Recent Topics
Want a good laugh? Auto Zone experience...
by sasilverbullet
02/25/17 12:06 PM
STP S 10060XL, 8,000 miles CUT OPEN
by car51
02/25/17 12:02 PM
Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic is back!
by boom10ful
02/25/17 11:57 AM
Residual Water
by JBinKC
02/25/17 11:27 AM
How do you keep bottom of mower deck clean?
by 2civics
02/25/17 10:17 AM
HM oil benefits if seals are new on old engine?
by nobb
02/25/17 10:01 AM
Tire question
by supton
02/25/17 09:42 AM
Napa Gold Filters Half Price Filter Sale GR, MI
by Toto
02/25/17 09:40 AM
Amsoil ASE Small Engine---VOA or zinc levels?
by lukejo
02/25/17 09:12 AM
Scooter Final Drive GL-3 80W-90
by GuyB
02/25/17 08:29 AM
recommend me a browser for older Mac OS 10.6
by berniedd
02/25/17 08:19 AM
Window Winder Won't
by Ducked
02/25/17 07:19 AM
Crazy iPhone 7 and 7+ listing eBay
by SkyActivG
02/25/17 06:46 AM
Castrol Oil Selector Addicted to Countries
by zoli
02/25/17 06:41 AM
Best Wax for 40-50$?
by Rolla07
02/25/17 03:38 AM
Specs Confusion
by Jeffrey
02/25/17 02:25 AM
(Aus) Repco 30% off Victoria
by dirtydannyd
02/25/17 12:05 AM
Penrite ATF LV for WS Toyota
by dirtydannyd
02/25/17 12:03 AM
3800 V6 Upper Intake Manifolds
by Merkava_4
02/24/17 11:07 PM
Castrol GTX Diesel 15W40 CJ-4 9.88/ Gal at walmart
by TerryE
02/24/17 10:40 PM
Newest Members
robjust, DGW44, thot1414, Crimson, JeffMeager
60640 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (2015_PSD, AandPDan, AIRJAC3, Alex_V, 9 invisible), 2342 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60640 Members
66 Forums
261544 Topics
4314956 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Kahr CW380 and S&W Bodyguard 380? by CT8 @ 3 minutes 29 seconds ago

I like the J frames for pocket holster carry. Much safer than semi autos in the pocked as to how the semis are designed
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Good Thing I Didn't Include The Back Label........ by jayg @ 4 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: kschachnCan you answer as to how you are testing the oil? I really want to know what tests you consider significant. I'm afraid he's going to just throw it in his C-Max and drive it for 10k miles, which according to the front
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: How do you keep bottom of mower deck clean? by JHZR2 @ 4 minutes 31 seconds ago

When possible, we avoid mowing wet grass. Usually its just the difference of a few hours or at wprst, a day or two. Every so often ill tilt the mower up, knock off as much as I can, spray with 6-56 or fluid film, and call it a day.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want a good laugh? Auto Zone experience... by beanoil @ 4 minutes 48 seconds ago

I've had one of those for many years. Simple design, haven't found a filter it would not get off. Won't put ANY of them on though. Works perfectly, just like designed. AutoStoners have their own special place in this world.
Jump to new posts Re: Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic is back! by Red91 @ 5 minutes 36 seconds ago

I didn't realize it ever went away. Its hard to find in my neck of the woods, but PSC has it.
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil ASE Small Engine---VOA or zinc levels? by Toto @ 5 minutes 47 seconds ago

Thanks I just knew others would help out! TOTO.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2007 Ford Fusion 200,000K evaluation by CT8 @ 6 minutes 19 seconds ago

Bottom line is that Tig properly maintained the car and has proved that proper maintenance pays.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP S 10060XL, 8,000 miles CUT OPEN by sir1900 @ 6 minutes 47 seconds ago

Loooks very impressive. I've got a 6607XL in my stash for a future OC. How was the ADBV? Thanks for the C&P!
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: J.D. Power 2017 Vehicle Dependability Study by doitmyself @ 8 minutes 15 seconds ago

