Recent Topics
Xmas laser decorations and Airport flight paths
by wrcsixeight
12/10/16 03:47 AM
Are extended ocis bad for engine performance?
by CharlieBauer
12/10/16 02:49 AM
70 years since Operation HighJump
by Shannow
12/10/16 02:28 AM
High Mileage Oil question
by Oilied
12/09/16 10:57 PM
FRAM CA9564 fits 4-cyl Hondas $4.65 RockAuto
by wgtoys
12/09/16 10:32 PM
Amsoil Dual Remote with MotorGuard
by A310
12/09/16 09:32 PM
Wood finish question
by dja4260
12/09/16 09:17 PM
World Amazing Modern Agriculture Equipment
by friendly_jacek
12/09/16 08:25 PM
JEEP WINDOWS NOT WORKING
by taztheman
12/09/16 07:32 PM
Truck pulling
by car51
12/09/16 07:02 PM
Mobil 1 in for 1 year, 2 months, change or not?
by NH73
12/09/16 06:22 PM
Added To The Stash Today
by Red91
12/09/16 06:05 PM
Newest Members
StayinGreazy, DannyMK2, bb37, hunter8793, GodSilla
59826 Registered Users
Who's Online
14 registered (bbhero, BrocLuno, DeanLutz72, mjoekingz28, PurpleT, AMC, 1 invisible), 505 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59826 Members
66 Forums
258072 Topics
4246501 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Are extended ocis bad for engine performance? by mjoekingz28 @ 1 minute 6 seconds ago

I couldnt even watch a minute of that video. But to your question, In this day in age, many thing seem to last longer all the while requiring less care. After lots of overmaintaining my equipment, I have finally relaxed a little and find you shoul
Jump to new posts Re: 2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Oil Consumption by rooflessVW @ 11 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dilberto88Did OCI with Castrol Edge 0W-40. The startup puffs of smoke went way down, with the new fill. The old oil is being sent to Blackstone as I write this... Glad to hear your consumption has been reduced. After some time
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Most efficient filter for Impreza by Unicorn01 @ 17 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 901MemphisOriginally Posted By: horse123Originally Posted By: 901MemphisThis thread is confusing. The OP is talking about K&N oil filters letting dirt through but I think he's confused on what he read about K&N air fil
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Delivery Going To Be Late by Rick in PA @ 36 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ecotouristIt's easy to say "dumb drivers" but if the same thing keeps happening over and over again - and it obviously does, mightn't the situation be the problem. I'd like to see a warning bar, vehicle height activate
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 70 years since Operation HighJump by Shannow @ 37 minutes 45 seconds ago

Was sort of discussing that with a co-worker the other day. With what you can find on the internet, and a few afternoons, you can grind lenses and make a telescope, for a relatively few dollars can redo the michelson morley experiment, probably to a
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Xmas laser decorations and Airport flight paths by wrcsixeight @ 56 minutes 31 seconds ago

I noticed these are very popular this year, and many are aimed shooting well past the house's roof or off into the trees intentionally. A few google hits from 2015 with Xmas lasers and pilots as search terms, but none (so far) this year. Do the pa
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: O'Reilly Auto Parts Cash CountDown $5 off $10 by pda1122 @ 56 minutes 50 seconds ago

Do you need to print out the coupon or can you just show it on your phone? It says coupon must be turned over once used Going to buy some Mobil 1 syn 75-90 gear lube $12.99 -$5 = $7.99. Not too bad
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: New Russian ICBM by Jetronic @ Today at 03:30 AM

Originally Posted By: NickdfreshOriginally Posted By: Jetronic But WW2 was really regarded as part 2 of the first great war by the Germans. Uh, meh, I think that's a bit of a broad brush... Not really. That was the general feeling in Germany
General and Off Topic
Another with brain freeze. Apparently the cold doesn't only affect the roads...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Utility Dive Awards by Shannow @ Today at 03:11 AM

and how does it get to your neighbour's meter, without you owning the extension lead ???
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: 2011 Acura Mdx Rear Diff fluids by artbuc @ Today at 02:51 AM

