by stephen9666
28 minutes 55 seconds ago
Chevrolet Tahoe 3rd generation reliability
by pacem
Today at 09:28 PM
5w20 OK in hi mile 1ZZFE Corolla?
by 55Test
Today at 09:14 PM
No hernia found! :) Doc referred me to a surgeon.
by motor_oil_madman
Today at 08:49 PM
2014 Town and Country oil change interval
by Corollaman
Today at 07:30 PM
U Dont Need To Prefill Oil Filter..Scotty Kilmer
by Warstud
Today at 07:08 PM
Samsung CLP-315W color laser printer
by Donald
Today at 07:07 PM
M1 0w40 or EDGE 0w40
by car51
Today at 06:32 PM
Jaguar XE 25t Loaner - Impressions
by DeadPossum
Today at 06:30 PM
Thinnest 30 weight.....heaviest 20 weight ?
by Oregoonian
Today at 06:22 PM
How Do You Handle Tailgaters?
by George7941
Today at 03:40 PM
2.4 multi air under valve cover
by ram_man
Today at 01:28 PM
Weather Channel Doppler Radar
by HosteenJorje
Today at 12:34 PM
They Are QUICK !!
by billt460
Today at 12:15 PM
GM 6094M- Mobil 1 High Mileage
by TmanP
Today at 11:58 AM
Help with bypass idea
by FamousAmos50
Today at 11:30 AM
99 Cent Store
by Cristobal
Today at 11:22 AM
Question about two oils.
by Cristobal
Today at 11:06 AM
Cadillac | 2017 CTS-V Sedan
by AirgunSavant
Today at 10:44 AM
2009 Accord Valvetrain Pic - 120k
by redhat
Today at 10:25 AM
Newest Members
gartai, ckr2004, Stol3n, fish4me, 70fastback
60974 Registered Users
Who's Online
84 registered (1_high_bald_guy, asiancivicmaniac, abs, A1O, 2015_PSD, asand1, 7 invisible), 1962 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60974 Members
66 Forums
262803 Topics
4338926 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: U Dont Need To Prefill Oil Filter..Scotty Kilmer by y_p_w @ 1 minute 14 seconds ago

I do it, but I wouldn't worry too much about it. There should already be some protection from the anti wear additives.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: Choosing between 2 chainsaws by spasm3 @ 3 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: jhellwigIs the 390 strato charged? Not sure what that is, unless its the air injection. Its supposed to keep more debris out of the air filter.
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Engine bay detail by ls1mike @ 3 minutes 20 seconds ago

My two favorites. 2000 Trans Am WS6. 68,000 miles. Business end of 424 RWHP without N2O. 2014 Caprice. 24,500 miles. Based off 1/4 mile time and MPH I would say 320-330 to wheels. No dyno on this one yet
Jump to new posts Re: U Dont Need To Prefill Oil Filter..Scotty Kilmer by y_p_w @ 4 minutes 25 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ammolab"Most cars are bypass systems and oil doesn't go thru the filter to fill the system"....what is he talking about?!!! Every car is a full flow system and bypassed only when filter obstructed enough to initiate &
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: What makes Fram Ultra spin-on filters better? by ZeeOSix @ 6 minutes 4 seconds ago

The graph I posted on page 4 pretty much tells the story of "xx% efficient for particles >yy microns".
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: CVT Fluid by Mathew_Boss @ 7 minutes 56 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AirgunSavantOriginally Posted By: Mathew_BossUpdate: I put the Valvoline CVT fluid in it yesterday. It really helped out the Clutch and MPG went up (I think the old CVT fluid got toasted because the coolant line that goes to t
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2009 Accord Valvetrain Pic - 120k by ls1mike @ 8 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Brybo86No pics of the underside of the valve cover? Truth. LOL
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: No hernia found! :) Doc referred me to a surgeon. by motor_oil_madman @ 18 minutes 9 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KuatoTake the CT results to the surgeon when you go. Could be a pulled muscle like you said. I'm not a doctor of course but am curious how long it's been like this, and if it's recent, if you did any extraordinary activities l
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by serversurfer @ 22 minutes 48 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bbheroI agree with you rooflessVW. I use the NASCAR approach to the left lane. Say I'm going 78-79 in a 70 mph zone and someone runs me down from a long way behind me I will gladly get over to the right lane and let them go on b
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chevrolet Tahoe 3rd generation reliability by clinebarger @ 23 minutes 17 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KingCakeFriend of mine is on his 3rd tranny. Junk. I always enjoy these stories, The original unit last 150K, Then the "rebuild" last 15-20K.......And it's the transmissions fault? It's the Technicians JOB to find w
Jump to new posts Re: U Dont Need To Prefill Oil Filter..Scotty Kilmer by Shannow @ 25 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 69GTXEmpty oil filter vs. "potential" contaminants that will be filtered out the first time around the system? Probably not a huge difference. I'll go with the empty filter as being slightly more harmful...on those
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Post your latest oil change by Hollow @ 27 minutes 16 seconds ago

2002 Subaru Outback H6 3.0 approx 111,500 miles Out: Pennzoil Platinum High Mileage 5w30 with NAPA Gold filter. 7000Ish miles, changed early due to worsening oil cooler gasket leak needing repair. Was down a quart and decided to repair and OCI rat
Jump to new posts Re: 5w20 OK in hi mile 1ZZFE Corolla? by gathermewool @ 27 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4A bottle of STP or Motor Honey should bring you back to 5W-30. That's freaky. I swear I didn't read CT8's post before posting. Bad advice, each.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by serversurfer @ 29 minutes 10 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KingCakeOriginally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: KingCakeCastle doctrine disagrees with you. I'm standing my ground. Standing your ground? In the left lane of a 70 mph highway, doing 68 mph? Is that how you choose
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Crashed Badly, Probably Done Riding Motorcycles by john_pifer @ 29 minutes 57 seconds ago

A few years ago, before I got heavily into running and cycling and mountain biking, I did a lot of fast road riding with a group out of Memphis, the Mid South Sport Riders (MSSR). I crashed a few times (we called it a get-off). All of those get-offs
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Pics of the new Carquest Platinum painted rotors by stephen9666 @ 30 minutes 3 seconds ago

This is a cosmetic review of the Carquest Platinum painted brake rotors that were recently introduced at Advance Auto Parts and Carquest stores. I'm not going to comment on the functionality of these rotors because I haven't installed them and I'm no
Jump to new posts Re: 5w20 OK in hi mile 1ZZFE Corolla? by Kuato @ 30 minutes 41 seconds ago

Is it back spec'd for 5w20? If not I'd change it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: No hernia found! :) Doc referred me to a surgeon. by Kuato @ 31 minutes 20 seconds ago

Prostate, not prostrate.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by bbhero @ 31 minutes 33 seconds ago

I agree with you rooflessVW. I use the NASCAR approach to the left lane. Say I'm going 78-79 in a 70 mph zone and someone runs me down from a long way behind me I will gladly get over to the right lane and let them go on by. When traffic is kind of s
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: No hernia found! :) Doc referred me to a surgeon. by Kuato @ 33 minutes 42 seconds ago

Take the CT results to the surgeon when you go. Could be a pulled muscle like you said. I'm not a doctor of course but am curious how long it's been like this, and if it's recent, if you did any extraordinary activities lately.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by clinebarger @ 34 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW Your feelings are irrelevant. It is not your job to enforce the law. I don't care if you are already doing 5 over or even 90mph. If you are in the left lane and are impeding someone's progress, MOVE OVER. ^^^This g
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by rooflessVW @ 34 minutes 30 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KingCakeOriginally Posted By: rooflessVWOriginally Posted By: KingCakePut on cruise control and brake check every few minutes. One time a guy got out of his car and threatened me. You sound like you could use a good punch to th
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Chevrolet Tahoe 3rd generation reliability by KingCake @ 37 minutes 39 seconds ago

Friend of mine is on his 3rd tranny. Junk.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: How Do You Handle Tailgaters? by KingCake @ 41 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeOriginally Posted By: KingCakeCastle doctrine disagrees with you. I'm standing my ground. Standing your ground? In the left lane of a 70 mph highway, doing 68 mph? Is that how you choose to stand your ground? What are
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Cadillac | 2017 CTS-V Sedan by JHZR2 @ 42 minutes 6 seconds ago

Cts-v is a car id like to have. Im generally in the new only crowd, but will admit that $50k-ish is the limit of where I see that holding. I plan to look for a cpo garage queen in a couple years.
Page 1 of 246 1 2 3 ... 245 246 >