by Zack_Grill
10/23/17 12:46 PM
She still lives! Expedition spotted...
by OVERKILL
10/23/17 12:44 PM
Walking Dead Season 8 Premeire - SlingTV Fail
by LoneRanger
10/23/17 12:23 PM
Quick question radiator d&f w/ pressurized tank.
by Sayjac
10/23/17 12:07 PM
My experience with Seafoam
by Kool1
10/23/17 12:03 PM
Acura Legend oil recommendation
by glmtd
10/23/17 11:58 AM
Acura Legend ATF recommendation
by glmtd
10/23/17 11:56 AM
California smog standards
by OneEyeJack
10/23/17 11:24 AM
winter rated vs snow tires
by Bronco1
10/23/17 11:17 AM
Stage 3 wrx oil recommendations
by 02s4audi
10/23/17 11:13 AM
adjusting unloader on a pressure washer?
by motor_oil_madman
10/23/17 10:56 AM
Any trade-offs Using Rotella T in a Gas Engine?
by LaszloToth
10/23/17 10:40 AM
AR-15 Optics
by john_pifer
10/23/17 08:12 AM
2017 F150 stx with 2.7 Ecoboost oil recommendation
by Wojo
10/23/17 07:38 AM
Is middle class really at least 6 figures?
by ZZman
10/23/17 07:12 AM
What all-seasons have the best winter traction??
by SOHCman
10/23/17 07:05 AM
Sta-Bil Rust Stopper?
by E365
10/22/17 11:43 PM
Old petrol engine car v newer Diesel, pollution?
by expat
10/22/17 11:38 PM
Should I Use Lubeguard Red when Trans Slips?
by Auae85
10/22/17 11:36 PM
Newest Members
Lee19890328, re5513, MAALI348, hellokitty, B3YOND
63191 Registered Users
Who's Online
87 registered (Astro_Guy, 86cutlass307, Andrei, ARCOgraphite, 2015_PSD, 9 invisible), 2707 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
63191 Members
66 Forums
272652 Topics
4527117 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: California smog standards by Nick1994 @ 1 minute 26 seconds ago

Good for them for at least trying to make the air cleaner. Iíd love to see some data that shows pollution levels for manufacturing a car, compared to pollution levels keeping an old car on the road.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Just picked up our 1st Subaru Impreza 2.5i by Nicasio @ 2 minutes 49 seconds ago

Yup. Itís whats on the paperwork. From what Iíve been reading a lot of Subarus have had head gasket issues/coolant consumption. Runs perfect at the moment. Iíll keep my fingers crossed
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Is middle class really at least 6 figures? by ZZman @ 3 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DBMaster I try not to pay too much attention to statistics that indicate wealth distribution is pretty much the most uneven that it's ever been in the U.S. Nothing short of a revolution (not necessarily a violent one) is goi
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: A different 6 vs 12 pt discussion by Merkava_4 @ 4 minutes 19 seconds ago

greasegunn, you are aware of modern off corner engagement, aren't you ?
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: She still lives! Expedition spotted... by Nick1994 @ 4 minutes 32 seconds ago

Itís always cool to see a previously owned car out and about. Last fall I saw my 97í Camry a few times on the same road, I recognized the cheap paint job, cracked front bumper, and rust in the LR wheel well (no rusty cars here). A couple years ag
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Stage 3 wrx oil recommendations by Planb @ 7 minutes 50 seconds ago

Noise? Like rod knock? Use whatever xw40 that is on sale... But, cut the filter and look for metal. My bet is that you will find some.
Jump to new posts Re: Fresh Motor, What Oil? by Bgallagher @ 11 minutes 15 seconds ago

ask the engine builder for their recommendation.
Jump to new posts Re: Name the car you wished you had bought but didn't by 02SE @ 12 minutes 32 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PimTacBack in the 80ís I was shopping for a small pickup. I test drove a Datsun with that two spark plugs per cylinder engine. It also had a turbo on it though I canít remember if that was from factory or not. Great running truc
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Laser Pumped Phosphor Headlights by DBMaster @ 14 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Garak...Now, everyone's headlights are faded to heck, and failures cost a fortune. Replacing the headlight assembly for my G37 would cost more than my F-150 is worth... I actually think this may be one of the reasons I keep se
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: How much money you comfortably spend on a veh? by OVERKILL @ 17 minutes 7 seconds ago

