Recent Topics
Mixing old Mobil 0w-40 with new version.
by Crobinson16
Today at 12:50 PM
How long should wheels stay balanced?
by Klutch9
Today at 12:47 PM
BMW's and concrete don't mix...
by mattwithcats
Today at 12:27 PM
The day you buy it & the day you sell it...
by mrsilv04
Today at 12:17 PM
New to me 2008 Passat TSI 2.0
by 79sunrunner
Today at 12:09 PM
Is any full synth better than any synth blend?
by frule
Today at 11:55 AM
Oil Change interval-mileage versus months?
by frule
Today at 11:49 AM
Any thoughts to a mobile app?
by mightymousetech
Today at 10:57 AM
No diesel in the Traverse yet
by Iowegian
Today at 10:42 AM
"Prolong" review.
by BenzFella
Today at 10:40 AM
malware software?
by Eddie
Today at 08:39 AM
Using up my QS Defy 10W-30 "SL" oil
by novadude
Today at 08:17 AM
anyone use or hear of triax oil?
by fireman1073
Today at 07:40 AM
Oil Filter Wrenches ??
by billt460
Today at 07:31 AM
Oil Spec Bible
by NGRhodes
Today at 06:58 AM
Generator outlet
by Donald
Today at 06:47 AM
Ford Fusion Semi-Automatic Transmission - Dual Clu
by WyrTwister
Today at 06:25 AM
Shell Helix 20W50 and 0W20 sale in Oz
by SR5
Today at 03:41 AM
Oil recommendations for 2006 fz1
by 02s4audi
Today at 12:18 AM
Liqui Moly MoS2 #2009 and LM Truck Series MoS2
by Johnny248
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Newest Members
NEO25DET, AlwaysACarThing, zai, Dislocated_Local, Megared
61930 Registered Users
Who's Online
79 registered (Alfred_B, 28oz, 55Test, Andy636, andrebrito88, 8 invisible), 2116 Guests and 30 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61930 Members
66 Forums
266928 Topics
4414618 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: More road rage idiots by aquariuscsm @ 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 02SEOriginally Posted By: aquariuscsmMy take is that we don't know the car driver's intentions. What if a wasp flew in and stung him,causing him to jerk the wheel? I still say from watching the video it looks like the kick to th
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Dexron-VI not licensed midwest by benjy @ 3 minutes 55 seconds ago

looked for ATF dex6 last week before researching here, girlfriend got 6 qts of the supertech today, gallons gone as qts were almost too. got the stuff for $4.27 Walmart # 004214534 listed on walmart.com, it is what is + its going in her 13 malibu wit
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2001 Nissan Altima 2.4L Plan of Attack by 28oz @ 5 minutes 44 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: nthachFor the EVAP system, not everyone has access to a smoke generator - my thought would be to somehow lightly pressurize the system (OEM specs no more than 1psi for testing) at the service port and listen for leaks. Are you a
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: ZL1 1LE runs record lap by userfriendly @ 5 minutes 51 seconds ago

My take? I don't think the Corvette can get enough air through the front for engine and brake cooling. The Camaro is not a "bottom breather" and has more frontal area than the vette. The test tracks are not high enough speed for Corvetts t
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Best 5W50 oil for Tuff Torque K46 transaxle? by jeepman3071 @ 8 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8 Yes. I remember being a bit nervous about all the racket when my mower was new! Getting up near 200 hours now, so I'll probably drop the oil out again and use M1 15W-50 again. I'm hoping this transaxle behaves like mo
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: "Prolong" review. by 28oz @ 9 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BenzFellaProlong did not pay me a dime unfortunately. A friend of mine got it from AutoZone on BOGO deal. Gave me the free bottle to try. Results speak for themselves. Those who hate the product - never tried it and go by their
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Is any full synth better than any synth blend? by frule @ 11 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavantRight now you can get Castrol Magnatec for the same price as ST oil at Walmart and other places. I'd pick a price point like $18-$20 a 5qt. jug and just get what you can get. I'd always go with Magnatec at that price
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: BMW's and concrete don't mix... by aquariuscsm @ 12 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: sleddriverOriginally Posted By: CT8Was the Woman blond? Nope Definitely NOT blonde.... Haha!! :p
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for rebuilt Kohler K301 by jeepman3071 @ 12 minutes 45 seconds ago

