Recent Topics
Any experience with Toyo Open Country Q/T?
by spj
11/22/17 09:08 AM
Top off ATF
by ECUADOR4X4
11/22/17 08:53 AM
Canadian Tire Black Friday sale Nov 23-26 only
by sir1900
11/22/17 08:29 AM
What is this metal part?
by Kurtatron
11/22/17 08:14 AM
Second oil change UOA 2018 STI Castrol edge
by Spdfrk1990
11/22/17 07:34 AM
‘17 accord ex sedan winter tire
by 11crv
11/22/17 06:18 AM
Good Indy Shop in Washington D.C. area?
by cdm1993
11/22/17 05:27 AM
Honda CRV 100k too frequent synthetic change
by mi3grls
11/22/17 04:32 AM
Quaker State rebate denied on clearance AA QSUD
by FlyingVan
11/21/17 11:56 PM
What do you think of a 9 year old "new" vehicle?
by OneEyeJack
11/21/17 11:35 PM
truck fleet oil samples
by AndrewThomass
11/21/17 10:42 PM
David Cassidy passes away.
by PimTac
11/21/17 10:16 PM
using higher than minimum octane requirement OK?
by NissanMaxima
11/21/17 10:04 PM
10% off Black Friday Sale - Autopartsway (US/CDN)
by StevieC
11/21/17 09:51 PM
Samsung Galaxy "X" - Bendable!
by StevieC
11/21/17 08:57 PM
kelly tires
by ernied
11/21/17 08:41 PM
Uploading CD music to Google Play Music
by Donald
11/21/17 07:15 PM
How to drain 2016 Charger front differential?
by wwillson
11/21/17 07:11 PM
Amsoil 0W-20. 2016 Camry, 9200 miles
by mdv
11/21/17 07:05 PM
Liking E15
by DBMaster
11/21/17 06:35 PM
Newest Members
Endless34, nasazach, NoSp00ne, mi3grls, Volkan
63472 Registered Users
Who's Online
88 registered (1JZ_E46, Alfred_B, 28oz, Aichiguy, Andrei, Al, 5 invisible), 1911 Guests and 16 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
63472 Members
66 Forums
274146 Topics
4556773 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Subaru Timing Belts by zzyzzx @ 36 seconds ago

Obligatory:
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Originally Posted By: pantygnomeDoes this mean I shouldn't bother submitting for rebates on the $0.05/qt bottles that I got? If there are no price restictions on the terms of the rebate, you should be good to go (at least legally and theoretically
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What is this metal part? by sasilverbullet @ 1 minute 59 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: spasm3Looks like a guy wire strain. +1
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: David Cassidy passes away. by JLawrence08648 @ 2 minutes 50 seconds ago

Kidney and liver failure, caught only 3 times for dui dwi. Talented, supposedly nice guy but that's what drugs and being an alcoholic does to you.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Discount Tire Direct Thanksgiving Sale 11/20-11/27 by lairdwd @ 3 minutes 47 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogThe BITOG favorites RT43 and CS5 are now included in the rebate as well. Both considered "better", so the rebate is $75 Note that the CS3 is still NOT included Under what circumstances would you wa
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Twin Turbo 4cyl Engine for 2019 Silverado 1500? by SubLGT @ 3 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Cujet..The Ford 2.7 EB is an absolute pleasure to drive in the F150. It's also a fantastic performer, while returning excellent MPG. Better MPG in real world use, than other gas powered trucks. I see no reason why a properly tun
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Spinal alignment anyone? by Smokescreen @ 4 minutes 28 seconds ago

General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Lasik eye surgery, before & after results? by DBMaster @ 6 minutes 51 seconds ago

There are quite a few POTENTIAL side effects from LASIK. The percentage of people who have serious ones is quite small, but when multiplied by the number of people who've had it done there is a sizable community of unhappy campers. Here are a few s
Jump to new posts Re: The heaviest and lightiest oil u have used? by Ducked @ 7 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andydmy first car, a '53 Ford, paid 5$ for, came with 90 weight diff lube in the crankcase to keep the main bearings quiet. That could have been the same viscosity as an SAE40 engine oil, so not necessarily all that heavy
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: I Don't Always Eat Fast Food But When I Do . . . by Aichiguy @ 10 minutes 36 seconds ago

