by JetStar
Today at 06:53 AM
Fleet maintenance system
by msmoke00
Today at 06:34 AM
Suggest a Practice Electric Guitar Amp
by The_German
Today at 06:31 AM
South Australia Energy Experiment Continued....
by Shannow
Today at 05:26 AM
R65 at the Dyno Day.
by Silk
Today at 04:53 AM
John Deere Cool Gard ii compatibility question
by Zcbauer89
Today at 03:38 AM
Coupon for Fram Ultra (Amazon)
by PolarisX
Yesterday at 11:53 PM
Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30, 4,810 miles, 2016 Audi A3 2.0T
by Finklejag
Yesterday at 11:51 PM
Tell me about 2011+ Mustang GT convertibles
by dareo
Yesterday at 11:41 PM
Type of LSD in 2015 Camaro
by asand1
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Transmission cooler leak = bad!
by gregk24
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
Buying oil online from Walmart?
by Dominic
Yesterday at 09:59 PM
Air Operated Grease Gun
by tig1
Yesterday at 09:34 PM
Women's AFL football - grand final
by Shannow
Yesterday at 09:16 PM
VR-1 20W-50 $1/Qt at Autozone
by bunnspecial
Yesterday at 08:46 PM
4 pack of red Heet at Walmart - $5.00
by 69GTX
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Oil for a 2012 vw jetty 2.5 gas motor
by A1O
Yesterday at 08:24 PM
Newest Members
fourlowe, markings67, KRT, XJSoldier, Hkynut99
60959 Registered Users
Who's Online
65 registered (AandPDan, BigBuck, Astro14, andyd, Bandito440, 4WD, 3 invisible), 1869 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60959 Members
66 Forums
262778 Topics
4338275 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for a 2012 vw jetty 2.5 gas motor by raaizin @ 41 minutes 50 seconds ago

We have 2 2.5 jettas in the family a 2008 with 108k and a 2012 with 52k. I use Mobil 1 0-w40 with 10k mile oil changes with no issues. We do mostly highway miles. Don't overthink this. Oil from Walmart, filter from Rockauto. One thing you should kn
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Coffee - Your Current Brew by Quattro Pete @ 42 minutes 33 seconds ago

Roasted on 3/22. Received on 3/24. Tried it first time this morning... super smooth and great crema. It'll probably get even better in a couple of days.
Used Oil Analysis - Motorcycle
Jump to new posts Re: Mystik JT8 15W50 Semi Syn HDEO - 2014 Road King by alarmguy @ 44 minutes 8 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DoubleWaspOriginally Posted By: troopI've been using this oil in my H-D motor/primary for a few years now. Thinking of giving it a try in my Yamaha FZ-09. Not sure of shearing durability but should be good for 2.5-3k miles. Le
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 ESP 5W-30, 4,810 miles, 2016 Audi A3 2.0T by 4WD @ 48 minutes 6 seconds ago

Read and understand what SR5 and edyvw say on this formula ...
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese vs American cars by spasm3 @ 50 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Silverado12 Link This is what happens when you replace decent union jobs with "race to the bottom" jobs. As I have always said, Buy American! Support your own industries. But I know even with this knowledge, there
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Oil for a 2012 vw jetty 2.5 gas motor by skyactiv @ 53 minutes 19 seconds ago

Wal-Mart does indeed have five quart jugs of VW 502 0W40 oil for a good price. Not all locations will have Castrol and Pennzoil 0W40, but most will certainly have Mobil1 0W40 in stock which is fine.
General Board Information
Jump to new posts Re: Off line? by Garak @ 53 minutes 34 seconds ago

I have noticed it happens to me if I'm online, but sit idle for a lengthy period of time for whatever reason. After a couple clicks of activity, it shows me back.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: New(?) Mobil 1 oil filters? by pbm @ 59 minutes 1 second ago

