by Y_K
09/27/16 06:52 PM
2002 F150 5.4 long crank time to start
by blupupher
09/27/16 06:44 PM
Which brake pads for winter? - Cold & wet stops
by Bikeman
09/27/16 06:21 PM
Moderators: Why Was My Thread Shut Down?
by john_pifer
09/27/16 06:11 PM
Newest Members
JDMiller, 9009000, tsl1968, AlluD, BkOB
59201 Registered Users
Who's Online
103 registered (04SE, andrewlg, alphadog, 74DartSport, 901Memphis, ag_ghost, 9 invisible), 1864 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59201 Members
66 Forums
254996 Topics
4188717 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Lifter tap by Chevy538487 @ 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BrocLunoOK, you live in TX so you don't have to do Wisconsin winters Means you have time to play with this issue and you can try some alternatives. If it were me, I'd change it for Rotella T6 and WIX/Napa Gold filter. Add
Jump to new posts Re: Honda Pilot VCM Sludge by edyvw @ 2 minutes 54 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jaygYes and it must be long trips, not just idling. It needs a drivetrain load and water/oil temps up. Of course. For example most Euro cars who are designed for high speeds have slew of problems in the U.S. because of "so
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Escape high rpm? by Errtt @ 4 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: spasm3Were the spark plugs replaced recently? Thats where an intake leak could have formed. She says about 5 years or so ago the plugs were changed - no matter I'll have look into it. Thanks again.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Wasting money on premium gas by Garak @ 6 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Wolf359It's fairly smart because it's banking on how dumb people are. A higher octane grade isn't a higher grade of gasoline, has the same btu content of a lower grade. One could make the argument that a premium like V-Power NIT
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Had to have it, M&P Compact 22 by Errtt @ 6 minutes 56 seconds ago

Also have the 9mm Shield. I'd like to add that M&P Compact 22 but 22 ammo is limited here when any is on the shelf, but seems lately I go to the few places I hit the shelves are empty of 22LR. I have other 22s and plenty of 22LR and 22WMR ammo,
Jump to new posts Re: My BMW 335i F30 loves Redline 0w40 by Serge @ 8 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: edyvwOriginally Posted By: SergeI have owned a few BMWs and all ran oil temps in between 230-250 on the street. 250 is pushing it for alot of oils. This why a good oil like Redline is needed here. Pushing it? I do not understa
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: 2002 Buick Lesabre 172k miles, 7700 mile OCI by micmac @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

Since I have been changing the oil, I have been using PP. I believe a couple or three changes ago it got some Valvoline of some sort. I haven't noticed any coolant leaks, although there does seem to be a very slow oil leak judging from the undersid
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why Was My Thread Shut Down? by Ducked @ 9 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: spasm3I think they shut down threads that are starting to spiral in to gross negativity. EVERYTHING spirals in to gross negativity. Deny that, and you deny reality.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Getting out of a lease by Jarlaxle @ 10 minutes 19 seconds ago

She can't...even with the seat all the way up, she can just, just barely see over the dash. Seat swap is not an option: I think the car has side airbags.
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Alaska, the Land of Massive Headlight Glare? by Surestick @ 10 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: simple_giftsJust a reminder that in AK, moose collisions aren't like hitting a dairy cow. You have 700lb+ 5-6 feet on the tops of stilts. Hit one of those babies and it ends up in your lap. Those lights are obnoxious, agreed.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to teach someone to drive stick... by fdcg27 @ 11 minutes 40 seconds ago

I'd have to do some research on that, but the US would have been the only market with any potential for an automatic MG. The MGC was a pig of a car with that vast old iron six ruining the car's weight distribution, although the shell did at least hav
Jump to new posts Re: Everyones Favorite 5w30 Dino And Why? by gallydif @ 12 minutes 5 seconds ago

^ just keep doing what you're doing.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Stinky HEPA filter by bioburner @ 12 minutes 23 seconds ago

A tablespoon or so of bleach in enough water to cover the filter will help kill any bugs you got going. Soak, rinse and dry in the sun. I get some ugly things going in our wet dry vacs cleaning up after a couple dogs.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Drill/Driver by Errtt @ 17 minutes 4 seconds ago

Thinking the same - I have an older Craftsman C3 kit and batteries kaput now (short run times). I only need one on occasion but thinking of getting something with li-ion battery instead of the NiMh the C3 came with. Amazon recently had a Makita on a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Horizontally and vertically mounted oil filters? by UncleDave @ 17 minutes 22 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SayjacI prefer the stellar engineering of the Subaru filter vertical mounted thread end up application, encircled by the exhaust manifold. It seems that application mounting area is sometimes referred to as the "ring of fir
Jump to new posts Re: Which brake pads for winter? - Cold & wet stops by Garak @ 18 minutes 22 seconds ago

I wouldn't sweat the choice at all. In a Calgary winter, your brake pads are not going to be your weak link in how fast you can stop.
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil-1 high milage now going SN?? by freshcopedawg @ 18 minutes 49 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: busterGood. Few engines need SL levels of ZDP. While that's true I use the 10W30 on both mowers, pressure washer, tiller, etc. I bought a 5qt jug at Walmart a couple months ago that's SL. Having said all that there are many
Jump to new posts Re: GS300 2003 Motor Oil Recommendation by raytseng @ 21 minutes 5 seconds ago

well, go with whatever you want, because at 148k miles it's the rest of your car that is making more of a difference Analyze what you want for your OCI and your total cost of ownership over that OCI and what really is the difference that you are st
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing a battery by spasm3 @ 21 minutes 54 seconds ago

Higher CCA is not always better. If you have more CCA in the same size battery, the only way to do that is with more plates that are thinner. I think thinner plates don't last as long with shock , vibration sulfurization etc. I go for the biggest ph
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Quick Detailer by hummdrumm @ 22 minutes 24 seconds ago

Optimum Instant Detailer.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Brand Comparison between 5w-40 vs. 15w-40 by Rocdoc27 @ 22 minutes 29 seconds ago

For what it's worth, I use MC 10w30 and tow a 12k trailer and a 10k camper exclusively with my 6.7 F250. I've used it since 2005 in my previous 6.0s with no engine problems. The only reason I traded the last on for the 2014 was because with a growing
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New Pirellis by gregk24 @ 26 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: barkingspiderI think u made good choice w the Pirelli tires I hope so! I love them now, time will tell.
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Neglected car- Unknown oil '95 Caprice 5.7l LT1 by Ducked @ 27 minutes 9 seconds ago

To add to the coke-can-as-scraper thing: Plastic drinking straws are good for getting into corners, say along the side of the rocker pedestals. Available in a range of diameters, the end can be cut to various profiles, (an angle giving a point, like
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Adding drain plug to transmission pan by dlundblad @ 29 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: beanoilOriginally Posted By: Colt45wsIf you can have a nut welded in that might be better. I put one of those kits on a vehicle and it wouldnt stop leaking. Not enough that it needed top up but still made a mess of the underside
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Rotella 4 Gallons STARTING AT 13.99 at AutoZone by OilSwine @ 30 minutes 0 seconds ago

While we're dealing with bad info, TH, hve you followed up with your AZ manager about the end of quarter sale of all oil for $1.99? There are only three days left in the quarter, so it should be pretty soon, right?
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >