11/23/17 09:19 AM
Warming up to Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart
by JohnnyJohnson
11/23/17 09:13 AM
Newest Members
deckm00, Cblove91, CarGuy99, bobcat, Skier
63481 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (1JZ_E46, Bandito440, bigj_16, ARB1977, Alex_V, 2015_PSD, 8 invisible), 1561 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
63481 Members
66 Forums
274227 Topics
4558282 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Vehicles
PT Barnum trying to distract stock holders, he should focus on producing the cars he promised.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: EPC code/illumination on New VW Jetta by Dorian @ Today at 04:42 PM

My cousins 01 Jetta 2.0 would have the EPC light on and you had seconds to pull over when you had power steering and assisted brakes. It would die quickly after. I would keep trying to have them look at it and find something. It clearly noticed somet
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Originally Posted By: eyeofthetigerOriginally Posted By: pbmI've always avoided 'stocking up' on these type chemicals because of concern that they would lose effectiveness over time. Can any of the more enlightened members tell me if this is a legit
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Danika loses ride, finally by billt460 @ Today at 04:38 PM

Originally Posted By: CarmudgeonI'm no Danica fan, but do you guys think she's any worse than the ride-buying field fillers that populate much of every Indy 500, of either gender? Would you prefer Milka Duno? Pippa Mann? The embarrassing Lazier effor
Jump to new posts Re: Bob Lutz Strikes Again and Again by Carmudgeon @ Today at 04:38 PM

I think he's too optimistic. Change will come, but not for a while, and it won't be complete; no one solution fits all scenarios. But, for those who question Lutz's credentials, do some homework. This piece wasn't penned by some tree-hugger enviro
Jump to new posts Re: Fumoto Thanksgiving Sale 20% Off by eyeofthetiger @ Today at 04:35 PM

The coupon code isn't working. Maybe it starts tomorrow ... ?
Originally Posted By: JohnnyJohnsonCastrol on sale at Walmart now for $19.98 Cheapest Iíve seen it in a while. Usually itís $22-23 on rollback.
Jump to new posts Re: Warming up to Pennzoil Ultra at Walmart by Bryanccfshr @ Today at 04:31 PM

Originally Posted By: PimTacOriginally Posted By: bigj_16I think you guys are missing the point. Ford alone is going sell 25% of vehicles for 2018 as DI. I read somewhere China this coming year will have 50% of all new sales as DI. The SN Plus/D1G2/G
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Grass Fed Ground Beef Anyone? by Reddy45 @ Today at 04:20 PM

Originally Posted By: DuffyjrMy dad was a butcher/meat cutter and he always aged what he brought home and it wasn't bright red like you see in the store, it takes on a much darker look to it. It's why I don't buy many steaks these days. I've also li
Jump to new posts Re: Bosch Creates iDisc Brake Rotors to reduce dust??? by Carmudgeon @ Today at 04:19 PM

One salient fact this article fails to mention is that these discs require special matching pads comparable in cost to those for carbon brake systems. And yes, the launch customer is Porsche, with the new Cayenne. The Jalopnik piece also goes int
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: '16 F150 2.7 Ecoboost by roadrunner1 @ Today at 04:17 PM

Originally Posted By: WhimseyJust curious, did you check the iOLM to see what % oil life was indicated at the 9190 miles. I'm betting that it was showing about 10% life left. The iOLM in our Explorer seems to drop 10% for every 1000 miles driven, no
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Not cleaning rimfires ? by Garak @ Today at 04:08 PM

At the farm, I never recall my dad ever cleaning any of the .22 rifles. He cleaned his hunting rifles religiously, but the .22 rifles never got touched. One was a single shot that was older than both of us put together, and the other was an entry l
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: New PP 5W30 DEXOS 1 Gen 2 by wemay @ Today at 04:07 PM

Good question but i haven't read anything showing this to be the case.
Engine Oil Filters
Never reused a premium,as the risk,the o ring seal on top of the filters,might fail,from re training it back into filter adapter. It's happened too me, once I remember, way back, 1995, 20 years old, putting a used fra m extraguard back on a 1985 isuz
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: 1998 Bayou 220 wont stay running by boraticus @ Today at 04:01 PM

i'd bypass the existing fuel system and hook up a line to the carburetor from an alternative fuel supply. I usually use a squeeze bottle with gasoline in it and four or five feet of fuel line. I suspend it higher than the carb to ensure gravity f
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Focus RS - Castrol 0W40 - 4,500 miles by Garak @ Today at 03:56 PM

I would gather not, at least the last time I checked it didn't meet it for the Mustang variants that called for 5w-50.
Jump to new posts Re: Fumoto Valve Interanls by Garak @ Today at 03:50 PM

I love them, too. It's quite handy for the G37. It was very handy for the Audi 200 as well. With that car, everything was right behind the bumper, would barely have to get underneath, flip a valve and spin the filter off and it was over. I'm mess
Jump to new posts Re: Top Gear take on Engine Oil / OCI's by Garak @ Today at 03:42 PM

Originally Posted By: weasleyWe're an odd bunch. We use miles for distance and litres for volume, but still measure fuel economy in miles per gallon. That does occasionally happen up here, but usually among the older crowd. They remember how many m
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil Delvac 5w40 - 10 Yr Engine Tear Down by Garak @ Today at 03:38 PM

Originally Posted By: dblshockany reason to believe the CK formula won't pan out better than CJ? have 4 gallons of the old in stock bought on A/R like $8 almost ideal motor oil for I.C. engines...hope to continue. Not at all. It does look, however,
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Hitch ball slides in and out. by BrocLuno @ Today at 03:38 PM

Drill them both out the next size up and use a Grade 8 Bolt and lock nut.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dowsing Rods? by Bandito440 @ Today at 03:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Dallas69If you saw it for yourself would you still say it's bunk? Not if I saw it in a controlled environment. Then, we could study why it happens. We canít though, because nobodyís ever been able to repeat it with controls.
Jump to new posts Re: High oil consumption with 60k miles by Garak @ Today at 03:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4Try a different oil. You're new so you probably don't know about all the complaints that M1 5W-30 gets. Merk, remember our chat about you being a respected member here and not trolling the new members?
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2017 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix by Garak @ Today at 03:28 PM

I like the track, too. This season flew by!
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 400,000 miles of Duramax Oil samples by dnewton3 @ Today at 03:17 PM

I can certainly give some "top level" viewpoint in regard to my comments. Just please realize that the world of statistical analysis (I do statistical process quality control for a living), is not something one will understand fully in a s
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Alternate to wix 57079? by wantboost @ Today at 03:04 PM

I 'll look up all the specs on the various brands u guyslisted ...thx
Page 2 of 23 < 1 2 3 4 ... 22 23 >