by guitarandoil67
Today at 05:25 PM
Homemade Anode Rod ? RUST Prevention
by larryinnewyork
Today at 05:11 PM
Kawasaki K-Tech
by vronline
Today at 05:11 PM
The unanswered ? - how do buyers check quality?
by edwardh1
Today at 04:12 PM
Vinyl Siding Problem from Get Go
by HosteenJorje
Today at 03:45 PM
FRAM FPS-3614 VIRGIN FILTER CUT OPEN
by car51
Today at 02:06 PM
Valvoline MaxLife 5W40 VOA
by zoli
Today at 01:27 PM
Platinum
by Dylan1303
Today at 12:57 PM
2008 Maxima with 96k (oil recommendation please)
by AshleyQuick
Today at 12:44 PM
Looking At A Chevrolet Trax
by Red91
Today at 12:17 PM
Want a good laugh? Auto Zone experience...
by sasilverbullet
Today at 12:06 PM
STP S 10060XL, 8,000 miles CUT OPEN
by car51
Today at 12:02 PM
Kendall GT-1 Full Synthetic is back!
by boom10ful
Today at 11:57 AM
Residual Water
by JBinKC
Today at 11:27 AM
Newest Members
robjust, DGW44, thot1414, Crimson, JeffMeager
60640 Registered Users
Who's Online
89 registered (4WD, 87sammy, aquariuscsm, Alex_V, 3800Series, 8 invisible), 1561 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Stats
60640 Members
66 Forums
261560 Topics
4315322 Posts

Max Online: 3590 @ 01/24/17 08:07 PM
Donate to BITOG
Active Topics | Active Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hours | Past 48 hours | Past 7 days
Forum   Subject
Fuels and Fuel Additives: Gasoline and Diesel
Jump to new posts Re: TCW 3 in 4 stroke gas by Birdman476 @ 20 seconds ago

To clarify, i just ran this redline sl 1 and tcw3 mix once as a maintenance dose. i plan on 6 ounces per fill up of the 26 gallon tank.
Mechanical/Maintenance Forum
Jump to new posts Re: Rear main seal R&R cost by Nick1994 @ 3 minutes 53 seconds ago

If you need a picture for how the alternator bolts back up I can snap some pics
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Oil filter advice for Toyota Matrix 2ZRFE by Dumc87 @ 7 minutes 7 seconds ago

So I've been using the K&N 7021 oil filter, which I thought was a great filter, until I read tonight that K&N isn't quite what they use to be. So now I'm looking at substitute filters and kind of getting my head scrambled LOL Any advice on
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Napa Gold Filters Half Price Filter Sale GR, MI by penataquit @ 7 minutes 13 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: andrewp1998Hopefully its the old stash since the newer WIX ones are made in China since the [censored] buyout:( What are you talking about? This is the first I've heard about Wix products being made in China, what's your source
Cooling System Fluids & Additives
Jump to new posts Re: Residual Water by propuckstopper @ 11 minutes 45 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: Starman2112Why not just play it safe by mixing the coolant and distilled water before pouring them into the engine? Correct. You can even use a cheap water pitcher to do this task. Many cheap dollar store pitchers have gradu
Jump to new posts Re: Valvetrain pics - Pontiac Vibe by car51 @ 12 minutes 12 seconds ago

Looks very good as bbhero mentioned and solid plan with VWB
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: C/O 12k Km OCI M1 M108 Winter by Stewie @ 13 minutes 6 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitogWow that is tiny, but it held up well. Definitely good for 7k miles. What oil did you use, and what did you replace it with? Replaced with FU and 0w20 M1
Jump to new posts Re: 3800 V6 Upper Intake Manifolds by Trav @ 15 minutes 57 seconds ago

Thanks a lot for that I had no idea they had been discontinued. I will ask at the dealer on Monday and if they are I will order 2 sets to have on hand, the part number for GM is 89017816.
Jump to new posts Re: Valvetrain pics - Pontiac Vibe by dgunay @ 16 minutes 2 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: FarmerHave you done anything with the PCV yet? Changed the PCV two weeks ago.
Jump to new posts Re: Valvetrain pics - Pontiac Vibe by Farmer @ 19 minutes 13 seconds ago

Have you done anything with the PCV yet?
Jump to new posts Re: Rear main seal R&R cost by supton @ 20 minutes 8 seconds ago