I like Chic-filet food. I love the respectful and competent servers there as well. I think it reflects the beliefs of the CEO. I really like 5 Guys too. It's hard to beat 2 Taco Bravo's, chips and salsa for under $5 on Thursday at Taco John's. .
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil dilution by bigj_16 @ 12 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: WyrTwister I grew up with cars with carbs . I hated the automatic chokes , always too much or not enough . And , often they would stick , not opening up all the way . After the engine had warmed up . 1989 Chevy Cava
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Carhartt Work Jackets by SubLGT @ 13 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SubLGT...Carharrt has a "flex" jacket also, costing $40 more than the Dickies: http://www.carhartt.com/products/carhartt-workwear/Full-Swing-Armstrong-Active-Jac-102360 Quote:Created using feedback from workers who w
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Uniroyal tiger paw gtz awful in the rain by Nick1994 @ 15 minutes 50 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ram_manSo I hear people either say Uniroyals are great or they are terrible? I'm not disputing it but what makes them junk? The people who usually say they’re great have always used cheapo tires, and are often putting them on a
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What's the Skinny on Modern FRAM Filters? by Woody71 @ 15 minutes 59 seconds ago

I used Fram in the 90s when I started changing my oil. I'd been using Purolator filters since 2012 and recently changed back to Fram simply because they're in stock where I get my oil (Walmart). I use TG with Pennzoil Platinum, 6K OCI.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: New tires best in front or rear? by gfh77665 @ 16 minutes 23 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CapriRacer Are you aware that the track (width between tires on the same axle) is different front to rear? I've tried to find vehicles where that was not true to no avail. Because of that, there isn't a path completely clear
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: First Class or Coach flyer? by CincyDavid @ 17 minutes 5 seconds ago

Honestly I haven't been on a dirty plane yet...I imagine vinyl seats, instead of the old cloth seats, probably helps with cleanliness. I was surprised that the Delta Connection/Endeavor Air CRJs I flew recently didn't have airsick bags in any of the
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Mix and send it? by Ducked @ 18 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2012AccentSEOriginally Posted By: DuckedWe had a post about an "oil extender" additive concentrate recently. Much howled derision from the LAUGH OUT LOUD CROWD, then more considered objections from the cognoscienti, th
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Camry hood strut failure while the hood is up by CincyDavid @ 22 minutes 0 seconds ago

At the moment, everything in my "fleet" uses a prop rod so I don't have to worry too much about falling hoods at the moment.
Jump to new posts Re: Ruined engine from neglect... by CincyDavid @ 26 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverOriginally Posted By: CincyDavidTheir daughter was the recipient of an older New Beetle with the 2.0L normally aspirated engine. She has been driving it for several months. Those cars can be a handful even when new
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 4.4 and 4.8 liter V8 engines of 2010+ vintage by pandus13 @ 28 minutes 18 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Mr NiceBuy an Accord or Camry for the same money. LOL! I'm waiting for the obligatory Crown Vic recommendation next. A Crown Vic isn't fancy enough for Alfred, h
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Second oil change UOA 2018 STI Castrol edge by FermeLaPorte @ 30 minutes 6 seconds ago

With Mobil 1 you can actually extended the oil change intervals to 5k or 7k
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: truck fleet oil samples by Rob_Roy @ 31 minutes 53 seconds ago

A spike in copper on a UOA does not necessarily mean there is a problem. It can be from the oil cooler, or a particle streak. I had some Schaeffer UOA's on John Deere engines come back with 300-400 ppm of copper. We found nothing wrong mechanicall
Jump to new posts Re: greasing leaf springs to prevent rust? by Ducked @ 36 minutes 6 seconds ago

That home-made wax chain lube recently posted might do too.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Wrong oil in engine by boraticus @ 38 minutes 27 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: PanzermanTwo Stroke oil is nothing more than 30 wt oil with dye and additives. Chances are you aren't going to hurt anything especially in a Briggs and Stratton. There is alot of people who run thier used oil in them and they la
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Top off ATF by Kira @ 40 minutes 7 seconds ago

Get the right stuff. How far away from civilization could you possibly be? How low could you be? Give your old Dex to a friend who can use it.
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >