by Why_Anything
06/25/17 11:16 PM
Late Christmas Lights Present
by Ducked
06/25/17 10:38 PM
2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Review
by Nick1994
06/25/17 10:06 PM
Is there any benefit to using premium fuel?
by Greatwhite7
06/25/17 09:12 PM
Possible engine damage to Honda Mower?
by blue_steel
06/25/17 09:04 PM
Donaldson P502503 Virgin Powerstroke 6.7
by asleepz
06/25/17 09:02 PM
Honda 15400-PLM-A01 5k miles C&P
by asleepz
06/25/17 08:54 PM
Front Pad replacement interval?
by borgward
06/25/17 07:52 PM
Are these bulbs a waste of money?
by NJ_Car_Owner
06/25/17 07:46 PM
Radiator Stop Leak Recommendation
by Egg_Head
06/25/17 05:51 PM
Dog licking cat food cans
by Donald
06/25/17 05:22 PM
0w20 OR 5W30: nissan maxima 2017
by SDANGERS
06/25/17 04:32 PM
2011 Ford Escape XLT
by Corollaman
06/25/17 03:59 PM
2009 Chevy Traverse opinions
by Corollaman
06/25/17 03:57 PM
Rotella T6 Multi Vehicle 5W 30
by rotorcraft230
06/25/17 03:54 PM
Takata Bankruptcy
by Reggaemon
06/25/17 03:22 PM
Newest Members
rottonj, blue_steel, SammyGG, Gojira61, TucsonTacodog
61969 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (bbhero, boom10ful, bdcardinal, Bailes1992, 4 invisible), 1070 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
61969 Members
66 Forums
267049 Topics
4416623 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: MontanaAndyI used a high pressure spring in the pump because my hot idling oil pressure was lower than I liked. I see this a lot and I still don't understand it. The relief valve and associated spring is there to prevent *e
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: O'Reilly High Mileage ATF by BironDanmum @ Today at 12:21 AM

^^ Yes, the Castrol is actually on sale right now at Wal-Mart. At 15.00 a gallon you're not going to find a better ATF for the money, IMO.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Replacing 2 prong outlets by Nick1994 @ Today at 12:15 AM

Originally Posted By: Wolf359I would leave them alone. You can still have 2 prong outlets. Having a 3 prong outlet without a ground is against code. A 2 prong outlet is not. When the housing inspector comes and tests the outlets in my rentals, if the
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Takata Bankruptcy by nyumski @ Today at 12:13 AM

when the airbag case shows up to the public, i already predict this would happen slowly or fast. it just needs time for media blowing up the news
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: What happened to Arco graphite motor oil? by BironDanmum @ Today at 12:07 AM

The last time I recall using Arco Graphite would have been around 1984, roughly the same time that Arco sold most of its gas stations in the Northeast over to Shell. Arco was having a rough few years. Arco Graphite got a reputation for ruining engi
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Review by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

Originally Posted By: bowlofturtle Would you say that Avalon is Lexus like? Never been in Avalons. Not sure as I haven't really been in a Lexus. I can say that it is leaps and bounds far nicer than the current Camry. Fit and finish is so nice, the
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Re: Are these bulbs a waste of money? by SF0059 @ Yesterday at 11:50 PM

Daytime running lights or not, my guess is that they will last you about a year. In the past I put these in a car and had one burn out every 6 months to a year. I have started only using OEM for headlights and they last sooooo much longer.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: "New" source for tires by Nick1994 @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

50% of the cost for new with 70% of the tread as new? I'd rather pay the extra 20% for fresh brand new tires. Plus if you don't fall for the Michelin tire craze you can get a really good deal with rebates. But overall that does sound pretty cool
Jump to new posts Dash Cam Install by SF0059 @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

After a lot of thought and research, I decided that I needed a dash cam in each of our cars. I feel like with the technology that is now available, it is cheap insurance. Particularly since we live in a town of horrid drivers. I decided to buy one f
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Ford Focus Made In China?????? by CKN @ Yesterday at 11:36 PM

It seems some on here can't understand a company can't stay in business having a whole factory producing something that is a slow seller.......at best. In May just a little over 17,000 units were sold. http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales-data/for
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Terrible oil filters for Mini N1x engines by Seventh @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

