by wyo
09/28/16 02:39 PM
Purolator filtration 99% vs 96.5%
by AnarchyX
09/28/16 02:13 PM
Competitive friends drive trucks to 500k miles
by Rat407
09/28/16 01:40 PM
Mercedes 00098988 replacement for Ford PS fluid?
by 9009000
09/28/16 01:39 PM
Best High Mileage 5w-30 oil?
by dx92beater
09/28/16 12:41 PM
2008 Caddie CTS Heavy Oil Usage
by jcbcts
09/28/16 11:54 AM
Newest Members
Jarhead74, spieler, Slash2CPU, Rforce, JDMiller
59205 Registered Users
Who's Online
78 registered (AirgunSavant, AlaskaMike, Alfred_B, AandPDan, alanwayne1908, 2010Civic, 7 invisible), 1949 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59205 Members
66 Forums
255027 Topics
4189373 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Can You Spot The Oil Leak? by BlueOvalFitter @ 4 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KingCakeSay I wanted to find a cheap truck like this at an auction, how would I go about that? The town I live in is considered a village. It's in CenLa. They were getting rid of a few trucks and the auction was sealed bids on
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ontario cancels future Green Energy plans by Joseph_S37 @ 5 minutes 6 seconds ago

We need to get some Nuclear energy generation here in AB, and stop burning so much coal. THAT is what's causing all the pollution here
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Ontario cancels future Green Energy plans by A_Harman @ 5 minutes 24 seconds ago

What shortage? According to the pie chart in Overkill's post, wind and solar only account for 5.6% of Ontario's energy.
Jump to new posts Re: Can You Spot The Oil Leak? by KingCake @ 8 minutes 5 seconds ago

Say I wanted to find a cheap truck like this at an auction, how would I go about that?
Jump to new posts Re: Best High Mileage 5w-30 oil? by KingCake @ 9 minutes 52 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dx92beaterMan, I missed the 10w-40. Oh well at least I will get a better idea of consumption this winter being that I am moving to a place that is a few degrees colder than where I am now. Thanks, and I am hoping to report back
Jump to new posts Re: Best High Mileage 5w-30 oil? by KingCake @ 10 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: HerrStigNo amount of "cleaning" is going to fix worn rings, valve guides or seals. Yep. You're wasting money on bandaid/snake oil solutions.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Purolator filtration 99% vs 96.5% by KingCake @ 12 minutes 7 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: AnarchyXOkay, so besides a few bucks more, what is the benefit of getting a Purolator ONE filter over the standard Purolator oil filter? What does 99% filtration do on the first pass that a 96.5% won't do on the second pass?
Jump to new posts Re: Best High Mileage 5w-30 oil? by FlyNavyP3 @ 12 minutes 18 seconds ago

I wouldn't loose too much sleep over the oil consumption honestly. But to try and control it some I'd suggest a new OEM PCV as others have mentioned in addition to Valvoline Max Life (probably not the synthetic to keep costs of topping off reasonable
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky the Cat by SHOZ @ 12 minutes 55 seconds ago

Pinky the Cat videos
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP Extended Life Oil Filter by KingCake @ 14 minutes 57 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: goodtimesOf course car51 has already cut open one, and did a little reviewing on it too. It's a link in the thread mentioned. In my opinion AZ bean counters priced it a lot too high. It's meant to bundle with oil specials. I
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Oil filter from Rock Auto??? by KingCake @ 16 minutes 35 seconds ago

Some are really really old and have been stored open and are full of [censored]. Not worth it. If you want a cheap, decent filter go buy a CQ Red at Advance with 20% off code or a Supertech filter at walmart.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Reason(s) for V8 not being smooth at idle by yugrus @ 16 minutes 47 seconds ago

With A/C on I like it even better, that little shake is not as noticeable. Oh, and some time ago I put the smoke machine on it, but that revealed nothing. No vacuum leaks.
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: Terrier puppies by skyactiv @ 17 minutes 43 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: KiraHello, We're looking for a dog. I will describe myself re dog ownership. In the '70's my parents got a Samoyed when friends of a coworker moved. These people moved into a "No Dogs Allowed" place. Tash (short f
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Purolator One Box similar to Boss by njohnson @ 17 minutes 44 seconds ago

I was in our Meijer, looking at the shelf of Purolator BOSS filters. Whoever was stocking the shelves put several ONE filters together with the BOSS. I can understand why, the boxes are so similar to each other, even the color is close. Anyone else
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Reason(s) for V8 not being smooth at idle by Oli20 @ 20 minutes 34 seconds ago

My truck will do the same thing, but only when the AC is running. If I turn off the AC it will immediately stop doing it.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Competitive friends drive trucks to 500k miles by javacontour @ 21 minutes 25 seconds ago

An original Chevy Vega with 500k KM would be impressive, let alone 500K miles.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: cutting the cord in an apts building by racer12306 @ 22 minutes 34 seconds ago

Probably going to depend on what it says in your HOA agreement. If it says thou shalt buy our cable, then you're pretty stuck. Otherwise, you would have to work it through the HOA.
Jump to new posts Re: How does this sound for moms car... by FranklinJL @ 24 minutes 28 seconds ago

Napa 5w30 syn I'm good stuff...on sale right now
Question of the Day
Jump to new posts Re: Mixing polar and non-polar base fluids by DWC28 @ 25 minutes 2 seconds ago

However there is a problem with competing for surface. This is why additive packages are a careful balance of different components. Too much rust inhibitor too little wear protection. The number one cause of problems with after-market additives. They
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts cutting the cord in an apts building by pandus13 @ 25 minutes 59 seconds ago

Hi Bitogers, quick question: i own an apartment in a building. the building charges us for the comcast basic channels line-up about $42-45 per month. (either we watch or not we pay) we also have internet on our own (comcast also). Do you know how do
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Use Dexcool as AMAM ? by Sayjac @ 27 minutes 16 seconds ago

If you choose to use DexCool with 2eha in an Asian vehicle specing a PHOAT or vehicle specing G-05 like previous generation Ford and Chrysler, go ahead. I wouldn't and won't. No Asian vehicle manufacturer recommends or uses Dex with 2eha as an inhibi
Jump to new posts Re: How does this sound for moms car... by blupupher @ 27 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: skyactivI'd be really more concerned about the timing chain tensioner and guides on that with 140K on it. I've seen plenty of cars with exotics in the junkyard with engine failure due to the junky timing chain design. From wha
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Diesel Cars/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 229.31 or 229.51 by simple_gifts @ 29 minutes 17 seconds ago

What vehicle?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Moderators: Why Was My Thread Shut Down? by Nick1994 @ 32 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: john_piferOriginally Posted By: Mr NiceSilly question: Would IVF person be able to collect inheritance from sperm donor ? Just FYI, I wasn't conceived via IVF. I came about through plain old AI (artificial insemination), usin
Humor
Jump to new posts Re: Pinky the Cat by Eddie @ 32 minutes 35 seconds ago

The link is lost I fear. Bring it back please. Ed
Page 1 of 215 1 2 3 ... 214 215 >