Originally Posted By: BrollyAcura from what I understand has fluid for the transmission and a fluid for the rear diff. Just wondering if there was something else others have tried. Bad idea. Use only approved Acura DPSF all wheel drive fluid in re
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: ATs and mountain(downhill) by Jetronic @ Today at 02:47 AM

Originally Posted By: edyvwHere in the Rockies I always downshift. Like you said the ROckies are completely different game. Tiguan is good in going downhill in lower geas, but BMW since it is diesel is the beast going uphill or downhill. Going downhi
Jump to new posts Re: Best start in cold: M1-EP 5-20 or 5-30? by SR5 @ Today at 02:45 AM

Originally Posted By: SR5Cold Pour Points and hot HTHS M1 5W20 EP, PP = -42C, HTHS = 2.75 cP M1 5W30 EP, PP = -40C, HTHS = 3.0 cP M1 5W20 Regular, PP = -43C, HTHS = 2.75 cP M1 5W30 Regular, PP = -42C, HTHS = 3.1 cP So the 5W20 is always a little
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: use Shell Helix Ultra 5w-40 in diesel engine? by Jetronic @ Today at 02:34 AM

70k km on my car for the fuel filter change, but I'm 80k on the original. Im not changing it yet, still make all the fuel pressure I need.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Goodbye car; Hello phone as Favorite toy by CharlieBauer @ Today at 02:22 AM

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspMillenials are fulfilling the Boomer environmental ideal of ride-sharing and public transportation, and the older generations couldn't be more angry about it. Millenials are taking well to Baby Boomer inventions (comp
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Didn't Even Know These Existed (VW Passat) by rooflessVW @ Today at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: BlokeyOriginally Posted By: rooflessVW Can you show me a DOHC V8 timing chain system you would consider "good?" I submit the Ford Coyote V8 is about as simple a DOHC V8 timing chain system as you can get: It's sti
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: WeatherTech quality? by Chris B. @ Today at 02:16 AM

tag
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: RX300 PS fluid - any dexron III is ok? by Garak @ Today at 02:01 AM

Sometimes, watch for specials at Partsource or Canadian Tire, even Napa Canada. Our Walmarts don't seem to do a lot of transmission fluid specials. Of course, one can buy Tune It! ATF in 5 gallon pails there at a good price, it's just not very conv
Jump to new posts Re: GM's new 9 speed 9T50 by TiredTrucker @ Today at 01:59 AM

I have no experience with a CVT in a vehicle. My only experience with a CVT was with my 2015 John Deere 825i Gator. I hated the way the CVT worked so bad I got rid of the UTV about 8 months after buying it. Based on that experience only, I don't w
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 in for 1 year, 2 months, change or not? by UltrafanUK @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: jarad248No oil can handle acid very well beyond 5000 miles. The best oil in the world is the Castrol Edge line. See my other posts for details.. Nay, Amsoil sayeth otherwise with their God writing upon the oily web site in t
Transmission Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil Dual Remote with MotorGuard by UltrafanUK @ Today at 01:40 AM

Originally Posted By: jarad248Man after my own heart, haha... kewl... Remember: Oil and oil filters are good for 5K miles max. all else is just hype. Purolator is probably the top shelf filter maker. Castrol edge is the best oil in the world nothi
Jump to new posts Re: High Mileage Oil question by UltrafanUK @ Today at 01:34 AM

Cost and the fact that there is no need for a cheap HM oil to have a real tough base stock, as they are not used for extended OCI's. A dripper or burner can sometimes do extended OCI's if the top up oil is significant enough to result in an effectiv
Jump to new posts Re: Added To The Stash Today by daves87rs @ Today at 01:33 AM

I remember that oil!!!
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 Super Conventional Oil by DoubleWasp @ Today at 01:17 AM

I ran it for almost 11k miles in my Navigator, towing boats, dragging out stuck forklifts, 90+mph on the highway, etc. TBN was still 1.8, and wear metals were below universal averages for half of the mileage. Stupendous oil.
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by DoubleWasp @ Today at 01:13 AM

Originally Posted By: robertcopeLSD doesn't always have a clutch. Many cars have mechanical units, usually Torsens. The downside to a Torsen is that both wheels have to have some traction for it to work; if you lift a wheel, it acts as an open diff.
Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 ... 22 23 >