Significantly more than most in this thread apparently.....
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mahle vs Purolator in M276 Mercedes Engines by rollinpete @ 17 minutes 26 seconds ago

wow, expensive filter's...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Contests and sweepstakes.. no more. by y_p_w @ 27 minutes 25 seconds ago

The oddest one I remember was a printing error for a Kraft Singles contest where the grand prizes were supposed to be 4 Dodge Caravan minivans. But the printing error meant that thousands of the winning game pieces were printed. https://www.washing
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Brought home a free mower by ford46guy @ 28 minutes 33 seconds ago

Only issue are two plastic front axle clips. Cost $15 each and they have terrible reviews. I will rig something else up. I think wireties would be an improvement. What a joke for a $400 mower. A folding piece of cheap plastic that wraps around the a
Jump to new posts Re: Any trade-offs Using Rotella T in a Gas Engine? by ARCOgraphite @ 29 minutes 54 seconds ago

Never liked diesel oil in stead of a good passenger car 40. Never ran as good or as fast or as smooth. I have run mixed fleet 10w30 triple protect. it did fine as an amendment to keep the big V8 sized pistons in the EJ Subaru motors happy whe
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Can I delay this oil change up to say, 8500 miles? by yeti @ 32 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: LubenerThis has to be one of the dumbest questions I have seen in a while.... you must have not been on bitog for the last couple of years. relatively speaking,this is an intelligent question.
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2017 United States Grand Prix by billt460 @ 39 minutes 29 seconds ago

As many of you can tell from my past posts, I'm not a Charlie Whiting fan. And you can lay this whole Verstappen incident right at his doorstep. He is, after all, The Race Director. He needs to get off his decrepit old rear and DIRECT. And do so in a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wow, that's some view by JTK @ 39 minutes 31 seconds ago

Don't drink more than a sip of coffee before that climb! I get winded when I have to climb our distillation columns and our tallest are only in the 200ft range, with 8 landings or so (similar to below). Real scary when it's wet, windy and icy and
Jump to new posts Re: Sears 'auto memories'? by HosteenJorje @ 52 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HosteenJorjeSears has been on life support for years but our local Sears outlet does very well.Times change. I purchased tires, batteries, shocks and tools from Sears for many years but not so much the last thirty years. Times c
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Reliability Ratings Article by gofast182 @ 52 minutes 10 seconds ago

Modern CR reports are highly suspect to me. They used to peddle exclusively in reliability but their reviews lately are trying to be more like Car and Driver (and they don't do a great job of it). As for the survey data, it's such a slippery slope
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Quick question radiator d&f w/ pressurized tank. by Sayjac @ 53 minutes 52 seconds ago

Thanks Drew. Pulled the lower rad hose, poured out and tank just about empty empty. Too bad petcock didn't work, would have been less messy but that's ok. Really the Dex didn't look too bad so single d&f may be appropriate. Now just hope fill goe
Jump to new posts Re: Old petrol engine car v newer Diesel, pollution? by Lolvoguy @ 56 minutes 20 seconds ago

Tl; DR Originally Posted By: Ethan1So a 23yo gas vehicle produces more emissions than a modern diesel? Whodathunkit. thank you
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Acura Legend ATF recommendation by 86cutlass307 @ 56 minutes 37 seconds ago

Redline D4 will make your Honda/Acura very happy and unless you drive it extremely hard, allow you to push the drain and fill intervals. Redline is a little more expensive...especially in the case of a 3x drain and fill conversion, but worth it in m
Tires & Wheels
Originally Posted By: SOHCman More specifically, about $1000 total for a set of X-ice2 (they dont seem to have the 3 for my vehicle at TR) mounted on new downsize 16" steeles and delivered to my door which adds about $100 in shipping, not to men
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Originally Posted By: ZZmanLeases also allow people to drive cars they could never afford to actually purchase. Like the ridiculous price of pick up trucks. And your point is? What's wrong with this concept if you can afford the lease? Please el
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Duramax LMM Amsoil Premium Diesel Oil 5W40 by dnewton3 @ Today at 12:46 PM

The standard Dmax sump holds 10 quarts for an OCI. Where in the world are you getting an 80% increase??? How big of a BP system are you running? I am going to disagree with your assessment regarding the PAO/dino topic. I've got about 550
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >