant filter .. glad to hear it ‘s been a help to some folks .. I just did the annual change on mine .. it’s still picking up stuff after 4 years..

D-ROC,
Good point on the DELO 5w40 for the winter months … I can’t find it around here .. After I use up my old stock of 5w40 M1 T&SUV (3 years worth) I’ll have to look for some DELO 5w40.

smile.gif

" I’ll have to look for some DELO 5w40."

smile.gif

Chevron Bulk Lubricants Distributors will have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back