by GimmeTorq
09/28/16 10:05 PM
Mobil 1 0W-40 Cleaning Ability
by njohnson
09/28/16 09:56 PM
10 yr old, $5,000 cars
by ET16
09/28/16 08:53 PM
What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on?
by JeepWJ19
09/28/16 08:29 PM
winter storage of multiple batteries
by bioburner
09/28/16 08:20 PM
Parallel LED strings on power supply
by JHZR2
09/28/16 08:16 PM
SUNL 49cc Scooter
by yeehaw1960
09/28/16 08:06 PM
Yamalube 4 Stroke Motor Oil
by ZeeOSix
09/28/16 08:00 PM
F1 - 2016 Malaysian Grand Prix
by gofast182
09/28/16 07:52 PM
Amazon, Motorcycle oil
by beanoil
09/28/16 07:32 PM
Ruger LC9 S Fails to Eject
by Al
09/28/16 07:22 PM
Newest Members
Bubba1947, climmie, Miatayoga, Jarhead74, spieler
59208 Registered Users
Who's Online
22 registered (Chewie, A310, bonami2, dino33, Axe Man, 2 invisible), 507 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59208 Members
66 Forums
255041 Topics
4189680 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Grease packet that comes with Honda OEM brake pads by artbuc @ 2 minutes 25 seconds ago

Have always had great results with SilGlyde on slide pins. Other special brake lube such as Permatex always dry out.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Need New Exhausr Flex Pipe by artbuc @ 5 minutes 42 seconds ago

Trav, I was able to easily remove upper clamp studs. One was long enough for vice grips. Was able to slot the other with a Dremel (using extension cable because not enough clearance for Dremel) and remove with screwdriver. Here is the joke. Studs wer
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on? by Ducked @ 15 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998 dawn to dusk light out back. Im not a paranoid person .. Even if you ARE a parenoid person, a dawn to dusk light seems...um...redundant.....unless in the land of Mordor, where the shadow lies.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Competitive friends drive trucks to 500k miles by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 02:22 AM

Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 10 yr old, $5,000 cars by mjoekingz28 @ Today at 02:17 AM

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtleOriginally Posted By: ET16I find cars in this range to be a great value. If they have been well maintained.... The problem with this should be, people who are driving 10year old cars that are worth $5k and actua
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: FOIA CIA doc on the U2, A12, and (RS) 71 by Shannow @ Today at 01:44 AM

Originally Posted By: ShannowOriginally Posted By: DuckedI just get an appraisal of the Balkans Crisis via the initial link? Yeah, It's not the original multi hundred page doc that I linked to. Found it again at a different link https://www.cia.g
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: H&K VP9? by Chris B. @ Today at 01:21 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14Originally Posted By: Chris B.I'm a firearms instructor and have extensive experience with the VP9 and all HK handguns. Skip it and get somethings else as they just are not a reliable platform. The cocking ears on the sli
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Best High Mileage 5w-30 oil? by BlueOvalFitter @ Today at 12:59 AM

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphiteMiles? I would just run a couple short OCi with aggressive oils like Castrol edge with syntec. You can just add some AC compressor oil (hydrocarbon Ester) and a couple tbsp kerosene or lamp oil to you fav oil. This
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: RedLine 5W30, 7k mi OCI, 42k mi by zeng @ Today at 12:52 AM

Ooops, apology for the dumb questions from me, as you have stated so in the opening thread. Wondering why is 2997 km(mile?) OCI so bad ? any problems ?
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0W-40 Cleaning Ability by david_ES2 @ Today at 12:36 AM

Varnish will never go away with just oil alone, trust me i tried...
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Is this normal? Wix 57356 by david_ES2 @ Today at 12:35 AM

Just buy a 51356,it used to be the part number for hondas for the longest, i never had a problem with the 4 hondas i maintain using that one, it has bigger oil inlet holes if that makes a difference.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to teach someone to drive stick... by Silk @ Today at 12:25 AM

