by Bubba1947
09/29/16 02:17 PM
Motor oil in trans case (NP231)
by OlDirty
09/29/16 02:12 PM
'96 LeSabre climate control
by Alex_V
09/29/16 12:18 PM
22 transmission line towers toppled in AU Shannow?
by turtlevette
09/29/16 12:03 PM
Aircraft Carriers
by Al
09/29/16 11:25 AM
Newest Members
Bubba1947, climmie, Miatayoga, Jarhead74, spieler
59208 Registered Users
Who's Online
70 registered (2015_PSD, 55Test, AirgunSavant, Alfred_B, 46Harry, 2010Civic, 8 invisible), 2055 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59208 Members
66 Forums
255065 Topics
4190136 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: zddp additives by A_Harman @ 46 minutes 22 seconds ago

I have used ZDDPlus, and it didn't cause any problems in my Cummins diesel.
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by Leo99 @ 46 minutes 26 seconds ago

Glock 19 is typically regarded as their best pistol. I was torn between the Glock 19 and S&W M&P 9 and went with the Smith. A lot of of people are very passionate about the Glock 19. You must be a large guy because the Glock 19 is not a sma
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 2016 Nissan Murano by wemay @ 47 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CT8Originally Posted By: PaleRiderI was very surprised to hear that the new Murano uses Dino oil VS synthetic. but no surprise to see 0W20 for fuel mileage. 5W30 can be used in warmer climates and wondering if in NC the 5w30 is
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Buying a House in 2 yrs - Realistic Numbers? by Nick1994 @ 50 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994 I can't believe how cheap houses are there. House prices have exploded here in the past couple years. My grandparents house isn't anything fancy, could sell for at least $300k My aunt bought her house for $139k, nice h
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Wiper blade refills Trico Exact fit vs. Toyota OEM by zzyzzx @ 50 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jrvnOriginally Posted By: zzyzzxSuperTech wipers at Walmart are cheaper, and they work great. I seen them!, what type did you use prior to the Walmart ones? On one car SuperTech, on another car, OE. On a third car (GF's car)
Jump to new posts Re: 2008 Caddie CTS Heavy Oil Usage by Jimzz @ 51 minutes 37 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jcbctsYou are right on with the CTS issues! I have a 2008 at nearly 100k with the original timing chain. I couldn't imagine the damage to these engines when people go 8000 mile intervals and never check the oil. Then the tech
Jump to new posts Re: oil recommendation for SC`d 5.6 V8? by Johnny2Bad @ 52 minutes 28 seconds ago

I use M1 0W-40 in a Rotrex (Centrifugal type) Supercharged 4-cylinder Mazda, moderate boost pressure, 7400 RPM rev limited, 5K OCI. The Supercharger itself has it's own sealed sump and a 24 month OCI. I drive it like I stole it; the motor sees 7 gran
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: 22 transmission line towers toppled in AU Shannow? by Shannow @ 53 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: leeharvey418 You don't think his priority is getting enough battery power to check BITOG? Generator is sized only to keep the gas hot water and gas heater running, no wifi unfortunately.
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts zddp additives by JDMiller @ 55 minutes 43 seconds ago

Did a search and got zero Any thoughts on zddp plus, zddp max, lucas zddp etc Oil additives To add to auto oil for flat tappet classic cars, hot rods, older performance built engines
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by Astro14 @ 55 minutes 53 seconds ago

The G23 is the same size as the G19. Compact. I own both. A G22 is the same size as the G17. Full size. I own a G17. People seem to think I hate Glock, and I really don't...
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil in trans case (NP231) by Jarlaxle @ 56 minutes 9 seconds ago

If you can't ger D3 in Germany...what about Dexron VI?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Renewables Experiment in Oz - keep watching by SHOZ @ 56 minutes 11 seconds ago

If the problem is hardware control and it can be dealt with. Europe requires frequency control of their wind farms. Regulation via rotor speed & pitch control [1] “Wind Generation Interconnection Requirements,” Technical Workshop, November 7,
Jump to new posts Re: Wiper blade refills Trico Exact fit vs. Toyota OEM by Nick1994 @ 57 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: zzyzzxSuperTech wipers at Walmart are cheaper, and they work great. +1 Put a pair on my car last week. Had some crazy rain last week and it rained this morning. They work good. I had a pair of $2.50 wipers from Parts Authority
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by bdcardinal @ 58 minutes 45 seconds ago

I have a Glock 22 RTF2 which I think is the same frame as a 19 just in .40 S&W. I absolutely love it. It has had thousands of rounds through it with no failures and minimal cleaning.
Jump to new posts Windshield Wipers | Hybrid vs Beam style by lucas01230 @ 59 minutes 25 seconds ago

Whats the difference between hybrid and beam style. From what im getting is hybrid has the convention pressure points style blade but with a cover on top of it boasting aerodynamics. Why is hybrid more expensive? Almost everywhere I am reading, it sh
Jump to new posts Re: Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by Astro14 @ Today at 04:05 PM

Well...if you go back and read the response to your H&K question, you'll see all the Glock aficionado and fan boy responses. That said, I bought three G-19s to give to my kids. That's three. I'm voting with my $$. I put 250 rounds through one jus
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Amsoil SSO 0W-30, 1993 Civic, 3,007 miles by dino33 @ Today at 04:05 PM

Looks great. This is why I'm at Bitog, learning from those who really appreciate and take care of their cars...
General and Off Topic
Nah, not in the dark, we only got the frequency hits as the grid surfed from 49.8 to 50.15Hz (so much for running clocks off grid frequency eh???). Used to live in S.A. a long time ago, but closer to Sydney now. S.A., while I love it is a basket ca
Jump to new posts Talk to me about a...umm...errr...Glock 19 by 2015_PSD @ Today at 03:59 PM

We all have our favorite firearm or firearm brand and I will be the first to admit I have never liked Glocks. I owned a Gen 1 Glock 26 back in the 90s and never really liked it because it was too small for my hand and because it was "twangy"
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Renewables Experiment in Oz - keep watching by Shannow @ Today at 03:57 PM

SHOZ...per your quote...CAN (not DO, as there's a big difference). You can put in super duper controls and storage on Solar to do the same thing...but they don't, as the "cheapest" istallation (you know the ones that are "cheaper tha
Originally Posted By: zzyzzxSuperTech wipers at Walmart are cheaper, and they work great. I seen them!, what type did you use prior to the Walmart ones?
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Motor oil in trans case (NP231) by Chris142 @ Today at 03:52 PM

15w40 is too thick for the oil pump to pump.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Another Walmart 3 pk Valvoline 5w30 synth. trick by JMZ101586 @ Today at 03:49 PM

Per the 1st link there was 4 of the 3 5 qrt Valvoline Pack left. I ordered all 4 for a total just over $80 bucks. Well see what I get in the mail. If I don't get it all I [censored] and I assume Walmart will have to honor and send the additional.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: genealogy by Johnny2Bad @ Today at 03:44 PM

Do not overlook military records, in your home country and abroad. Our experience is the male side of the family is often reasonably well documented, but the matriarchal side is very difficult as the women come from seemingly nowhere record-wise, an
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Drill/Driver by GGorman04 @ Today at 03:44 PM

For anyone that bought or has the milwaukee m18, did you buy the larger battery?
Page 2 of 214 < 1 2 3 4 ... 213 214 >