09/30/16 04:40 PM
Does a notchy shift equal wear?
by ryan2022
09/30/16 04:30 PM
Newest Members
Jeff_Ferg, Kaiser, DanielStone, AWJ1954, codie
59227 Registered Users
Who's Online
44 registered (Chris142, BrocLuno, Bandito440, B320i, 2015_PSD, carock, 3 invisible), 1154 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59227 Members
66 Forums
255117 Topics
4191250 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation by KingCake @ Today at 10:29 PM

Originally Posted By: BkOBThanks for the replies! What would you guys recommend for cam break in? Something like a non-synthetic racing oil for like 50-100 miles? You don't need special oil. New engines don't need special oil.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Valve Cover Gasket and Tranny Fluid Question by KingCake @ Today at 10:27 PM

Originally Posted By: JMJNetBrake cleaner will evaporate very fast. Check Youtube, I am sure somebody have some video on how to do it. That engine is very popular and it is similar enough from generation to generation. Yep any how to video for a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I really hate people on craigslist by JMJNet @ Today at 10:26 PM

Originally Posted By: BlkstangerI sold my 1999 Ford Ranger on Craigslist a year and a half ago. Just the other day I get a voice mail from the guy that bought it. He was asking when the last time that I changed the spark plug wires. REALLY!? He wante
Jump to new posts Re: New Spark Plugs in 2010 Accord by KingCake @ Today at 10:26 PM

Old plugs had plenty of life left in them.
Jump to new posts Re: Motor Oil ? by ted s @ Today at 10:19 PM

advance auto house conventional
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: governor stuck on carburetor? by yeehaw1960 @ Today at 10:16 PM

Is the carburetor like a Honda carb? Did you take the plastic screw out that controls minimum idle before you pried the top plastic plug out to clean it? Did you screw the screw all the way in instead of where it was when before you took it apart?
Jump to new posts Re: Valve Cover Gasket and Tranny Fluid Question by JMJNet @ Today at 10:13 PM

Brake cleaner will evaporate very fast. Check Youtube, I am sure somebody have some video on how to do it. That engine is very popular and it is similar enough from generation to generation.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Filters back on the shelf at Walmart by KingCake @ Today at 10:08 PM

Originally Posted By: chainbluDidn't someone figure that the new ST filters were only like 70% efficient? If so, they can stay right there on the shelf. So are most OE filters off the assembly line. Air filter efficiency is what matters.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Can we now agree that Fram is the best? by cheesepuffs @ Today at 10:07 PM

The Fram end caps in question here are not cardboard. They are a fiber that easily absorbs adhesive, which allows the filter media and end caps to bond and become one piece. There is nothing dangerous about those end caps. Any negative stigma is in p
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Supertech Filters back on the shelf at Walmart by chainblu @ Today at 10:06 PM

Didn't someone figure that the new ST filters were only like 70% efficient? If so, they can stay right there on the shelf.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Cq reds via rockauto by sw99 @ Today at 10:03 PM

I bought a bunch also. Cant beat the price!
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Peak Global Lifetime is what I have in my 2012 Ram.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 3 series reliability? by rooflessVW @ Today at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: ford46guyOriginally Posted By: edyvwTo the OP. Euro cars are very reliable, if you do proactive maintenance! Of all option most reliable is 3.0l engine in 328. I is naturally aspirated engine with good amount of power. 335i is t
Jump to new posts Re: Oil Recommendation by FlyNavyP3 @ Today at 09:56 PM

Originally Posted By: SatinSilverDoes Florida require the car to have cats on it? Federal law requires it. Florida doesn't check.
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Wendy's Chili Recipe by hatt @ Today at 09:51 PM

I was going to order a few things from Hard Times. $14 shipping. Plus $1 handing fee. I passed.
Engine Oil Filters
Thanks for the info! I also just found out that I have a bunch of filters for the Civic and Versa that should fit also. They are the Fram XG7317, Mann ML-1008 & Carquest R84356. Looks like they are about an inch longer and I have the room.
Heavy Duty Engine Oil (HDEO) - Diesel/Gas Pickups/Trucks/Vans
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for 8.1 Vortec in 12 ton Motorhome by Stewart Fan @ Today at 09:45 PM

I had an '01 2500HD with the 8.1 Towed a travel trailer and a boat and put about 75k on the truck. I did multiple UOAs with 10w-30. I never had a bad analysis running 10w-30
Jump to new posts Re: Broken bolt from brake caliper Buick Park Ave by Blkstanger @ Today at 09:42 PM

I'd just pull the caliper off and replace it.
Sorry, "This of course does mean that the filter has not failed,"...etc should of course have been "This of course does NOT mean that the filter has not failed,"...etc.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: I really hate people on craigslist by Blkstanger @ Today at 09:32 PM

I sold my 1999 Ford Ranger on Craigslist a year and a half ago. Just the other day I get a voice mail from the guy that bought it. He was asking when the last time that I changed the spark plug wires. REALLY!? He wanted me to call him back Ha ha Ha.
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 silverado 1500 5.3 oil suggestions by 02s4audi @ Today at 09:29 PM

Will a 0w30 make much of a difference for me in winter? Does 0w30 meet demos spec for my truck
Looks like its broke pretty deep in there, are you able to slide the bushing inboard enough to clear it? Why don't you remove the top bolt to pull the caliper, then vise grips to remove the stuck fasterner (after general penetrating oil and time)?
Jump to new posts Re: 2012 kia Forte oil recomendations by 02s4audi @ Today at 09:27 PM

Originally Posted By: Marco6205w20 Synthetic in winter from Pennzoil,Castrol,or m1 5w30 Synthetic rest of the time. Its GDi so find a A1 A5 HTO -6 spec synthetic like Pennzoil Ultra/Platinum,QSUD or Castrol Edge. It is NOT a GDI engine.
Looking at your picture again the location perhaps isn't so bad. I was thinking of MY calipers, which might be impossible if this happened.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Can we now agree that Fram is the best? by RubentheIowan @ Today at 09:22 PM

Im not sure if id say they are the BEST overall, but they do make an excellent filter in the ULTRA. Ive been using it for a couple of years now with no issues on both cars without hesitation.
Page 3 of 220 < 1 2 3 4 5 ... 219 220 >