Recent Topics
Trans Flush Advice
by Local Color
09/26/16 12:04 AM
Supertech ST4386
by goodtimes
09/25/16 11:49 PM
Horizontally and vertically mounted oil filters?
by dx92beater
09/25/16 09:13 PM
Tall extension ladders for gutter cleaning
by JHZR2
09/25/16 09:01 PM
Schaeffer oil
by J57
09/25/16 08:48 PM
Arnold Palmer
by SaturnIonVue
09/25/16 08:05 PM
Buying oil tomorrow,please help me decide
by mrjlube
09/25/16 07:28 PM
Change Oil light- Condition not mileage- accurate?
by gallydif
09/25/16 07:11 PM
Possible rust areas on 2015 Ford F250
by Donald
09/25/16 06:39 PM
Drives under Ubuntu need periodic optimization?
by Quattro Pete
09/25/16 05:34 PM
Pennzoil Platinum darkens quickly
by Run
09/25/16 05:33 PM
Dye old carpet, longevity
by cptbarkey
09/25/16 05:25 PM
Newest Members
Robin2, kylemaro, Lotheron, J57, PatCon
59190 Registered Users
Who's Online
38 registered (asiancivicmaniac, 4x4le, 4WD, BigJakeChevy, Bandito440, 5 invisible), 1152 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
59190 Members
66 Forums
254929 Topics
4187259 Posts

Max Online: 2862 @ 07/07/14 03:10 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Re: High temp 75w140 for Ford Explorer? by Local Color @ 12 minutes 44 seconds ago

How do you like that Flex with the twin turbos? Cool Ride
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Pennzoil Platinum darkens quickly by zeng @ 13 minutes 28 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: RunYou could call me old school as I always used color to determine when I would change my oil. I'm old school too. I use color (say,goldenish hue)and smell(normal,say) as basis to 'further' an oil's continuing serviceability
Items For Sale
Jump to new posts Re: 2 FREE MC FL-910S by ryanschillinger @ 14 minutes 41 seconds ago

Was that a joke? Nothing criminal about exchanging a product for store credit.
ATF, Differential, Trans, Brakes, P/S
Jump to new posts Trans Flush Advice by Local Color @ 15 minutes 15 seconds ago

AW-71 on a red block volvo - 170k Trans service at around 75k What is the story about trans flushes being bad? I have a hard time buying that they will destroy the trans because of dissolved gunk.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Horizontally and vertically mounted oil filters? by 4WD @ 17 minutes 25 seconds ago

Vertical? Inverted? Bad idea?
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Arnold Palmer by bvance554 @ 17 minutes 53 seconds ago

My favorite Arnold Palmer story; Friend has a job interview. It is a lunch interview. The interviewer, aka hiring manager orders an Arnold Palmer. My friend is like wow, I like this place already. I'll have a Jack and Coke please. The manager c
Detail and Wax
Jump to new posts Re: Polished the Accord today... by ryanschillinger @ 19 minutes 17 seconds ago

I know it's tough, but maybe try to not obsess over a perfect, scratch-free finish 365 days a year. Treat it to a polish once in a great while, but keep a good coat of sealant on it. Spray wax after every wash. That should make the paint last a lo
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: 2004 Suburban Z71 by BigJakeChevy @ Yesterday at 11:59 PM

This is exactly what i did. I bypassed added another cooler with fan and i alway keep the tow/haul mode on and overdrive off!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: BOOM- Yeti this, Yeti that, Yeti Yeit by 4WD @ Yesterday at 11:58 PM

Two engineers were debating at lunch over Yeti vs another brand. Finally one of them asked me what I used - said for the money you spent I bought a Kenmore chest freezer and keep it full of ice and frozen water bottles. Even put the ice back after fi
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Supertech ST4386 by goodtimes @ Yesterday at 11:49 PM

I cut the super tech open awhile back. I didn't like much about it. The ADBV was made of this odd rubbery material that wasn't very springy, retains it's shape. The one picture I bent the lip to show how it isn't very springy and has a bad memory. I
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol 0w40 vs Motul XCess 8100 5w40 base oil by Garak @ Yesterday at 11:46 PM

No problem. With the Delvac 1 I use, for instance, I pay $5 to $6 a litre for it, which is an extraordinary deal up here. A certain big equipment company here buys it from the same supplier for half of what I pay, because of the quantities they pur
Mechanical /Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Change Oil light- Condition not mileage- accurate? by bvance554 @ Yesterday at 11:44 PM

