by DeafBrad
08/14/18 07:05 PM
6 qt of 5w2- Penzoil platinum for $12
by danez_yoda
08/14/18 06:43 PM
Tire Plug Experts Advice
by jrvn
08/14/18 06:41 PM
What insurance do you need to drive for Lyft/Uber?
by JimmyJohns
08/14/18 06:18 PM
Name a good alternative to Kendal GT1
by Vern_in_IL
08/14/18 05:23 PM
Any other car audio nuts here?
by cwilliamsws6
08/14/18 04:14 PM
Quaker State Advanced Durability Rollback at Wal Mart (CDN)
by irv
08/14/18 03:49 PM
Digital Valve Actuation
by Sluggo0018
08/14/18 02:31 PM
:::Why Ford Made An INCREDIBLE Blunder (RE 2019 Ford Ranger)
by NDL
08/14/18 02:29 PM
2 Minute EASY Headlight Restoration
by NHHEMI
08/14/18 01:57 PM
Is this wear on new rotors and pads normal?
by JimmyJohns
08/14/18 01:45 PM
Barn Find
by Snagglefoot
08/14/18 01:32 PM
Newest Members
dumasarok, amribakri, JimFisher, aerowill, bpp
65711 Registered Users
Who's Online
34 registered (Astro_Guy, bradepb, berlyn, 2015_PSD, Bambam, 4 invisible), 874 Guests and 38 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
65711 Members
67 Forums
288698 Topics
4815708 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What insurance do you need to drive for Lyft/Uber? by JC1 @ 6 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JimmyJohnsI've been thinking about driving for Lyft/Uber in WNY, since I have an 09 civic. I've come across a few posts and horror stories about people getting into accidents, and their insurance telling them to pound salt sinc
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: A lot of bubbles in oil? by FordCapriDriver @ 8 minutes 13 seconds ago

Nope, it was not overfilled, the engine holds 3.8 liters when poured in a new absolutely dry engine, i got 3.5 liters out, the oil was right at the full mark on the dipstick. As i said in the OP even the new oil i put in it a month ago and drained t
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Would you run this Fram FPS3600? by copcarguy @ 10 minutes 56 seconds ago

As an update, Motorking advised: "That is a plastisol glue used to seal the end plate. the filter is ok to use" Thanks for all the replies!
Jump to new posts Re: Does oil go bad? by Zee09 @ 17 minutes 45 seconds ago

If you need to cut it with a knife then it's bad Check as mentioned the API rating against your owners manual. Since your truck is older it should be fine.
Automotive Electrical
Jump to new posts Re: Automatic headlights not working after replacing bulbs by rooflessVW @ 25 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OlasAuto features encourage laziness. If they still work on the switch then turn them on/off as required. Ridiculous.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Kranky - HQ Holden at the Hoonigan garage... by Shannow @ 33 minutes 5 seconds ago

Jump to new posts Re: All things equal...Mobil 1 versus pennzoil by Ether @ 35 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GokhanOriginally Posted By: 2015_PSDWhere is the proof that Mobil oils are being made with GTL? Do you a statement or document from Mobil that validates this? GTL: DISTILLATES, HEAVY, C18-50 - BRANCHED, CYCLIC AND LINEAR -- CAS#
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for Cummins 8.3L Diesel Motor by Ifixyawata @ 36 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Balrog006Originally Posted By: batookThanks for the replies guys. It's a 99 Eldorado National Transmark 29RE made by Thor Industries. Used to be a Denver city bus. We got it in 2011 for $3500. What do you use it for? I seco
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts WEN 2800 power washer oil question by z71offroader83 @ 39 minutes 54 seconds ago

I own the following wen pressure washer Wen 2800 power washer The manual gives me a chart for help determining what viscosity oil to choose and seems to recommend 30w oil for a starting temp of 40 degrees F or higher but a sticker on the machine
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Discharge of Chapter 13 by Ifixyawata @ 47 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Mr NiceHow much student debt do you have ? Around $50k in Stafford Loans and another $30k in private loans. And, for the record, I'm not trying to evade my responsibilities, though I did make bad financial decisions earlier
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Tire Plug Experts Advice by Silverado12 @ 56 minutes 24 seconds ago

The only thing the rubber cement does is lube the plug going into the tire.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Wow--Pennzoil rebate in 22 days! by car51 @ Today at 04:47 AM

Originally Posted By: GonzJust got my rejection letter too. Their reason was duplicate submission even though I've never once in my life received a rebate check from Pennzoil or any other oil company. It's really frustrating because I bought the oi
Vehicles
Originally Posted By: CARJI built a XL, 4x4, crew cab, tow package, bedliner and locking diff and it was about $33k. I absolutely love the look of the XL with the steel wheels. i'm not a Ford fan, but I will watch with interest how these are receiv
Jump to new posts Re: Fluid Film Rustproofing Video by Char Baby @ Today at 04:43 AM

Thanks, excellent video. I watch Sweet Project Cars(SPC) now & again. South Main Auto(SMA) ERIC O, had his Toyota Tundra done professionally(KROWN) and has a video on this as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKmM5IByVCQ
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Barn Find by Lubener @ Today at 04:43 AM

Originally Posted By: BHopkinsTecumseh engines are built to be disposable. They are not built to be rebuilt. As boom10fful says, if the carb is bad, plan on just replacing it. Unless the cylinder is lined, all engines are disposable regardless of
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Back in the spin on game...questions by DuckRyder @ Today at 04:40 AM

I donít think that is a gap you are seeing in the picture. I will go look later though. I recall all of these being quite good. We used to see center tube alignment issues with the old Honeywells but they seem lots better lately. (incidentally though
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Cloyes timing sets any good? by dlundblad @ Today at 04:40 AM

I bought a Cloyes timing chain set (gears and chain) for my Jeep last fall. $80 and US made. So far, so good. I was very close to just buying Mopar, but a member here recommended them to me.
Aviation
Jump to new posts Re: New "Worlds Longest Airline Flight" by Olas @ Today at 04:16 AM

All these long duration flights make me think Concorde and other supersonic passenger liners should be reintroduced.
General and Off Topic
My dreams can be so detailed and vivid that I often mistake them for real life and talk to people about events that didn't actually happen in real life.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Pictures in folders by Triple_Se7en @ Today at 03:56 AM

Time to upgrade Mr. Bill.
Jump to new posts Re: Cars with busted ac by Olas @ Today at 03:50 AM

The humans ability to thermoregulate is partly attributable to their surface area : mass ratio.
Vehicles
They're starting to put these things into most everything they can. Now it's mostly compacts and small, lower horsepower vehicles. But you can bet they going to be in a lot of bigger cars in time to come. We'll see how they hold up to high mileage. A
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
There are a few VL's painted blue driving around NZ, they must be worth a fortune. Most started out with an RB20 under the bonnet.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Chalk it up to a K&N filter. I wouldn't run one in a very dusty environment. They just don't do as well as a good paper filter and as far as cleaning, you would be better off letting it load up with more dirt as it will filter better. Over cle
Jump to new posts Re: Digital Valve Actuation by Olas @ Today at 03:41 AM

Originally Posted By: KGMtechWhat could go wrong? The legendary expertise of Brits + Electricity, yeah that's going to be as reliable as any Lexus. I predict a rush of hasty ideas before the epoch of the internal combustion engine is supplanted by
Page 1 of 22 1 2 3 ... 21 22 >