Recent Topics
M1 HM Canadian Tire, M1, PYB, Regane
by Garak
09/30/16 02:59 AM
Ceramic pads optimal in -20 fahrenheit winter?
by Bikeman
09/30/16 01:02 AM
Can we now agree that Fram is the best?
by cheesepuffs
09/29/16 09:40 PM
Damaged Filters?
by dx92beater
09/29/16 09:37 PM
Math pros, please help me measure my consumption.
by dx92beater
09/29/16 09:22 PM
Advance Auto Parts 'Experts' Rant
by krismoriah72
09/29/16 08:52 PM
Walmart Canada QSGB $2.77 a quart
by Run
09/29/16 08:14 PM
Swepco MolyXP 75w90 Synthetic Gear Lube
by Hullthumper
09/29/16 08:09 PM
Brake Drums Warped Out of Box..Part 2
by CapitalTruck
09/29/16 07:52 PM
PF 63E, 2015 Chevy Silverado, 6,xxx miles CUT OPEN
by car51
09/29/16 07:22 PM
FRAM EXTRA GUARD 6607, 5,000 miles CUT OPEN
by car51
09/29/16 07:10 PM
governor stuck on carburetor?
by motor_oil_madman
09/29/16 06:14 PM
Newest Members
Wally3626, lancelot50, arthur88boston, cbuck, lwralaVTC92
59218 Registered Users
Who's Online
18 registered (doolah02, Black_Thunder, earlyre, bvance554, AnthemBassMan, 1 invisible), 778 Guests and 17 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59218 Members
66 Forums
255080 Topics
4190451 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: What's with this creepy clown phenomenon going on? by lucas01230 @ 2 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DuckedOriginally Posted By: lucas01230I'm going into the criminal justice career. Watch out. Next it may be Penguins. I'll keep my eyes peeled...
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts M1 HM Canadian Tire, M1, PYB, Regane by Garak @ 22 minutes 3 seconds ago

It seems the product is finally in Canada, at least at Canadian Tire. This upcoming week, starting Friday, it will be $33.79 for a 4.4 L jug. PYB will be $15.94 per 5 L jug. Assorted Regane products are also on sale. For Friday, Saturday, and Sun
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Using ATF to clean out sludged engine? by Garak @ 27 minutes 48 seconds ago

No, you're just being exceedingly obvious. If I figured it out, anyone can.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Ceramic pads optimal in -20 fahrenheit winter? by bvance554 @ 28 minutes 32 seconds ago

I think ceramic pads suck. They're great for clean wheels. I'll take any semi-metallic pad over a ceramic.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Can we now agree that Fram is the best? by Garak @ 29 minutes 31 seconds ago

I'm still not spooked about Wix. Further, up here, nothing with a Fram label on it beats the price I'm getting out of Baldwins from Acklands-Grainger, which is a very sad state of affairs, to say the least.
Jump to new posts Re: Windshield Wipers | Hybrid vs Beam style by Garak @ 32 minutes 53 seconds ago

I never tried Rain X wipers. I did Bosch Icons for the Audi, the G37, and the F-150. They were great for the last two only.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Advance Auto Parts 'Experts' Rant by Mr Nice @ 33 minutes 15 seconds ago

Turnover is so high in retail don't expect a knowledgeable person.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Does conventional oil protect better? by Garak @ 36 minutes 12 seconds ago

And it's been mentioned time and time again by people who are experts here in analysing UOA results that one cannot be jumping from chemistry to chemistry, brand to brand, viscosity to viscosity, and hope to get anything useful to quantify "wear
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Motorcraft FL402 Cut Open by gallydif @ 47 minutes 42 seconds ago

Bump. This is the only thread I could find on the fl402. Has anyone used this? Any updates? Still made by tearolator? It fits my cars and I found it on sale.
Originally Posted By: bvance554Are you going to put on summer pads in a few months? Hahaha, that's funny. I know whatever I buy will be sufficient for the summers here, and my driving style by default. I am actually surprised that the pads that it
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for 8.1 Vortec in 12 ton Motorhome by c502cid @ Today at 02:09 AM