Originally Posted By: gallydif I checked the owners manual and to my surprise, the light comes on by determining the condition of the oil instead of by the mileage. Thats not what it says. It says it determines the condition of your oil based on
Foods/Cooking/Beverages
Jump to new posts Re: Matcha tea? by Garak @ Yesterday at 11:42 PM

You try it yet? I don't know a pile about matcha; black tea is my thing. Teavana's pricing is a little higher than my usual supplier, plus they use some artificial flavours when they really shouldn't be, like in Earl Grey. I would think that shoul
Jump to new posts Re: Tempted to go 2 OLM's on 1 oil change by 4WD @ Yesterday at 11:41 PM

My GM OLM always gets me to 7k or more ... The OnStar feed of all that info is handy too ...
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tall extension ladders for gutter cleaning by daves87rs @ Yesterday at 11:40 PM

One reason I am glad to have a one story... Even then, I am o so careful cleaning my gutters....not a fan of heights myself!
Jump to new posts Re: Castrol 0w40 vs Motul XCess 8100 5w40 base oil by NocturnalG @ Yesterday at 11:38 PM

Originally Posted By: GarakCheck the Castrol MSDS again. While we must remember that an MSDS is not a recipe, I see nothing in there indicating that this is a primarily Group III product, and I see indications that there is PAO in it, on top of all
Used Oil Analysis - Gasoline
Jump to new posts Re: Neglected car- Unknown oil '95 Caprice 5.7l LT1 by Ohle_Manezzini @ Yesterday at 11:35 PM

I agree, I'd also hand clean it, at least the head that was oppened and disturbed, but he's running the engine like that, 800 miles after bolt on and pray. Good luck for him.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: BOOM- Yeti this, Yeti that, Yeti Yeit by bvance554 @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

My 20 year old Coleman does a pretty good job at keeping things cool. A Yeti might have a little better insulation, but ice is cheap. I can even stand on my Coleman... should I ever find a need to stand on a cooler.
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Trying to teach someone to drive stick... by asiancivicmaniac @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

So this is definitely something I can comment on. I just learned how to drive a manual recently (1.5 months ago). I, like your friend, wanted a Fiesta ST, which only comes with a 6 speed. I didn't know anyone who could teach me. I watched a bunch of
Used Oil Analysis - Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: BMW X5 35d 9700mi D1 LE 5W30 by Garak @ Yesterday at 11:33 PM

Originally Posted By: UltrafanUKThe big issue I have about people that boast about deleting emissions control gear is that you are setting a bad example in a public forum. Most of the folks that then follow your example will fail to declare the modif
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: BROWNS break my heart today by andrewp1998 @ Yesterday at 11:31 PM

Originally Posted By: car51Yeah, well GIANTS have Patriots #. BROWNS have nobody's # as look how Many QB's they destroyed in what 3 seasons Oh really? Last time I checked the Pats beat the Giants!
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Tall extension ladders for gutter cleaning by SVTCobra @ Yesterday at 11:28 PM

Personally I would get the ladder. If you are afraid of it staying stable, you can get stabilizer bars that keep the ladder from swaying side to side.
Jump to new posts Re: Tempted to go 2 OLM's on 1 oil change by zeng @ Yesterday at 11:25 PM

Originally Posted By: nascarnationDon't waste money on UOAs, just ................ +1 Use Blotter Spot Test instead, it works well and it's free. 10K OCI's in OP's Toyota would likely produce good wear rates, assuming engine condition is normal.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Horizontally and vertically mounted oil filters? by BHopkins @ Yesterday at 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By: eljefinoA vertically mounted filter could be pre-filled without it dripping out. Same as a drink glass. Ah! Not so quick, my friend. You are assuming that a vertically mounted filter has the mounting plate up. Not always t
Racing Oils/Engines/Cars/Teams/Drivers
Jump to new posts Re: Liberty Media buys F1 for $8 billion by Garak @ Yesterday at 11:20 PM

Originally Posted By: IndydriverFerrari certainly would not veto a return to NA. And, getting rid of turbos doesn't mean they have to get rid of an electric boost motor. Maybe the hybrid output could be the key offset to a multiple cylinder formula.
Page 1 of 60 1 2 3 ... 59 60 >