by Warstud
12/08/16 08:29 PM
RIP Greg Lake
by aquariuscsm
12/08/16 07:53 PM
Greg Lake has died.
by simple_gifts
12/08/16 07:47 PM
Truck stalls when turning the steering wheel...
by Run
12/08/16 07:34 PM
Craftsman 30" snowblower with mouse infestation
by LeakySeals
12/08/16 07:26 PM
Castrol GTX 10W30 UltraClean in Australia
by SR5
12/08/16 07:11 PM
NAPA synthetic - why so cheap?
by veryHeavy
12/08/16 06:57 PM
Cold flow properties
by dpaldino
12/08/16 06:51 PM
Mobil 1 0W/20 EP; 10,139 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7
by DuckRyder
12/08/16 06:37 PM
BMW 2012 528i xDrive Oil Change
by gtmaster303
12/08/16 06:29 PM
Newest Members
1967ss, Aatwell86, stormgol, GreggDre, emmett442
59811 Registered Users
Who's Online
47 registered (ag_ghost, ammolab, 4WD, 675luke, asiancivicmaniac, akela, 2 invisible), 1131 Guests and 22 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59811 Members
66 Forums
258022 Topics
4245634 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by Silk @ 6 minutes 14 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3 True mechanical lockers are also not disengaged at speed. They can only be engaged at low speed, but will stay engaged at any speed. Engaging a locker with one wheel spinning madly is going to cause some damage.
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by Kibitoshin @ 18 minutes 38 seconds ago

Then you also Toyota's weird implementation of using an open diff and ABS system to create a limited slip diff effect. Dubbed A-LSD that was introduced in the 2007 2nd gen Tundra it uses the brakes on the spinning wheel so power can be transferred t
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Best start in cold: M1-EP 5-20 or 5-30? by KlooksKleek @ 19 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Pop_RivitJust use what is recommended by the manufacturer. You'll never know the difference, and then you can find something worthwhile to obsess over. Yikes. I am hardly obsessing.
Product Rebates, Sales and Promotions
Jump to new posts Re: Dupont Wiper Blades $1.88 HD by koffy @ 23 minutes 17 seconds ago

I ordered two sets for my xterra, thanks Warstud
Jump to new posts Re: OK XJ Owners... Weigh In by Dyusik @ 23 minutes 20 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: GlobalkspOriginally Posted By: dieselfarmboyOriginally Posted By: GlobalkspOriginally Posted By: dieselfarmboyJust so you know that thing dont have a frame, they are unibody. I would of run away from that thing so fast, its one
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix vs Purolator "One" by Dyusik @ 27 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dlundbladOriginally Posted By: bbheroI believe that there is another member on here who would gladly run a German made Mann filter but wouldn't touch a US made Mann filter. This is due to where those filters are being constructe
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by CR94 @ 38 minutes 31 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: horse123... Locking = the wheels spin at exactly the same speed and get exactly the same amount of torque... Open = the wheel with the least traction gets pretty much all of the torque, ... Corrections: Locking = both wheel
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by FlyNavyP3 @ 42 minutes 6 seconds ago

Sorry hit post too fast. The positraction was a name used by GM. Mopar called theirs SureGrip. Just trade names. Limited slips are not disengaged at speed with the exception of the Gov-Lock. True mechanical lockers are also not disengaged at speed.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: RIP Greg Lake by NormanBuntz @ 45 minutes 48 seconds ago

It's been a bad couple of months for musicians passing.
Jump to new posts Re: Locking, limited-slip, and positrac by FlyNavyP3 @ 46 minutes 0 seconds ago

I'll take a stab at this... An open differential will allow one tire to turn slower than the drivetrain but never faster, so in a corner it's actually powering the outer wheel. When one tire starts to spin it doesn't get all the torque, the other t
Jump to new posts Re: GM's new 9 speed 9T50 by SubLGT @ 51 minutes 41 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8I heard all of the above nonsense when 4 speed OD slushboxes debuted... When CAFE gets eliminated next year, 4-Speed auto transmissions will be all the rage again.
Gas Engine Alternate Fuels
Jump to new posts Re: Ethanol Mandate Increased by ZeeOSix @ 56 minutes 15 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: turtlevetteOriginally Posted By: ZeeOSixHere's another possible ugly wrinkle ... the CAFE targets down the road may not necessarily be with E15 in mind. If that's the case, then it just makes the CAFE requirements even tougher
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 0W/20 EP; 10,139 Miles, 2005 Civic 1.7 by Rolla07 @ 57 minutes 35 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: dblshockOriginally Posted By: DuckRyderOriginally Posted By: dblshocknice, what sort of driving on the report? The use of this car really doesn't change much, it is mixed highway/suburban. It does usually get good and warm.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Didn't Even Know These Existed (VW Passat) by rooflessVW @ 59 minutes 0 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: 2004tdiglsyou are partially correct and I am partially wrong the cylinder arrangements are totally different in the w8 and audi v8 however the rear engine, ridiculously expensive to repair timing chain systems ($5000) are virt
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 2012 528i xDrive Oil Change by umungus1122 @ Today at 10:46 PM

Originally Posted By: rooflessVWOriginally Posted By: jaygGlad I don't commute on those roads with you. Yikes. I guess I'd get the cheapest of those oils and save the rest for a traffic lawyer. Here we go again. Do you have anything RELEVANT to
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil making huge changes across the lineup by Daniel_Plainview @ Today at 10:40 PM

I'm not sure if I understand the question,sir.
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Originally Posted By: mk378Turning all the way to the left doesn't do it? Nope
Turning all the way to the left doesn't do it?
Jump to new posts Re: Oil burning hemi by 008wagon @ Today at 10:31 PM

Ordered a new mopar pcv valve to try . Currently have one from napa in there. . Hopefully it makes a difference . I've had had the original one and this napa one .
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Bullet Photos by AMC @ Today at 10:30 PM

Originally Posted By: bubbatimeI've always been a ballistics sponge. Reading, learning, and shooting gel blocks and pigs to see what works, what doesnt. The 5.7 didn't pan out. It's not a .22 Magnum, but you couldn't really tell the difference. Yes i
Originally Posted By: Daniel_PlainviewI agree with his prediction. However, I am going to go with 6 months (vs 12) that Shell will understand the error of their ways. I personally could care less about packaging, as I am buying what's inside, not
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Wix vs Purolator "One" by ted s @ Today at 10:16 PM

i will be in my moms basement wearing my foil hat
Jump to new posts Re: NAPA synthetic - why so cheap? by aquariuscsm @ Today at 10:15 PM

Yeah plus there's no Synpower 15W50,only 20W50,so the formula is definitely different,plus Valvoline themselves told in in an email that Napa and Synpower are not the same oils.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Investors....come in please! by gfh77665 @ Today at 10:14 PM

We going to bust DJIA - 20K, pretty soon. Maybe before the New Year comes, just maybe.
Jump to new posts Re: BMW 2012 528i xDrive Oil Change by rooflessVW @ Today at 10:14 PM

Originally Posted By: jaygGlad I don't commute on those roads with you. Yikes. I guess I'd get the cheapest of those oils and save the rest for a traffic lawyer. Here we go again. Do you have anything RELEVANT to add?
Page 1 of 265 1 2 3 ... 264 265 >