Recent Topics
Looking for $10k car for wife to drive.
by JustinH
12/03/16 09:32 AM
Hey, has anyone seen Castrols' new bio synthetic?
by double vanos
12/03/16 07:44 AM
Reduced Stereo Output
by RamFan
12/03/16 07:04 AM
Oil change kits on Amazon.
by Black_Thunder
12/03/16 03:08 AM
2006 Porsche Cayenne Turbo Oil Consumption
by dilberto88
12/03/16 01:58 AM
Replaced the high pressure power steering hose.
by wtd
12/03/16 01:00 AM
Shell X-100 back?
by goldenpony
12/02/16 11:59 PM
Just purchased a 2017 Nissan Armada AWD. 1st OC
by Nicasio
12/02/16 09:26 PM
Welcome to the Hyve
by 2015_PSD
12/02/16 08:54 PM
Castrol Edge and Edge HM info
by jarad248
12/02/16 08:26 PM
'08 BMW 328xi, Castrol EDGE 5W30, 10.4k mi OCI
by grumpyoldman
12/02/16 08:03 PM
Four Cities to ban diesel vehicles by 2025
by sprite1741
12/02/16 07:18 PM
Newest Members
BriNord, savana, dcd882, Vinewood, GBJ
59765 Registered Users
Who's Online
72 registered (4WD, 77GrandPrix, AirgunSavant, andyd, 09_GXP, A310, 7 invisible), 1515 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59765 Members
66 Forums
257768 Topics
4240116 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: Decisions, Decisions by 4WD @ 48 minutes 27 seconds ago

Valvoline Dex VI is full synthetic ... I'm running a Castrol multi synthetic that had Dex VI pedigree - but when my stash is gone looks like I have to work something else in on pan drains
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Post your winter tire/wheel setup by SHOZ @ 53 minutes 48 seconds ago

I have the Michelin Xi3s on my Accent with the OE steel 14" wheels. Second winter for them and they are a size wider than OE at 185/70s. It will claw through snow until it gets lifted by it from being too deep.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Hey, has anyone seen Castrols' new bio synthetic? by fdcg27 @ 54 minutes 54 seconds ago

Bio synthetics? GET was successful only in giving G-Oil away. RLI offers a number of such oils at fairly high prices. It'll be interesting to see this Castrol product on the shelves at Walmart and maybe to try it if it's offered with a good introduc
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: Battery - Checking Specific Gravity. by SHOZ @ 59 minutes 11 seconds ago

If the battery gets acid on the top or around the post and you add water then you lower the gravity. A larger than normal battery with a lower specific gravity (around the 'fair' numbers) will last longer.
Oil Industry and Related News
I think this is interesting its a 102octane fuel that is much better than ethanol in quite a few ways. We still have ethanol in everything here.. so bring it on.. and get rid of the ethanol.
Seems like a good idea until you perform A UOA shows that your engine has Diabetes.
Tool Time
Jump to new posts Re: got a couple of US made screwdrivers by Rand @ Today at 08:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Leo99 You mean aisle. The Spelling Police have arrived. I'm sure we all knew what he meant. I use some HF tools as well.. doesnt mean I would use them professionally unless it was very specific tools... or I wanted tools th
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: O'Reilly Auto Parts Cash CountDown $5 off $10 by laserred96gt @ Today at 08:29 AM

I used these coupons for filters and trufuel last year, still have plenty in stock.
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X-100 back? by Popsy @ Today at 08:28 AM

Originally Posted By: FordCapriDriverOriginally Posted By: BluestreamHard to beat a quality Group I oil...Maybe they'll bring back the 10W50 grade as well... Is that Sarcasm or?? because i can't imagine a Group 1 10W-50 being too shear resistant.
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X-100 back? by bullwinkle @ Today at 08:28 AM

Super low TBN, little to no dispersants causing the sump to start filling up with sludge (making an oil filter much less effective & potentially allowing contaminants to re-enter the oil system under hot conditions & spirited driving)-what co
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X-100 back? by Rand @ Today at 08:27 AM