8.1 is not picky on oil nor have any of the past 2 and current 8.1 I've had used oil. I've run mostly 15w-40 in summer, and 5w-40 in winter, although I've run 5w-30, 10w-30, conventional and synthetic and different brands.. It really hasn't mattered.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Swepco MolyXP 75w90 Synthetic Gear Lube by zeng @ Today at 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: HullthumperConsidering using it in a Nissan with a C200 differential. Swepco MolyXP 75w90 Synthetic Gear Lube Specs: Typical Physical Characteristics SWEPCO 202 is a multi-grade product that has the viscosity of an SAE 75w (ISO
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Mazda 5, reliable? by hr1940 @ Today at 02:03 AM

My Mazda is a 2000 626 and so far I have not had a problem just normal things. I have the oil changed every 5000 miles and I use synthetic and a wix filter. When they change the oil they check all fluids and belts. It is easy to drive and reliable
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 3 series reliability? by bvance554 @ Today at 01:50 AM

Originally Posted By: JimzzNot only are there more issues on average they are more costly and some require special tools on top of that. If you want reliability do not buy a used European car. And only buy new with the intention to sell before the
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Inconsiderate people.... by bvance554 @ Today at 01:37 AM

Originally Posted By: JarlaxleOriginally Posted By: grampiOriginally Posted By: AlOriginally Posted By: grampi Someone was stupid enough to park that close to me one time with a fairly new Honda. My car at the time was an old beater 1970 Nova, and I
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Aircraft Carriers by CharlieBauer @ Today at 01:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14In our history as a nation, we have never spent this little, as a percentage of either budget, or GDP, on defense. Defense spending is at its lowest point in our history...this is a fact, not an invitation for political a
Jump to new posts Re: debris in drained oil, how bad is this? (pics) by SonofJoe @ Today at 01:36 AM

Looks to me like silicone antifoam that has agglomerated and come out of solution.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Yamalube 4 Stroke Motor Oil by ZeeOSix @ Today at 01:28 AM

Originally Posted By: AnalyzerI'm trying to get their beta ratio at some point as I hope they have a higher efficiency than what the Toyota OEM filters received from Amsoil's OEM filter comparison of 51% at 20 microns (which is of course open for dis
I buy the Toyota refills for the rear wiper and new aftermarket wipers for the windshield wipers. I use Bosch icon but the trico should be fine.
Jump to new posts Re: The joys of owning a car with 200K miles by Bikeman @ Today at 01:15 AM

On the positive side, it's payed off and maint is cheaper than monthly payments.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chevrolet Spark by SR20DE @ Today at 12:54 AM

Originally Posted By: dlayman The Fit? No way. My wife has one. It's not fun to drive. Its slow, rides harshly,is noisy, and handling is numb. Front row seating is extremely cramped. I've lost count of how many recalls. Hmm, we had a 2011 Fit
Jump to new posts Re: Brake Drums Warped Out of Box..Part 2 by KingCake @ Today at 12:52 AM

Originally Posted By: oilboy123 I bought a second set of rear rotors for my car and they are warped as well. Not rocket science to get this stuff right..... but you would think it was. Or is it apathy.........? With rotors you need to measure runou
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Damaged Filters? by SirTanon @ Today at 12:51 AM

I'd question how tight you're actually installing those filters to have to remove them using that wrench. I've been doing my own oil/filter on my cars, including my current 2010 Fusion, myself.. and I always hand-tighten the filter. Next Oil/Filter
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by bubbatime @ Today at 12:48 AM

When my mom divorced my step-dad and became single, I bought her a Glock 19. When my girlfriend (married and now my wife) moved 200 miles away for a job promotion, I bought her a Glock 19. When I worked in law enforcement and had to buy my own gun, I
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Oil ? by deven @ Today at 12:41 AM

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998Originally Posted By: devenRoyal Purple XPR 5w30. I settle for Royal Purple HPS 5w30. Cheapest I can find XPR is $16. 5 qrt hmx on amazon now for 37.91 , free ship, no tax. I just got some Great oil and i
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 >