Yo! Starsky,

[Linked Image]

Seen on the way to work yesterday.

20200702_141737.jpg

The Striped Tomato!! I never missed that show when I was a kid... Remember having the Matchbox model of this one and Kojak's Buick, among others...

Last edited:
You may need new glasses.
lol.gif

32.gif
When I waited at the bus stop as a middle schooler, circa 1990, there was a spoiled rich kid who went to one of those montessorri learn-at-no-pace schools up the road from me, and he had a crash-bumper torino. I can imagine his parents buying it thinking their precious hellion would be safe in two-plus tons of american steel, and darn the other guy.

He always turned the corner then floored it through 2nd gear off towards the school. I never heard him hit 3rd-- he spent most of a mile in 2nd. Probably had 2.56 gears or something. Utter malaise.

Just watched that movie this weekend. Tried to keep count of how many they ruined by the end of the movie. Love that car.

Originally Posted by WylieCoyote
Tried to keep count of how many they ruined by the end of the movie.

Kind of like The Duke boys if you like MOPARS
15.gif

LOL small world.

That guy is friends with my buddy Eric in Chicago, Who we both share this car in common
wink.gif

My "Turbo boostin" buddy for last 17 years
thumbsup2.gif
Van Nuys built 1982 Trans Am WS6 305 Crossfire (Running on M1 HM 10W40/Lubegard biotech)

And Few years ago I was given GM invoice on one of the original cars and found out my car built same month as the actual ones used on the show
thumbsup2.gif
wink.gif

And yes it talks
wink.gif

[Linked Image]

Dave

Last edited:
Back