Water pump on. Alternator won't go back in. Time to call it for the night, I'm pooped.
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want a good laugh? Auto Zone experience... by aquariuscsm @ 20 minutes 30 seconds ago

Haha you can never win an argument with people like that. Just agree agree and go "Whoa! Forreal?? Thanks for letting me know!!".
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: STP S 10060XL, 8,000 miles CUT OPEN by salcuta88 @ 20 minutes 32 seconds ago

I have one of these on my car right now. They are $10 a piece, but if you get them with an oil change special, you snatch a pretty good deal.
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 M1-104 cut 18,000 miles Pennzoil Platinum by guitarandoil67 @ 21 minutes 49 seconds ago

Engine has no varnish, its at 66k miles and always ran Pennzoil Platinum around a 10k change interval with this filter, just got a little away from me this time, 18k on this change. But also lighting has some effect im sure. she commutes to work. to
Motorcycles and Motorcycle Lubrication
Jump to new posts Happy B-day Joey Dunlop by 02SE @ 22 minutes 37 seconds ago

A tribute to the king of the roads, Yer Maun, Joey Dunlop
Jump to new posts Re: Valvetrain pics - Pontiac Vibe by bbhero @ 22 minutes 42 seconds ago

This does look rather good indeed. Those motors are really very strong and do well. I like the idea of Valvoline plan you have.
Jump to new posts Re: TCW 3 in 4 stroke gas by Rand @ 22 minutes 58 seconds ago

IMO 300:1 is too much.. try 500:1 or 600:1
Lawn Mower and Small Engine
Jump to new posts Re: How do you keep bottom of mower deck clean? by aquariuscsm @ 23 minutes 26 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: BigCahunaWax it when it's new, then hose it off after you use it. Keeping it stored in a shed or garage will help keep it from rotting away.,, That's exactly what I do
Automotive General Topics
Jump to new posts Re: Want a good laugh? Auto Zone experience... by HoosierJeeper @ 24 minutes 8 seconds ago

My local Autozone and Oreilly's are pretty good, with a good staff. Local Advance has some strange but usually helpful people. The Napa is here a joke, terrible customer service. They charge shipping on parts from the warehouse, take a week to get th
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 M1-104 cut 18,000 miles Pennzoil Platinum by demarpaint @ 26 minutes 20 seconds ago

That filter held up just fine. They are a very good filter, but the price has slowly been creeping up which prompted me to swing over to Fram Ultras for the time being. Is it me or the lighting? It looks like that oil did some varnish removal based
Passenger Car Motor Oil (PCMO) - Gasoline Cars/Pickups/Vans/SUVs
Jump to new posts Re: Oil advice for a 1996 Land Cruiser by 02SE @ 27 minutes 2 seconds ago

I used Mobil 10w30 in my FZJ 80 (with front and rear locking diffs, and ARB Bullbar and Warn winch) from it's first oil change, until I sold it 5 years later. I sold it to a neighbor, and it's still running around with no issues, just regular mainten
Jump to new posts Valvetrain pics - Pontiac Vibe by dgunay @ 28 minutes 4 seconds ago

Just wanted to share valvetrain pics while changing the valve cover gasket. It's a Toyota 1ZZ-FE engine, 296300 km (184000 miles). This is the first time that I am working on a Toyota engine, and I have to admit it is pretty easy compared to a Honda
Engine Oil Filters
Jump to new posts Re: Mobil 1 M1-104 cut 18,000 miles Pennzoil Platinum by guitarandoil67 @ 28 minutes 16 seconds ago

Yes got a little away from me, she runs up miles so fast commuting to work. Oil didn't look bad, dark but not overly thick and no sludge, Engine has been run on Pennzoil Platinum since new.
Jump to new posts Re: Hyundai GDI - Fuel System Cleaner by WhizkidTN @ 28 minutes 29 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: JustinHNot to mention that the cost of the ultra is double the cost of an OEM hyundai filter. These cars have 3750 oil change intervals, so I buy a lot of filters per year. Yesterday afternoon I took my hyundai out for lunch a
General and Off Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Homemade Anode Rod ? RUST Prevention by 3800Series @ 29 minutes 12 seconds ago

Originally Posted By: DuckedOriginally Posted By: eljefinoLeave well enough alone. Your pump is probably rusting from the humidity of a damp basement more than the actual water that surrounds it. Can you possibly be unaware that this makes absol
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 ... 30 31 >