Recent Topics
schaeffers moly ep
by hyperscion
09/24/16 06:47 PM
Free Credit Report. What is a Reputable Site?
by Cristobal
09/24/16 06:37 PM
Is a turndown exhaust louder?
by ryan2022
09/24/16 06:36 PM
Bathroom fans - more than noisemakers!
by sciphi
09/24/16 02:45 PM
Trouble Ariens Deluxe 24 Snow Blower
by Astro_Guy
09/24/16 02:28 PM
My humble oil filter cutter
by koffy
09/24/16 02:17 PM
Autozone oil sale started already?
by Vlad_the_Russian
09/24/16 01:22 PM
Sold my Dodge Ram 2500 with Cummins diesel
by Donald
09/24/16 12:33 PM
Open House at NAPA in Grand Rapids
by anl0109
09/24/16 12:04 PM
Do You Shake?
by THafeez
09/24/16 11:21 AM
DI fuel injectors and fuel dilution
by Danh
09/24/16 11:12 AM
OK to use an SL oil ?
by iExcel
09/24/16 10:27 AM
Newest Members
nalby, Norris, Ryno, 0919, Combatwombat69
59176 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (AIRJAC3, aquariuscsm, Bandito440, andyd, B320i, 2002 Maxima SE, 11 invisible), 1458 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59176 Members
66 Forums
254883 Topics
4186351 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: BMW X5 35d 9700mi D1 LE 5W30 by m37charlie @ Today at 02:13 PM

I do not think the DPF was plugged. The mileage numbers prior modification were unchanged since the vehicle was virtually new. The vehicle does get about once a month (about once every 6-700mi) longer trips, 30-80 miles. Personally, my top bete no
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Is Maxlife 75W-80 GL4 MTF safe for yellow metals by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 02:02 PM

Capri , not Caprice , that's a Chevrolet, i have some Ford 75W-90 GL-4 gear oil that is approved for gearboxes with yellow metals such as brass synchros, might use that then , i have 1 Liter left so i only need another bottle Kv of 15.0 cst
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Anybody know Ford PTU's? by buck91 @ Today at 01:38 PM

I should have taken some more pics but once I figured out the vent location it was all pretty straight forward. You can find it on the very top of the PTU from under on the driver side. Replace with longer hose (I used 5/16" ATF cooler line) a
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: 36mm socket... loaner from AZ by bowlofturtle @ Today at 01:31 PM

I've done this many times at AZ. Sometimes its a bit of a hassle an other times its great, i use it like a try it before i buy a better tool. AZ's logic is if you dont have the tool to remove it, you wont buy the part. I've done this mainly for
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tired of tires that are too big. by 02SE @ Today at 01:19 PM

Originally Posted By: gfh77665I have a 1998 F-150 work truck I got in a trade. Instread of the stock 235-70-16's, the previous owner is running 265-75-16's. Thats too big especially for a single cab with just a 4.2L V6 under the hood. Not only does t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Filter Q? by Chris142 @ Today at 01:17 PM

I bet it would fit.the mount on the engine is about 5/8 wide where the seal goes
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Stihl Fs38 oil? Maxima k2 by bonami2 @ Today at 01:03 PM

Ok Im probably gonna store the fuel at room temp of 20c so i do think the fuel will still be good for next summer? The tank got a good seal so no air escape.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Jeep Compass, anyone??? by Jetronic @ Today at 01:02 PM

does this sit below the Cherokee in the line-up?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Thought I'd update everyone: Having a baby soon and just moved into a house so all of my time and energy has been spent there (patching holes, primer and painting walls). However, I was able to figure out the issue and it was indeed the timing tensi
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: "Perfect" drive to work… by Mr Nice @ Today at 12:49 PM

Yep, enjoy your time driving those classic cars.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil power foam spray w/o map sensor? by Rohan @ Today at 12:47 PM

Originally Posted By: OlasCan you fit a straw in the end of he can? It will reach past the sensor.. Or use a vac. port maybe? Better yet find out why the carbon is building up and address the problem, not the symptom. It didn't come with the stra
Jump to new posts Re: Getting ready to Make the Switch by crazyoildude @ Today at 12:42 PM

I did the opposite i switched from Pennzoil to Mobil and im very happy so far..
Jump to new posts Re: engine bearings: al_si vs tri metal vs coated by turtlevette @ Today at 12:36 PM

1000 miles
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Originally Posted By: RamblejamOriginally Posted By: BigD1Reckon the six quart pack of Valvoline was not cheap enough, so they lowered it to $4.75. https://www.walmart.com/ip/Valvoline-10W-30-Premium-Conventional-Motor-Oil-1-qt.-6-pack/45514401 Or
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Why the double login? by RTexasF @ Today at 12:05 PM

Originally Posted By: wymi516I had to log in and then delete the current saved link in my bookmarks. I then saved the current logged in link and it appears to be working normally now. Thank you, that worked for me as well.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: BG 109 vs 120, any techs experienced w/ both? by UltrafanUK @ Today at 11:38 AM

It might be cheaper to try using a higher octane fuel than a fuel additive to resolve the detonation issue, although I would make sure the timing is correct first. The oil consumption is a tad on the high side, so it might be worth moving up a grade
General and Off Topic
Originally Posted By: andrewgI would have not read this thread. lol
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Oil ? by deven @ Today at 11:04 AM

Royal Purple XPR 5w30. I settle for Royal Purple HPS 5w30. Cheapest I can find XPR is $16.
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol edge 5w50 by Nissan101 @ Today at 10:56 AM

Thank you all Unfortunately its almost impossible to do an UOA in my country :-(
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wasting money on premium gas by Excel @ Today at 10:33 AM

Originally Posted By: whipQuote:AAA says it's just money out the tailpipe — lots of it. In a national survey on gasoline use, AAA said 16.5 million U.S. drivers spent $2.1 billion they didn't need to in the past year on premium gasoline. http://www.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: HID kit lo beams point high by Jetronic @ Today at 10:07 AM

this is what my factory HID look like much more uniform lighting, I'd say
Jump to new posts Re: lightest 0w30 or 5w30 by Danh @ Today at 09:59 AM

Originally Posted By: crazyoildudeI think it is Pennzoil platinum 5w30 synthetic im pretty sure the Mobil 1 is heavier but i could be wrong because i can't find any current 2016 specs. on the Pennzoil site.. This is a familiar discussion. Go to ww
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
redline kart oil or amsoil. amsoil is endorsed for briggs.
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: E-mail Notifications by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 09:39 AM

Mr. Wilson, I have something strange going on here now. First, I am not getting email notifications, again. Then, when I sign onto the website it reads I am not logged in. I press the button to log in and it logs me in automatically, without having t
Plastic is very difficult to plate, any of the steps in the plating process or producing the base material goes wrong it peels. Nothing you can do about it except change the part. Warranty. http://www.plateworld.com/editorial34.htm
Page 3 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 20 21 >