One needs to dig much deeper than these oft irrelevant reviews. It is not unusual for a good model to exist in one of the "lowly" brands and a real stinker to exist in one of the highly touted brands. For instance, what good is it to be a
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Window Winder Won't by CT8 @ 12 minutes 53 seconds ago

I helped a friend restore a 66 GTO and we removed and cleaned and lube the regulators and a few months later bought new parts and replaced all the old parts.
Jump to new posts Re: HM oil benefits if seals are new on old engine? by CT8 @ 15 minutes 46 seconds ago

All oils have seal "swell or conditioners". If the oils specs seem to work for you use them. Will your engine last another 350,000KM? lets hope so.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol GTX Diesel 15W40 CJ-4 9.88/ Gal at walmart by CT8 @ 21 minutes 28 seconds ago

Castrol products are quality.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Center Console for the Caprice by mjoekingz28 @ 22 minutes 55 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: eljefinoThat looks rugged! I like the squared-off tranny tunnel look. Good eye. It looks like it could be functional. You could probably set stuff on it without it sliding around like on a rounded tunnel.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Neighbors garbage cans by opus1 @ 23 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Kawiguy454Why have the trash truck stop at every half full can? if more cans were full and less truck stops its just more efficient. Where are the whining carbon police on this notion? I put small stuff in my neighbors can many
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Residual Water by CT8 @ 23 minutes 55 seconds ago

Figure out how much the quantity of recommended coolant capacity is , for example 4 gallons to fill the engine radiator etc. 50/50 mix would 2 gallons 100% coolant and 2 gallons of distilled water. Start by adding 1 gallon of coolant ,1 gallon of wa
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: NASCAR Just Committed Suicide by billt460 @ 24 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: whipNASCAR committed suicide when they created the Chase. Every "fix" has made it worse. I haven't watched in a while. I watched the Camping World Truck Race last night. And between all of the different "Stages&
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: When did the US choose sulfur over sulphur ? by gman2304 @ 25 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gman2304 I'm fairly certain it was 1776....and then reaffirmed in 1812.... I thought that the first IC engine patent was around 1864... ^ I was referring to the British vs American spelling of sulfur vs sulphur, not the ti
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by Toto @ 26 minutes 14 seconds ago

It has its up side $50 oil, $10 20k filter, $60 total, maybe 2 less priced oil changes could be worked out but what's your time worth,1 less oil filter to recycle and handle, 5 qts less oil to recycle and handle, one less time to go pick up an oil ju
Jump to new posts Re: Thinking of buying this Cadet mower. Any thoughts? by Lubener @ 26 minutes 24 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2civicsOriginally Posted By: RamblejamWhat will you being doing with it? How much are you mowing/terrain? Great questions. Thanks I mow a quarter of an acre in a residential neighborhood on mostly flat terrain. Slope toward
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: recommend me a browser for older Mac OS 10.6 by Johnny2Bad @ 27 minutes 47 seconds ago

Turn off Java in the browser (JavaScript is OK, in fact you probably can't use the 'net without it). Place one machine in between all the others ... whether wireless or wired ... and make that your security sentinel. You have many options there, inc
Jump to new posts Re: Wrong Oil in Crankcase by JosephH1 @ 33 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Diesel16Originally Posted By: CT8There is so much misunderstanding about motor oil Agreed VERY helpful posts, thanks!
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: Ways to boost cell phone reception? by daves66nova @ 36 minutes 29 seconds ago

why not d/l "Whatsapp" app and use that to call,using the wifi in your house?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Scooter Final Drive GL-3 80W-90 by beanoil @ 36 minutes 43 seconds ago

Aprilia SportCity, basically the same scoot as you. Redline Shockproof Heavy. I have trouble believing your butt dyno can tell the difference between factory and AmSoil. If you want more performance, go for the 300cc big bore kit.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: New M1 filters at Walmart $10 and good for 20k by Toto @ 50 minutes 24 seconds ago

I was at my local Walmart yesterday but did not see any new Mobil1 oil filters but they have not carried them in years so maybe that trend will continue but they are cleaning up the filter shelf space (Bosch and Fram HM) so we will see what happens.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Specs Confusion by Y_K @ 51 minutes 43 seconds ago

Hot Red 2 would be my choice; both are high quality products.
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... 9 10 >