I've been seeing a LOT of these "made in China" filters coming out of Mini Coopers lately. Cars equipped with N12, N14, N16 and N18 engines. I'm assuming these are coming from quickie lube joints because cheap. Every time I pull one out,
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 2015 Subaru Outback/Legacy parts by RichR @ Yesterday at 11:23 PM

PM sent!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog licking cat food cans by RichR @ Yesterday at 11:19 PM

Okay, Three dogs,two cats,one wife and maybe 150-200 quarts of oil,atf ,MMO and additives in basement! If you think dogs like cat [censored],Rabbit [censored] comes in a strong #2. My dogs are always raiding the dry cat food left out but a cat would
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Dog licking cat food cans by RichR @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

Okay, Three dogs,two cats,one wife and maybe 150-200 quarts of oil,atf ,MMO and additives in basement! If you think dogs like cat [censored],Rabbit [censored] comes in a strong #2. My dogs are always raiding the dry cat food left out but a cat would
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Upcoming Civic and 335i BMW maintenance by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:17 PM

What makes you think that a walnut blasting is necessary? What dirt off you think will get worked through that didn't in the first 5 minutes of operation? Is there any good reason why you couldn't do a drain and fill of the ATF, especially if you m
Jump to new posts NY Rebuilt tilte by Why_Anything @ Yesterday at 11:16 PM

I got a van off my neighbor for almost nothing, the title is NY and its "rebuilt salvage" He went and did the entire NYS salvage title fiasco and was issued this rebuilt title. My question is, WILL i have to go do that all over again? I onl
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Review by JHZR2 @ Yesterday at 11:14 PM

Nice car and color. I'd suspect it's like a minivan with a sedan body.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Review by dishdude @ Yesterday at 11:09 PM

It's the new Buick.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Front Pad replacement interval? by 901Memphis @ Yesterday at 10:54 PM

Originally Posted By: LubenerThe scraping sound of your rotors being destroyed. Yuuup
Jump to new posts Re: Milesyn Synthetic Oil. Anyone heard of it? by Vlad_the_Russian @ Yesterday at 10:53 PM

I purchased 12qts of Milesyn full synthetic 5w30 from Wal-Mart. Because I choose Pick-up over shipping - I got a discount and the total after tax was under $28, for 12 quarts of full synthetic 5w30. Lovely I hope the performance is as good as the pr
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Considering 2013+ Lexus GS350 by bowlofturtle @ Yesterday at 10:49 PM

I"m just here because i'm considering swapping my AWD G35 for a RWD GS350 at one point or a LS model. I live in city where it can get bad in the winters. But if i get the RWD model, i would probably grab a cheap winter beater. I have not done t
Jump to new posts Re: 0W-20 or 5W-20 for 06 Sentra in NYC winter by Vlad_the_Russian @ Yesterday at 10:48 PM

Originally Posted By: marine65 Funny you should ask. I have the kit here just waiting to drain the oil in a couple thousand miles to send it in. I am really interested in seeing the results there. 7k-8k with a 5qt sump is normal, but the same distan
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F1 - 2017 European Grand Prix by DeepFriar @ Yesterday at 10:45 PM

Count me in on the Hamilton nonsense - total jerk. He has no regard for the sport or the other drivers. In the end what he does behind the SC is dangerous as the field accordions behind his purposeful inconsistency. I hope he gets a proper reaming
Automotive Lighting
Jump to new posts Late Christmas Lights Present by Ducked @ Yesterday at 10:38 PM

Big dump of them, from scrapped decorations. Looks like a cutting torch was used on these so some of the strips are burned, and they've also been randomly cut, but spot checks with live 12V voltmeter probes into the wee internal contact pad things
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Toyota Avalon XLE Review by bowlofturtle @ Yesterday at 10:37 PM

Originally Posted By: CKNThey are supposed to handle like a whale. That's how their target customer likes them......... Agreed. I have Camry with the same powerplant. Its decent power, getting around 24mpg mainly city. But the ride is so floaty a
Page 2 of 239 < 1 2 3 4 ... 238 239 >