by SavagePatch
09/30/16 08:30 AM
What temp are various grades rated to?
by Doublehaul
09/30/16 08:15 AM
Cq reds via rockauto
by HankMcMauser
09/30/16 08:00 AM
Starter terminal lube to prevent corrosion.
by ford46guy
09/30/16 07:25 AM
2013 GLK350 Diff and Trans Oil Reccomendations
by Thugzy
09/30/16 07:24 AM
Meijer October ad 10/2 through 10/22
by a1mfw
09/30/16 05:17 AM
Meijer 2 day sale 9/30 and 10/1
by a1mfw
09/30/16 05:10 AM
Newest Members
Jeff_Ferg, Kaiser, DanielStone, AWJ1954, codie
59227 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (01rangerxl, 2009Edge, 4WD, adamrc, 69GTX, 10 invisible), 1818 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59227 Members
66 Forums
255092 Topics
4190710 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Sully by pandus13 @ 48 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowHere's a review of the movie by the pilot of the Qantas Airbus that suffered catastrophic engine failure and he got it down. https://qf32.aero/2016/09/28/review-sully-movie/ WOW! Just WOW!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Can we now agree that Fram is the best? by JMJNet @ 53 minutes 21 seconds ago

I guess it depends on which Fram are we talking about. Fram have at least 3 different tiers of oil filter, may be more. The Orange (low end), I am still not sure but also depends on application. For some Diesel truck, there are a few occurences of
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Damaged Filters? by Sayjac @ 53 minutes 55 seconds ago

Quote:I always tighten them hand tight...as tight as my bare hands can make it. I then proceed to remove it without even adding oil and it's so tight that I must remove it by wrench. I don't think anyone mentioned how dented a filter can be and not
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Honda Ridgeline by andrewg @ 56 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HokiefydOriginally Posted By: AirgunSavantI do think Honda overly wimped out the new Ridgeline. More car than truck. I think they missed the mark. My biggest pet peeve with the new Ridgeline (and the old one, the one I own) is
General and Off Topic
How long will it be before we have a "Clown Lives Matter" group claiming they're being oppressed by the police?
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ceramic pads optimal in -20 fahrenheit winter? by bioburner @ Today at 10:38 AM

They were not giving any feeling of getting anything much other than the gut feeling of will it or won't it stop. Maybe the shmuck who installed them did the job wrong. The Transit Connect is known for poor brake response so when the rig went on the
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Alaska, the Land of Massive Headlight Glare? by SubLGT @ Today at 10:35 AM

Women of Alaska are tough. Melson was driving west on the Palmer-Wasilla Highway when she noticed a big pickup behind her with the multibulb illuminated bar mounted between the hood and engine compartment. "I glanced in my rearview mirrors
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inconsiderate people.... by grampi @ Today at 10:30 AM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: grampi Really? What would you have done? Leave a note on his car apologizeing fordamaging it. He'll drive himself nuts looking for the "damage". Wow, that would really teach him a le
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Originally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover First off, like I said in that post, it really is a serious question. Meaning, I really don't know why one would ever use a 5w30 over a 0w30. I'm not even really clear on why any oils have a winter weight above
Jump to new posts Re: "High performance" wires? by buck91 @ Today at 09:56 AM

Originally Posted By: VikasThis is yet another stupid topic. Every spark plug in every vehicle already has a resistor built-in it. The coil wires don't conduct massive currents. Their job is to make sure the massive voltage does not leak through i
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Drums Warped Out of Box..Part 2 by funflyer @ Today at 09:55 AM

Originally Posted By: KingCakeOriginally Posted By: oilboy123 I bought a second set of rear rotors for my car and they are warped as well. Not rocket science to get this stuff right..... but you would think it was. Or is it apathy.........? With ro
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Spare Tire by AirgunSavant @ Today at 09:50 AM

Yes- lol Remember the war and movie intermissions? yes same dude! Originally Posted By: RhondaHondaPretty neat! Did the same person narrate every video from that era?
Jump to new posts Re: winter storage of multiple batteries by circuitsmith @ Today at 09:37 AM

Way back when, like before WWII battery cases were semi-porous. Sitting on a concrete surface the acid could creep out of the battery and into the floor and form a leakage path for current.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: zddp additives by roadrunner1 @ Today at 09:36 AM

An off the shelf HDEO will work for almost all applications as I have half a dozen older engines/trucks and they all get 15w-40. The only disclaimer is stiffer than stock valve springs/racing applications. My brother has an older Porsche he tracks a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Reason(s) for V8 not being smooth at idle by DriveHard @ Today at 09:30 AM

My 2011 6.2L idles about 550 in gear. While it is not silky smooth like my wife's I6 or the old BMW V12 I owned...it is pretty smooth, just enough slight vibration to let you know it is alive. That vibration increases if the A/C is on of course, or
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Originally Posted By: ThugzyYes its specified as lifetime, but my MB tech says to change it out at 60k-Kms as there have seen failures on high mileage GLK/C-class...belief is earlier fluid change should reduce failures. Thanks for the inputs... Is
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Nissan Murano by PaleRider @ Today at 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: wemayOriginally Posted By: PaleRiderkeeping the service cost cheaper is what the salesman said. You constantly read on bitog how cheaply synthetics can be had, "sometimes for the same or less than conventionals". I'
Jump to new posts Re: Hybrid harder on engine oil? by circuitsmith @ Today at 09:15 AM

Diesel never runs rich, unless it's rollin' coal.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Yamalube 4 Stroke Motor Oil by Analyzer @ Today at 09:10 AM

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: AnalyzerI'm trying to get their beta ratio at some point as I hope they have a higher efficiency than what the Toyota OEM filters received from Amsoil's OEM filter comparison of 51% at 20 microns (wh
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by MinamiKotaro @ Today at 09:08 AM

2004 Saturn Ion 7165 miles on oil Out: Delo 5w40, Wix 57082xp In: Magnatec 5w30, Driveworks DW5436
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Isuzu 3.5 V6 by supercity @ Today at 09:06 AM

A Friend bought a 2003 3.5L Rodeo. I has green coolant in it. Probably a Green HOAT as they are common here. I assume it should have Dexcool? Dexcool is not that easy to get and I'd prefer the longest life coolant possible so I'm thinking of going Pe
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Mirror Bright Polishing Wax by Vikas @ Today at 09:02 AM

Well, this is definitely your grandfather's wax!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Everyones Favorite 5w30 Dino And Why? by circuitsmith @ Today at 09:02 AM

My sig says it all. Currently holding a jug of MS5K from WallyMart for the next change.
Jump to new posts Re: What temp are various grades rated to? by Doublehaul @ Today at 08:58 AM

Awesome thx!
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: PF 63E, 2015 Chevy Silverado, 6,xxx miles CUT OPEN by sprite1741 @ Today at 08:53 AM

Lots of media. The only people that seem to be afraid of them are the ones that think end caps have to be metal. They don't. I have used the PF46E and it looked as good as yours.
Page 2 of 21 < 1 2 3 4 ... 20 21 >