Originally Posted By: bunnspecialI'm not familiar with the Morris Oxford, the Ambassador sure looks an awful lot like a Morris Minor(a car on my "want" list, even though I know they're small and slow). The MO Oxford looked like a big Mor
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 Suburban Z71 by krismoriah72 @ Today at 12:19 AM

Sold my 4 runner rims that i was going to use. I just ordered some Soft 8 black steels. I think it will be a nice tow rig once im done and for cheap. I cant find a decent sidebyside locally for under $10 grand... so theres some fun to be had with 1
Jump to new posts Re: The joys of owning a car with 200K miles by Chris B. @ Today at 12:19 AM

Originally Posted By: mclasserOriginally Posted By: Chris B.What engine and tranny does your Accord have? I have a 2012 EX-L V6 with 60,000 miles. I bought it new and it has been flawless. Hope to hit 300,000 miles as well. I've got the F23A4 4-bang
Jump to new posts Re: Does conventional oil protect better? by demarpaint @ Today at 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Nederlander75I few years back Buster posted commentary from Mobil regarding UOAs with them saying outright that metals in UOA were indicative of engine wear. This was presented by him at that time regarding the higher FE levels
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Ruger LC9 S Fails to Eject by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 11:57 PM

Probably just the ammo. Should eat any American made 115/124gr practice ammo like candy. If it does the same thing on UMC, WWB, Blazer brass it needs to go back to Ruger
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Amazon, Motorcycle oil by BrocLuno @ Yesterday at 11:52 PM

Bel-Ray is generally good stuff Just don't need 55 gallons ...
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Yamalube 4 Stroke Motor Oil by ZeeOSix @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: AnalyzerThe Yamalube brand is blended by Spectrum Corporation in Tennessee that was acquired by Phillips 66 in 2014 to break into the specialty lubricants sector. The All Purpose 10W40 & 20W50 is Group II/Group II plus, with
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: 40" Vizio Smart HDTV by punisher @ Yesterday at 11:39 PM

Have a 60" Vizio P series (2014 vintage), and the Smart features work fine. The Yahoo based app the older Vizios used for their interface is no longer used. Vizio went with the same code as the other generic stuff like Roku, and others, so sup
Jump to new posts Re: winter storage of multiple batteries by Johnny2Bad @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

I'd rather an arduino controlling a 3-to-8 [/quote] I love an Ardunio as much as the next guy, but you are suggesting a computer, regardless of how cheap and how easy to program, to replace perhaps three dollars worth of parts. The relays you need
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Trouble Ariens Deluxe 24 Snow Blower by BrianF @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

My LCT powered snow blower has a fill tube with no dipstick and an overflow port at the base of the crankcase. Takes about a quart I think...
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 F150 5.4 long crank time to start by punisher @ Yesterday at 11:01 PM

Leaking check valve is 95% certainty on that vehicle. Leaky injector could cause a few seconds of miss in the effected cylinder. Cycle your key to see if pressure builds accordingly. Fuel pump ck valves were almost always the cause of long crank t
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Acceptable coolant for newer Dodge/Chrysler produc by Rendezvous @ Yesterday at 10:59 PM

I have had the Peak Final Charge Global in my 13 Ram with the 6.7 for the past year without any issues.
Jump to new posts Re: Brands of fuel pumps.... by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 10:58 PM

Originally Posted By: gallydifSpectra Premium- I just replaced the OEM with this. So far so good. It's only been a few miles though. A friend who told me about the brand has 80k+ of problem free miles on his fuel pump Noticed that brand on amazon
Originally Posted By: MCompactOriginally Posted By: OldEuroCarLover Where do BMW recommend a 10w down to -22? The owner's manual I've read only states 5w30 and 5w40, without any temp chart. My 1995 3er's manual contains this chart: 10w40 r
Page 1 of 21 1 2 3 ... 20 21 >