by ZZman
02/20/18 07:51 AM
Used oil analisys on Volkswagen Sharan 2.0 170 HP
by JorgeMartins
02/20/18 06:25 AM
0.05 BAC
by bbhero
02/20/18 03:45 AM
Purpose of that metal screen behind brake discs ?
by Superflan
02/20/18 02:41 AM
Newest Members
Thunderbolt, ttang11, 2017Hatchback, dgoodhue, Canuckles
64237 Registered Users
Who's Online
100 registered (14Accent, 2015_PSD, Alfred_B, Al79, 69GTX, 13 invisible), 1826 Guests and 95 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
64237 Members
65 Forums
278431 Topics
4647045 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: VW 508 Spec-0w20 by edyvw @ 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BTLew81Picked up a new 2018 VW Tiguan with the Miller cycle 2.0T. Realized after looking at the manual that it specs VW508 oil, which is a 0w20. While Iíd prefer to use Castrol 0w40, Iím concerned about warranty. It says you can
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a new Impala after test driving 9 vehicles by morepwr @ 1 minute 13 seconds ago

Nice cars all around!
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: My Honda Accord...major blowby..or..? (vid inside) by SatinSilver @ 1 minute 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TurboTravisPCV system is working properly. Take a guess, if it's something I can look at without tearing it apart too much, I will. Let me guess it still has the original pcv valve in there but has been deemed ok because it sti
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Nissan Quest rust on rear hatch by KrisZ @ 1 minute 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SeaJayOriginally Posted By: KrisZMight be a repaint. I would inspect it for body damage and repair. He'll still have the rust after the inspection. I don't suspect he can get his money back if it did have body damage. It m
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Awkward family reunions ? by MotoTribologist @ 2 minutes 36 seconds ago

The "fake news" comment was meant to be a joke by the way....I saw it was wrong and then corrected. I am just amazed at just how wrong they got the story in the first place and how they could've possibly gathered that incorrect story line
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 0.05 BAC by dnewton3 @ 3 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jeepman3071Originally Posted By: Chris142I feel that it's a good idea. We are having too many people hurt or killed because of drunk drivers. We just had a members wife killed. One if my regular customers was hit and killed last
Jump to new posts Buying parts for your old car from the dealer by mclasser @ 10 minutes 39 seconds ago

It's always interesting buying parts for your old car from the dealer. I broke a plastic nipple off a part while replacing rotted vacuum lines on my Infiniti. The local dealer had the part in stock for a fair price so I headed over. The parts guy as
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: More Elec. Cap Failures by sleddriver @ 11 minutes 19 seconds ago

I've watched a many of W2AEW's videos. Great work & explanations. Wish I had more time to devote to playing with electronics like he does. I always enjoy it. Spent a few hrs yesterday picking out low-esr AEC's and a solid for my project. I have
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Why I hate having my car serviced by others by Trav @ 12 minutes 33 seconds ago

I gave up on chain stores except Napa, you get a good part today and tomorrow they changed suppliers and its garbage. Reman is out, they are junk unless you know small specialty rebuild shops. Napa at least give you the option many times in the quali
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Any BITOGers own a Toyota Venza? by Virtus_Probi @ 14 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: TMotoI bought a 2013 XLE V6 AWD with only 8,900 miles on it 14 months ago for the wife and she loves it. We've put about 15k miles on it since with no issues. It's her DD but we use it to haul the dogs and grandkids around and
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Premium Fuel in Cars That it is Recommended by A_A_G @ 17 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher[quote=Quattro Pete][quote=Gebo] People question why a 12 year old Camry is getting 93 octane at the Costco It's cheaper in the long run, and I can drive it the way I want to, without it sounding like a coffee ca
Jump to new posts Re: Favorite Small Block of all time?? by UncleDave @ 19 minutes 19 seconds ago

Small block 400. I can routinely get " about" 500 hp and 500 ft/lb of pump gas at reasonable price. UD
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: New Miata by Virtus_Probi @ 19 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PimTacBut,,,,, it is Fiat. They own AR. I'm just going to stop posting in this thread, put on a dunce cap, and sit in the corner for a while.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Doing? by pandus13 @ 22 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 02SEOriginally Posted By: 02SEWatching the blizzard outside. Contemplating going out to plow the driveway. Just came in from plowing the driveway, again. 59F here. And raining. May get freezing rain tonight..... Had to st
Technical and White Papers
Jump to new posts Re: Alkylated Naphthalenes by MolaKule @ 25 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 4WDOriginally Posted By: MolaKuleBTW, Alkylated Naphthalenes (AN's) do not provide any cost or tribological advantage over esters IMHO. Currently, they are almost as expensive as esters. The only advanatge of Alkylated Naphthal
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Washer/Dryer Recommendations by PandaBear @ 27 minutes 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Driz 4. Stacking requires a front loader washer right? From what Iíve heard they tend to have more problems, leaks ect..... Some small residence like one of my condo has only a small are
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Undercoating Gun by Trav @ 27 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: George7941Thanks, Trav. I just called Pro-tek. Price for the 7535-UG gun is $321.75. Price on the gun + 5 wands 7535-UGK is $598.49. Very expensive. https://www.pro-teksprayequipment.com/prod/293/kit-gun-rods.html I know you ha
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Happy National Pet Day by SatinSilver @ 28 minutes 11 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: Looking to buy a new car by dbias @ 37 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19Originally Posted By: pandus13Originally Posted By: JeepWJ19Price range is $15k max. Do you want space, reliability, visibility, vroom vroom? -VW Golf Sportwagen (Hecho en Mexico) -VW Passat (right from Chatanooga, TN)
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Finally got Linux Mint Downloaded by sleddriver @ 38 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Sierra048Sounds redundant but I can't tell everyone how much I appreciate your time in trying to help a computer moron like myself. I feel like I'm learning something here, I'm just not quite sure what.Take it easy on yourself t
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Countries with weapons from U.S. and Russia by PandaBear @ 39 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Astro14It's never that simple. Price is one component of purchase decisions for weapons. Performance specifications, life-cycle cost, political incentives, economic incentives, and perhaps a few things that I've not considered
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: AR-15 vs. M-16 Bolt Carrier Group ?? by 28oz @ 39 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatime....The additional mass slows cycling down, which allows the brass to contract..... Interesting. Was wondering what benefit a heavier BCG could provide. Then I got to wondering if this would apply to steel casings as
Heavy Equip. and Industrial Oils
Jump to new posts Kubota announces 1000 hour oil change by salesrep @ 40 minutes 33 seconds ago

1000 hour oil change
Engine Air Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Dusted - K&N on a Cummins ISX by Silk @ 43 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLAgain, the filter was installed by the guy that owned the truck, he's not in this thread, never has been. That's been stated several times now. Yes...? So he's the guy who oiled the dry filter ? You've told us this b
Engine Oil Bypass Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Have a look see ~ at this ``` by Reddy45 @ 43 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeEnglish translation of first post? He rigged up the TP filter with a paint tank and used the TP to filter some dirty oil. He forgot about it and left it alone. Daughter wanted to have the TP filter installed on her
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >