Like BITOG?

If you don't mind oil-related ads, and want to keep us running, whitelist BobisTheOilGuy in your ad blocker.

Thank you!

Recent Topics
Govt employee suffers brain injury in China
by Shannow
05/24/18 09:30 PM
:::Buy Or Pass (Used Auto Part)?
by NDL
05/24/18 09:05 PM
B12 Chemtool - Exhaust smell?
by Twisted1
05/24/18 08:50 PM
Do all oxygen sensors use the same size socket?
by JLawrence08648
05/24/18 08:47 PM
Discount Fleet Supply
by George1234
05/24/18 07:55 PM
Houses With Fire Hydrants In Front.
by George7941
05/24/18 07:46 PM
What about that Purflux media pleating design!!
by Hammehead
05/24/18 07:40 PM
Finally added oil temp and boost gauge
by VeryNoisyPoet
05/24/18 07:38 PM
Honda 1.5T and Long Drains
by The Critic
05/24/18 07:11 PM
I found this tidbit of car info and suggested oil
by Marco620
05/24/18 07:03 PM
API SN Plus = No more conventional oil?
by The Critic
05/24/18 06:49 PM
Super Tech synthetic again
by marine65
05/24/18 06:21 PM
SN Plus, these Mobil products meet it.
by wemay
05/24/18 06:21 PM
Oil for a 300ZX?
by Puckrobber
05/24/18 06:14 PM
Cars I Didn't Know Existed
by Warstud
05/24/18 05:54 PM
An update on my Ethanol experiment
by ARB1977
05/24/18 05:49 PM
TRD PTR43-00081 filter for 2018 Tundra worth it?
by 1JZ_E46
05/24/18 05:35 PM
Sold my first vehicle, felt like losing family
by 92saturnsl2
05/24/18 05:00 PM
Alternator Rebuilding.
by George7941
05/24/18 04:52 PM
Tapered bolt torque?
by dlundblad
05/24/18 04:40 PM
Newest Members
theAntihero, sprinks, Pakey, ftwhite, Archer_Driver
65086 Registered Users
Who's Online
80 registered (Artem, AVB, aquariuscsm, ammolab, andyd, 2015_PSD, 6 invisible), 1591 Guests and 37 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
65086 Members
67 Forums
284152 Topics
4742473 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Redline base oils by JAG @ 56 seconds ago

I strongly suspect that aniline point of a mixture of x% PAO or Group III , y% AN, and z% ester, with aniline points of a, b, and c, respectively would be approximately: x/100*a + y/100*b + z/100*b Of course x + y + z = 1 Plug values into the equatio
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Do you have jumper cables in your trunk/cab now? by VeryNoisyPoet @ 4 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: IndyIanHas anyone here actually messed up their car giving a boost to someone? I haven't or even know anyone who has had a problem. I triple check polarity and voltages before hooking up. I was nervous about jumping the mo
Jump to new posts Re: Honda 1.5T and Long Drains by dishdude @ 8 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: parshisaPlease stop this nonsense!!!!!!!! Perfectly fine engine and fuel dilution is managebale!!!!!! Owners are reporting oil level rising an inch on the dipstick!
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Is Motorcraft orange coolant really just Dexcool? by tblentrprz @ 9 minutes 21 seconds ago

I realize this is an old thread but... comparing MSDS for Motorcraft Orange and Dexcool, they are NOT the same. Motorcraft does NOT list 2eha. Why is that? Side note... Prestone Dexcool and Havoline Dexcool each list a different CAS Number for 2eh
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Acura TLX 2.4L, 4,441 Miles Idemitsu Zepro by Artem @ 10 minutes 6 seconds ago

Oil change making car faster Not sure what some of you are yappin' about. It's been proven that fresh oil performs better then old oil. Just because you can't feel a 5hp increase with your old poorly calibrated butt dyno, doesn't mean someone else
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for a 300ZX? by NormanBuntz @ 10 minutes 10 seconds ago

I'd use 10w-30 for two reasons: 1. That's what the manual calls for. 2. It's cheaper than 5w-30 at many retailers.
Jump to new posts Re: Super Tech synthetic again by FermeLaPorte @ 10 minutes 35 seconds ago