This is for even older cars. Its a group 1 mineral oil with high zinc. This isnt for a classic car its for antique cars.. IMO.. but those terms are subjective.
Jump to new posts Re: Shell X-100 back? by FordCapriDriver @ Today at 08:24 AM

Originally Posted By: BluestreamHard to beat a quality Group I oil...Maybe they'll bring back the 10W50 grade as well... Is that Sarcasm or?? because i can't imagine a Group 1 10W-50 being too shear resistant.
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Post your winter tire/wheel setup by Rand @ Today at 08:21 AM

The CS5 ultra should be ok but they are supposedly inferior to the cs5 grand touring in snow. and the tread pattern isnt too inspiring for more than a couple inches. I expect them to be throughly ~~average in the white stuff.(for an all-season)
Jump to new posts Re: Oil change kits on Amazon. by edwardh1 @ Today at 08:21 AM

what filters do toyotsa get? toyota or denso?
MAG1 is WPP's top tier fluid so should be good to go. Hope this helps you sir http://mag1.com/ProductDetails.aspx?id=440a2646-0cce-444d-b2f1-438bb286f283
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0W-40 Cleaning Ability by njohnson @ Today at 08:16 AM

Originally Posted By: NocturnalGOriginally Posted By: njohnson[quote=KingCake]A little varnish is normal. Removing it has zero benefit. Our SUV is a 2001 Isuzu Trooper. We bought it new, and have maintained it with synthetic oils from the start. Th
Tires & Wheels
Jump to new posts Re: Should I ship my winter tires to Portland? by Nate1979 @ Today at 08:16 AM

If you don't go past Sandy or go into the mountains then you won't need them. But then I say this and we will end up getting s huge snow like we did a couple of years ago.....
Vehicles
I'm at 144k and the only front end parts that I've replaced have been the lower control arm bushings. The X3 just hit 195k and the suspension has never been touched. Even I am surprised...
Automotive General Topics
Originally Posted By: BigD1Yes they can be a royal pain in the a.s. +1. As you get more experience those type of repairs become easier. Some designs of modern cars make you want to set them of fire and roll them out to the curb. Just make sure
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone Running Ubuntu? by uc50ic4more @ Today at 08:14 AM

Originally Posted By: zzyzzxI have Ubuntu 14 on a SSD and Ubuntu 16.04.1 on one of my hard drives. So far I'm really not seeing any difference between the two. My thought was to try 16 on the hard drive and then after a while install 16 on the SSD,
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Anyone reload the 6.5mm Arisaka? by spasm3 @ Today at 08:10 AM

How do i tell which ariska i have?
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cartridge Filters by tc1446 @ Today at 08:10 AM

If you buy Fram TG at Walmart for an Ecotec motor, it will be Chinese. Wouldn't bother me if I knew the filter material was of good quality. It does have a tapered inner core that allows good oil flow, whereas the Fram Ultra does not, having an inne
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Who has had a real engine failure? by Robenstein @ Today at 08:10 AM

Had a couple race motors come apart. Only one on the streets was a GM 3100 that had the came break in two at around 130k. When wrenching I saw many though. Usually due to coolant contamination or waterlocking by driving into deep water during a sto
Jump to new posts Re: Decisions, Decisions by Burbanite @ Today at 08:09 AM

Originally Posted By: TravThat would be a three ring circus you really don't want to get into. Chances are you wont have any problems with this unit and the oil used wont matter, its also true that GM probably wouldn't bring the fluid into question b
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: cartridge Filters by Ryan02SS @ Today at 08:08 AM

Our new LR4 utilizes a cart filter right on top of the engine. OEM LR filters are made by Mahle and pricey. $20-30 thru dealer. Can be found on amazon for $18. While pricey, no mess. No need to get under the vehicle anymore with the vaccum oil e
Page 2 of 241 < 1 2 3 4 ... 240 241 >