by rooflessVW
1 minute 9 seconds ago
Newer "Doc" video
by DeepFriar
Today at 01:18 AM
OK XJ Owners... Weigh In
by Globalksp
Yesterday at 10:52 PM
2 easy to get greases for home use: name them...
by NattyBoh
Yesterday at 09:09 PM
2000 Toyota Corolla | Misfire codes, Tune Up Needs
by Globalksp
Yesterday at 09:08 PM
Experience with Total Wireless (div. of TracFone)
by mrsilv04
Yesterday at 09:07 PM
A message to hockey fans (cbc)
by simple_gifts
Yesterday at 08:44 PM
First auto accident this evening
by car51
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Apparently Canadians can't even into first snow.
by Nick R
Yesterday at 08:22 PM
Arisaka pics, what type do i have?
by spasm3
Yesterday at 08:04 PM
How much oil to put in 08 Honda Element?
by Garyd
Yesterday at 07:53 PM
AAP December Flyer Oil and Other Deals
by THafeez
Yesterday at 07:39 PM
Newest Members
rotaxxx, WhizkidTN, splattttttt, TwoHeartedCider, G8GTWhite1
59793 Registered Users
Who's Online
27 registered (carviewsonic, asand1, 1foxracing, AutoCoil, Atesz792, B320i, 2 invisible), 831 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59793 Members
66 Forums
257925 Topics
4243110 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Ford Focus ST 6 Speed Fluid by galaxy @ 12/02/16 08:52 AM

So it appears there's not many options out there for the MMT6 6 Speed Getrag-Ford manual tranny in my ST Focus. Anyone know of fluids out there that will work, are recommended, or meet WSS-M2C200-D2? I'd prefer to go Amsoil, but they don't have any
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Pick my grease from this pic by LeakySeals @ 12/02/16 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: OlasFor what? Wheel bearings?? For suspension. Ball joints, etc.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: 60w LED BULBS GOT CHEAP by SHOZ @ 12/02/16 08:50 AM

60 watt or 60 watt equivalent?
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Going down a grade is bad but shearing is not by ARCOgraphite @ 12/02/16 08:50 AM

Oils don't "change grade" when heated - this is just the function of KV T. Many "serious" long duration competition cars utilizing a dry sump will heat a high viscosity/ high HTHS oil MONOGRADE prior to starting the engine (an
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by Ramblejam @ 12/02/16 08:50 AM

Originally Posted By: Astro14 I joined the Navy on 18 July, 1986.
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Pick my grease from this pic by LeakySeals @ 12/02/16 08:49 AM

Thats all my walmart has. Prefer to get something there for convenience. I just started greasing with Mobil 1 syn grease, but want to switch back to regular grease. The M1 syn separates and is dripping all over my tools and the garage.
Consumer Electronics
Jump to new posts Re: 60w LED BULBS GOT CHEAP by daddi @ 12/02/16 08:46 AM

Originally Posted By: bmwjohnHi: I have just noticed that 60 watt LED bulbs have suddenly gotten super cheap. Dollar Tree Stores had 60w bulbs for $1.00, sold out, Avon Wal Mart clearanced 60w Great Value 6 for $2.75, Lowes had 60w Utilitar brand
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: New FRAM Racing Filters released at PRI by mazdamonky @ 12/02/16 08:45 AM

Nice info Motorking. Always good to see you on the forum! I hope after this meeting we can gather a little bit more information on these filters. I hope they are similar to the ultra or even the Toughguard as both are amazing filters, especially for
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by zzyzzx @ 12/02/16 08:45 AM

Originally Posted By: GeauxtigerThank you for your service sir! +1 for the above comment.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5 6M- rev hang? by SteveSRT8 @ 12/02/16 08:38 AM

Originally Posted By: deanm11 How could that be implemented in a non drive-by-wire vehicle? I presume most of what people are experiencing in recent memory is direct control of the electronic throttle by the ECU. Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8Or
I can't get a turkey baster in one of mine - but found a jumbo syringe on eBay and it came with a clear hose ... works great and even measures what fluid you remove and you can see condition of fluid ...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by SteveSRT8 @ 12/02/16 08:34 AM

Congrats on getting out alive...many don't. Toast them well! My good friend Mike retired out of the Armed Forces and also flew commercial carrier. He's gone now, but we really miss him and the tales he told were the BEST! Good luck to you...
Jump to new posts Re: Post Your Latest Power Steering Fluid Change by Sierra048 @ 12/02/16 08:31 AM

Turkey baster method. 3 drain and fills on the Frontier with a short run between each. Replaced with Maxlife ATF.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2017 Subaru Forester 2.5 6M- rev hang? by 4WD @ 12/02/16 08:29 AM

Surely less of a pain in automatic cars - but from renting a number of cars each year there is some lag in electric throttle in some cars ... plus all the weird stuff they make them do at traffic lights ... (trans interface stuff in other threads) .
Jump to new posts Re: New FRAM Racing Filters released at PRI by billt460 @ 12/02/16 08:26 AM

In spite of everything you read on forums about them, I've been using nothing but Fram oil filters in my vehicles for the last 45 years. And I have NEVER had an internal engine problem. Let alone one related to oil.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by pandus13 @ 12/02/16 08:19 AM

Thank you for your service! must have been quite some ride(ahem flight, ahem maritime navigation) Now, since you've seen it all , are you: -going to look at the sky more? -take your wife some place nice/quiet? -open up one of the cars and make it ne
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Jeep Wrangler TJ 4.0 Oil by fins @ 12/02/16 08:17 AM

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: finsHave owned a 2005 Wrangler since 2007. For the first 8 years I used Rotella 15-40. About 2 years ago I switched to QS Defy 10-30.....have been happy with the switch. Sadly they've changed t
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Working On? by John_Conrad @ 12/02/16 08:16 AM

headlight switch problems one vechicle, power steering leak on another and a couple oil changes waiting for now...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by John_Conrad @ 12/02/16 08:15 AM

congratultions and thank you for standing at the guard and ready. i hope that you enjoy your time off and are able to find other hobbies and interests to fill that void. sincerely: jc
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: What Are You Working On? by Red91 @ 12/02/16 08:14 AM

'06 Hummer H3, power steering pressure hose, oil change, shooting a little freon into the ac system.
Automotive General Topics
BTW - Nissan Patrol left 4 of us on side of the road in Namibia - we only needed it for four days ... Was in Angola a few weeks back - the military uses GMC trucks ...
European and Import Motor Oils
Jump to new posts Re: Gulf Competition Cheap Ester based oil? by John_Conrad @ 12/02/16 08:11 AM

pqia has done a test on a 5w-30 back in 2011 http://www.pqiamerica.com/gulf2011.htm this bottle was labeled gulf advance fuel efficient motor oil though and was Packaged for Gulf by the American Refining Group
Jump to new posts Re: New FRAM Racing Filters released at PRI by i_hate_autofraud @ 12/02/16 08:10 AM

So what is the beta ratio for any given micron particle size? Post a link, etc..... Thanks
Grease
Jump to new posts Re: Pick my grease from this pic by Srt20 @ 12/02/16 08:10 AM

take another pic over further....
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Retired from the USN by ls1mike @ 12/02/16 08:08 AM

Congrats Astro. It is kind of bitter sweet. I remember when I had to get out for Asthma (no subs with that and it was bad enough I couldn't go surface) Took me about 2 years to fully adjust. Enjoy your party. The retirement ones are always a good t
Page 155 of 268 < 1 2 ... 153 154 155 156 157 ... 267 268 >