Shoulda bought Mobil 1
Jump to new posts Re: API SN Plus = No more conventional oil? by wemay @ 16 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: The CriticOriginally Posted By: PimTacValvoline is already SN+. Only the durablend and the full synthetic oils. Maxlife and conventional do not meet SN Plus. Even VDP(vwb) meets SN Plus...
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Using a FL-500S in place of a FL-820S? by jongies3 @ 17 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSixOriginally Posted By: sw99I have heard that the FL820s has a 16 psi bypass and the FL500s is 8 psi. Not sure if that is still the case or not. Back on topic. I dug up this old thread, and there is text from an email f
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Generator break in iGen2200 Westinghouse by dave123 @ 17 minutes 50 seconds ago

Filled generator with provide oil sent along from mfg filled with VPracing SEF 2 pulls wow right to eco mode really quiet. 1400 watt heat gun on and off for 30min loaded it hard never tripped. Drained oil glitter everywhere fill with Amsoil Small eng
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: The Jetta will be making a trip to the dealer... by gregk24 @ 23 minutes 38 seconds ago

Of course it has been behaving fine 90% of the time since it was acting up the other day. So the dealer may not find anything.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What about that Purflux media pleating design!! by 2015_PSD @ 24 minutes 42 seconds ago

OEM for Mercedes Benz. Very well constructed and durable.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: do the clay towels remove sealant/wax when used? by FastEddie @ 24 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gallydifId be nervous about using clay towels. In real clay the dirt embeds itself into the clay. Where does the dirt go in synthetic clay? I have used almost exclusively a clay towel on the last couple of hundred cars I have d
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Harbor Freight "misrepresentation" of sorts by OilFilters @ 25 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KD0AXSI don't mind this at HF. I know if I go to HF I'm getting cheap Chinese garbage for the most part. What bothers me is when you go to spend good money on what should be a quality product made in the USA, and find out it's s
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Please tell us your DA polisher tips by FastEddie @ 27 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001Originally Posted By: FastEddieOriginally Posted By: rooflessVWDo you care to share where you saw people having issues with Griot's honoring their warranty? I can find no such examples, only glowing reviews of thei
Jump to new posts Re: Cars I Didn't Know Existed by Number_35 @ 29 minutes 40 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: laserred96gtCome on man, Aspen and Envoys are all over the place. I was surprised to see both names recycled; the Envoy Epic (a.k.a. Epidemic) was a very unreliable (in this climate) British car sold by Chevy dealers in Canada
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Need a new rotary buffer by FastEddie @ 30 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HYUNDAIFAN0001Originally Posted By: FastEddieI beat the heck out of my Flex PE14, from boats to what it is mainly used for, compounding and polishing for auto restoration shops. It is one heck of a workhorse for me. Based on th
Jump to new posts Re: :::Buy Or Pass (Used Auto Part)? by JustinH @ 32 minutes 50 seconds ago

all the ford columns I have seen look like that. They all have surface rust from moisture in the air.
Jump to new posts Re: Sold my first vehicle, felt like losing family by gregk24 @ 33 minutes 24 seconds ago

Yes, I was pretty sad when I sold my 2006 Accord. Still miss it and my first car, a 1996 Accord.
Automotive Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Battery life by SJUMBA @ 40 minutes 48 seconds ago

I replaced my original equipment battery on my 2011 Kia Sportage this week. It had 120,000 miles on it and was still working fine. I was a little nervous about it because I will be doing quite a bit of travel this summer. Not worth the anxiety of it
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Govt employee suffers brain injury in China by Shannow @ 41 minutes 40 seconds ago

http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/us-gov...14c8a0627e94bb9 Same as the Cuba issues.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Houses With Fire Hydrants In Front. by Shannow @ 42 minutes 25 seconds ago

What's so hard about not parking in front of a hydrant, for a second, minute, one minute and 3 seconds, or whatever "short" period you justify to yourself is acceptable ? Guy blows through a stop sign, and gets pulled over. Explains to the
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Do all oxygen sensors use the same size socket? by Billbert @ 42 minutes 29 seconds ago

Yes 👍
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Tried NuFinish Today ... by HYUNDAIFAN0001 @ 45 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverOriginally Posted By: EddieWhere can I buy FINISH KARE? Ed www.autogeek.net also carries their product. Today only free shipping and 20% off. Code is PMD20 for the discount. With their 20% off at AutoGeeks...the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I found this tidbit of car info and suggested oil by Artem @ 47 minutes 9 seconds ago

180k my aunt fanny! There was a guy YEARS AGO using his Civic for deliveries and had like 600k on the original drivetrain.
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 ... 24 25 >