Originally Posted By: blupupherOriginally Posted By: pbmI looked at the new Mobil 1 M103A filter at Walmart and one of the older M103 versions at AA and they seem to be exactly the same filter. The 103A was made on 1/17/17 and the M103 was made on 1/
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: VR-1 20W-50 $1/Qt at Autozone by BigCahuna @ Today at 07:35 AM

The one and only Autozone by me hardly ever has VR-1, and forget about it being on sale for a dollar. They must fine tune what they stock on the shelves, because even Mobil 1 EP is hard to find. It's hit or miss if they have it when I go looking. Eve
Jump to new posts Re: Same price-PU 5w-30 or Edge Extended 5w-30 by kr_bitog @ Today at 07:32 AM

Initially I want to get PU but Castrol seems have slightly thicker 100C viscosity that may be better for older engine, and their promo mentioned better maintaining viscosity than M1 EP. Sounds so tempting
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Buying oil online from Walmart? by pbm @ Today at 07:31 AM

Originally Posted By: IowegianJust order it for an in store pickup. I've done this and had no problems. Sometimes the online price is lower which is why I've done this.
For an OCI of 10K or less I'd prefer the Pennzoil.....if I was extending my OCI beyond 10K I'd probably go with the Castrol only because they claim it can do it (while SOPUS doesn't make such claims for PU).
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Where's the detergent pack went? Only 1k of Ca and 12 ppm of Mg? Low (2.6) TBN after 4.8 k miles. A dino can do it even better.
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harley Syn 3 by BigCahuna @ Today at 07:27 AM

A current MSDS sheet will tell you who currently makes their oil. The only one I can find online says it's Citgo, but It's a couple years old.,,,
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: F-1 Oil burning to increase power by Jetronic @ Today at 07:26 AM

Keeping the turbo spooled up during over-run would be a TREMENDOUS advantage. That would be the most likely use of engine oil as a fuel, imo...
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: MaxLife - Stinkiest ATF? by slacktide_bitog @ Today at 07:26 AM

Originally Posted By: Egg_HeadMaxlife is Chanel No. 5 compared to ACDelco supercharger oil. Thankfully GM says M1 5w30 can be used in place of the supercharger oil
Jump to new posts Re: M1 Annual Protection? by OPR4H @ Today at 07:25 AM

Originally Posted By: gr8gatzbyThe penultimate tribological marketing hyperbole? How can they supersede miles driven in a calendar year with a solely calendar based OCI? What in the eff. Also, it's $12/qt. So it must be gold. I drive 1k miles a we
Jump to new posts Re: Same price-PU 5w-30 or Edge Extended 5w-30 by slacktide_bitog @ Today at 07:25 AM

If you can actually find PU, use it
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Genesis Coupe by gregk24 @ Today at 07:22 AM

Sharp looking car!
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Transmission cooler leak = bad! by gregk24 @ Today at 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: TravIs the transmission fluid like Pepto-Bismol? If so time to save for a transmission rebuild the unit is doomed to fail its just a matter of time. Flushing it will not stop the clutch disintegration, the glue used to hold the
Jump to new posts Re: Same price-PU 5w-30 or Edge Extended 5w-30 by Smoqueed @ Today at 07:16 AM

If you can find the ultra platinum, I would go with that. They're both good oils, but I just prefer Pennzoil, and I know the ultra platinum is awesome. Don't know anything about the edge EP.
Jump to new posts Re: Same price-PU 5w-30 or Edge Extended 5w-30 by rooflessVW @ Today at 07:15 AM

Better? You're trying to split hairs. I prefer Castrol.
Computers
Jump to new posts Re: Who to purchase from? by Eddie @ Today at 07:14 AM

I have purchased at least 8 DELLS for my Church and 3 for myself over the years and was always pleased with the product and people who I communicated with at DELL. Ed
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: 2014 Genesis Coupe by Delta @ Today at 07:13 AM

Looks great! Now I need to go out and do my own cars...
General and Off Topic
I think they may very well be causing the shows demise because of greed. They mentioned costs was higher than management thinks it should be. NUTS.. Ed Hayes
Page 2 of 240 < 1 2 3 4 ... 239 240 >