by buck91
02/21/17 11:49 PM
Wilson branded alternators? any good?
by Mr_Accord
02/21/17 10:59 PM
2013 Civic low speed hesitation
by Dohc98vteC
02/21/17 10:36 PM
Letís discuss high mileage modern engine life...
by Owenslee
02/21/17 09:40 PM
Sunoco about to join the Top Tier List
by Tdbo
02/21/17 09:34 PM
Blower + mods require higher end oil?
by c5z06
02/21/17 09:01 PM
ball joints
by mobilaltima
02/21/17 08:34 PM
Racor Pff54529
by BrianF
02/21/17 08:24 PM
Semi load of corvettes
by 04SE
02/21/17 08:16 PM
Vinyl repair
by mjoekingz28
02/21/17 08:05 PM
2000 Dodge Caravan won't start and no fuel pressure?
by Rock_Hudstone
02/21/17 08:02 PM
Homemade additive?
by Birdman476
02/21/17 07:42 PM
Newest Members
EvelynJane, anwar5557, mitsu4me, Samrsnow, Ozlander
60607 Registered Users
Who's Online
90 registered (4WD, A310, 91e30181, A1O, 64bawagon, 379KITTY, 4 invisible), 2007 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60607 Members
66 Forums
261405 Topics
4312055 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by kschachn @ 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: OVERKILLThis ties into something that Shannow mentioned, which was that if test truly was some quick way to screen oils for protection then OEM's like VW, who have had wear issues in the past, would be lining up to throw money a
"How would these oil perform in extreme cold climates or hot climates? High humidity? Doing the tests for racing makes sense, but going by this test for daily drivers to me doesn't make sense. To many variables. You really want to find out what
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by Quattro Pete @ 33 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Rat407So if that is the case, then the test wouldn't prove anything for the every day driver that changes oil at extended intervals, correct? Correct.
Jump to new posts Re: New Mobil 1 at Wal-Mart 20k Mile by wemay @ 34 seconds ago

They just put it on the shelf at the Walmart near me too. $49.xx.
Originally Posted By: 91e30181Originally Posted By: DuckRyderOriginally Posted By: 91e30181Originally Posted By: DuckRyderWhat to do to quiet a galled camshaft is to replace the camshaft and followers/lifters/adjusters (whatever it has). Anything el
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade additive? by Linctex @ 1 minute 53 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Dyusik1 qt ATF in diesel is my buddies remedy to keep injectors in his trucks forever. ATF can actually hurt lubrication properties in diesel fuel. He's possibly making it worse!
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese vs American cars by 4WD @ 4 minutes 30 seconds ago

You can run them forever but at what point is it not the original car and you are bragging on what ? - the repair industry and related parts ? ** To me - with skill sets in hand - BrocL is a wiser shopper taking them from 100k to 200k or when it just
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by Rat407 @ 4 minutes 34 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Quattro PeteOriginally Posted By: Rat407I wonder if he could test all the same oils again, say after they have been used for 5k miles. That is, run each one in the same engine for 5k miles and then put them through the test. How
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: No spark B&S Intek 205cc by Chris Meutsch @ 4 minutes 54 seconds ago

Old fuel? Perhaps the commutator corroded up?
Jump to new posts Re: Blower + mods require higher end oil? by Linctex @ 5 minutes 36 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: c5z06Being that it is a stock short block, nothing is too fancy. There will be more force on the downward stroke due to power levels/boost, so I see that stressing the oil between the bearings more (or am I just crazy?). I will
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by CT8 @ 6 minutes 16 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ShannowLol..antidote Be nice !!
Firearms: Lubes, Cleaners, & Maintenance
Jump to new posts Re: Great Western? by Robenstein @ 8 minutes 4 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: grampiI emailed APW and they responded. They said $320 to strip plating and re-blue... Well that is certainly still cheaper than 500 as your one gunsmith quoted.
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts No spark B&S Intek 205cc by Oldmoparguy1 @ 9 minutes 43 seconds ago

Motor is over 10 years old. Has not been run for ~3 years. Always run perfectly. Got it out of storage and and no start. A quick check indicates no spark. Has a nearly new plug, installed shortly before it was laid up. Tested the grounding wire at th
OTC and Third Party Oil Additives
Jump to new posts Re: List an oil Additive you'd use / No Comments by ebr1190rx @ 11 minutes 14 seconds ago

Kreen and lubegard biotech
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by 4WD @ 12 minutes 28 seconds ago

That non appropriate Amsoil test really soured me - so even for niche products like transfer case I'm going Redline - for pumpkin - Delvac 1 ... To me - a company that has a large leg in the industrial lubricant sector knows how to blend and test gea
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: 2013 Civic low speed hesitation by CT8 @ 13 minutes 38 seconds ago

When is a "tune up" supposed to be done.
Vehicles
Jump to new posts Re: Japanese vs American cars by FutureDoc @ 13 minutes 58 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: CujetI like facts. Truedelta.com contains extensive reliability data for all common makes and models. At my request, they took the data and were able to group cars within model generations and by overall model and brand reliabil
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Very Infrequently Used Truck / Maintenance by Chris Meutsch @ 14 minutes 42 seconds ago

How has no one said "charge the battery" yet? Use a charger, NOT the alternator.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M4612 oil filter TORN! CUT OPEN by kschachn @ 14 minutes 46 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: A1OPer the mighty rep all m and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to are specs. Max guard filters are Bosch distance plus filters labeled max guard xl the regular m-series filters a jobber quality What? Translate please.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: 2003 Chevy Tahoe by CT8 @ 15 minutes 47 seconds ago

All that matters is that the oil filter doesn't fail. Worry about the air cleaner and intake seal.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: M4612 oil filter TORN! CUT OPEN by A1O @ 17 minutes 9 seconds ago

Per the mighty rep all m and Max Guard filters are made by Purolator to are specs. Max guard filters are Bosch distance plus filters labeled max guard xl the regular m-series filters a jobber quality
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Letís discuss high mileage modern engine life... by CT8 @ 17 minutes 19 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: ThaxIm no expert on the coyote by any means. As far as modern engine durability is concerned, I think really it is a combination of factors. Many new cars are built now with direct injection turbocharged engines. I would be hesi
Jump to new posts Re: Blower + mods require higher end oil? by mazdamonky @ 18 minutes 32 seconds ago

Valvoline synpower is a high end oil. I would just run something rated a3/b4 or xw40 and call it a day.
Jump to new posts Re: 540 Rat Blog - QSUD better than Mobil 1 by OVERKILL @ 19 minutes 22 seconds ago

This really is not much different than AMSOIL's 4-ball wear scar test. Based on that metric, AMSOIL has no equal, right? Except that's not right, because the test they use, which is a standardized ASTM testing protocol, is designed for gear oils; i
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Re: Harbor Freight Lift by DuckRyder @ 19 minutes 25 seconds ago

I have both the Harbor Freight lift and a Craftsman MC jack. The lift is superior for almost everything and more secure/stable. You may want to change or modify the clamp/chock on the lift though. I stand my lift up against a wall and it takes up l
Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 ... 70 71 >