Pretty new engine parts! I'd use Rotella T 10w30 or T5 10w30.
Jump to new posts Re: 20" Gas lawn mower runs for 20 min - stalls out by jeepman3071 @ 17 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 69GTXOriginally Posted By: wayne50I second ammolab and that's the easiest to check first anyway. When it stopped yesterday after running for 20 minutes, I checked the fuel level. It was fine. That should have relieved the bu
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: No diesel in the Traverse yet by itguy08 @ 19 minutes 42 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverOriginally Posted By: kschachnOriginally Posted By: SatinSilverNot to mention the $43 in tolls I paid in Pennsylvania (round trip) on their turnpike. Going from Ohio to the Wash DC area. Whew! But at least you get
Jump to new posts Re: BMW Rough Idle after Italian Tuneup by jeepman3071 @ 21 minutes 3 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: antonmnsterThe charge pipe is the second most annoying thing on my n54; the way it rests in the fan housing is really weird and difficult to get right. (The screw holding the transmission thermostat to the radiator is easily th
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Oil recommendations for 2006 fz1 by Reddy45 @ 22 minutes 19 seconds ago

Most wet clutch bikes (except Goldwings and some others) tend to 'shred' oil by reducing its viscosity numbers with use. So a 40 weight oil may end up 30 or 20 by the time you do an oil change at 2k or 3k miles. Some oils shred sooner than others..
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Filter Wrenches ?? by Olas @ 23 minutes 14 seconds ago

I'm currently using a filter with an end that can be spun off using a screwdriver, spanner or any other flat ish edge. Never needed to use it though, oil the gasket and HAND tighten and it will come off by hand. The last resort is the screwdriver me
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: How long should wheels stay balanced? by jeepman3071 @ 23 minutes 40 seconds ago

I find the sticky weights that go on the inside of the rim fall off a lot more frequently. They do look better on aluminum wheels though.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Losing a parent by AZjeff @ 24 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: doitmyself I wonder if professional grief counseling is effective?? Can anyone here share their experience going this route? After we lost our son we went to professional counseling, joined a faith based grief group, re
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: The day you buy it & the day you sell it... by jeepman3071 @ 26 minutes 14 seconds ago

Boats are giant holes in the water you throw money into.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Change interval-mileage versus months? by Malo83 @ 26 minutes 34 seconds ago

5K or twice a year is my interval regardless.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Old tire leaking at bead by turtlevette @ 27 minutes 12 seconds ago

To follow up. The silicone spray has worked. I had a leaking tire stem on the old suburban and a leaking bead on the vette and one can of silicone spray just a little at a time over months has swelled and rejuvenated the rubber in those areas and
Jump to new posts Re: This is why you don't put stop leak in your A/C by Chris142 @ 27 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bbheroWow!! Holy cow. that included 8 or so hrs @ $90/hr to pull the dash.it was a ford truck with a 6.0 diesel so I have to remove tbe motor mounts and jack the engine up to get to the compressor. Major labor on those.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Best wax applicator? by Malo83 @ 31 minutes 10 seconds ago

Meguiars foamy pads, have a ton of them.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Smith & Wesson rebate thru 6/30/17 by 901Memphis @ 33 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: gman2304Just ordered my new 9mm Shield from Palmettostatearmory.com. Comes with two clips as well. $244 after S&W rebate. Sold my old Ruger LC9 for $200. I fired a friends Shield at the range yesterday....had to have one.
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Any thoughts to a mobile app? by 901Memphis @ 34 minutes 16 seconds ago

I almost always post on my phone, and the built in browser lets me use ad block which helps make it run very smooth and easier to navigate, although occassionaly it makes the posts the wrong resolution when viewing from a computer.
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing old Mobil 0w-40 with new version. by 901Memphis @ 35 minutes 39 seconds ago

Will be perfectly fine the oils are more than likely very similar.
Photo Section
Jump to new posts Re: Motor sounds by turtlevette @ 37 minutes 13 seconds ago

The stock hood on my vette has a solenoid operated flapper door to let in cold pressurized air at the base of the windshield. I remember some nice engine sounds watching the old Walking Tall series from the 454 impalas. The Dirty Mary Crazy Larr
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >