WTB - 1050 video card

My youngest likes to play fornite etc, we have a HP with a small Power Supply, Anyone has an old 1050 PCIe video card laying they want to off load, I checked feebay and nearly had a coronary on the prices of used cards. I can offer smoked salmon, good karma, or Ching Ching ;-)

The 1050 card use to be the king of fakes on eBay, despite the card being on the low end making you wonder why anyone would bother.

I have a lot of video cards. Let me look through them, I think I have a 1050. I know I have plenty of geforce 970's and 980's if you have a decent power supply. It will be tomorrow or saturday when I get to the office

oil, Waiting for turkey day to get a new pc, can't believe the prices of PC parts. sky, the current PowerSupply on the pc is limiting the choice of videocard, hence I am opting for an older one to get a little bit more definition. beer, Stash of video cards, lol, I like it. :-) anything better than onboard intel video will make my 9 year old really happy! I think 1050 is the max I go with onboard PS, I can add a secondary PS run PCIe power to the card if it has a plug for it. split, Geforce now, I will have to check it out. might be a bit too complicated for youngest ;-) I wanted to give my youngest a few months to play the games and see if that is something that is a lasting interest. With covid, the entire class and their siblings and friends are on the gaming network mostly chatting and cross playing. For them it is mostly therapeutic to be able to connect. Some of them are into fornite and looking to start playing COD Warzone, pubg etc. Thanks guys!

geforce now is free to $5 a month. cloud rendering of the game. perfect for gaming on anything. laptop, integrated graphics desktop, etc. could try the free option.. there are some limits but not too bad.

Originally Posted by stockrex
oil, Waiting for turkey day to get a new pc, can't believe the prices of PC parts. sky, the current PowerSupply on the pc is limiting the choice of videocard, hence I am opting for an older one to get a little bit more definition. beer, Stash of video cards, lol, I like it. :-) anything better than onboard intel video will make my 9 year old really happy! I think 1050 is the max I go with onboard PS, I can add a secondary PS run PCIe power to the card if it has a plug for it. Thanks guys!
Got just the power supply for you smile will run your son's card and 4+ more LOL [Linked Image] [Linked Image] so I looked around my office today (my home one) and I have 2 580's a 1080ti and a 290x the 290x needs a small hydroelectric plant to keep it running so that probably wont work smile and the others are available but probably to high end. I'm sure I have a better selection in my other office so I'll keep looking.

Last edited:
Did you want me to start looking for my nearest hydroelectric plant? ;-) HP server PS with a breakout card, nice, I had to look it up, they are very popular with the bit coin mining crowd. Can't believe how efficient those PSs are, 94% just unreal. Thanks for looking! [playing background music from Jaws] let's see what you find.

TBH, especially for the intended use, I'd look at a Geforce 970 or 980. They're the last gen cards so have come down in price a fair bit, but still hold their own and TBH I'd still take either over a low end 1000 series card. I have a 1070 in my very under-used gaming PC(a repurposed dual CPU Dell workstation) and paid around $200 for it boxed and only tested but never "hammered" used from a good friend. I was surprised when I was researching that card that even though it's better in some ways than the 970, the 970 can still trade blows with it and the 980 is better in some respects. Of course all of these cards are a bit power hungry, but I consider them great value for the dollar.

Ok back from the office. I grabbed 6 cards
2 1080 hybrid
1 980
1 1050
I think a 580 and a 480

If you are still interested LMK and we can agree on terms

I will list stuff out in a bit

Beercan,

What are the dimensions of the 1050 pls?

I getting my fishing rig ready to head out to catch some Chinook to throw on the smoker ;-)
Thanks for digging them up.

I really need to build a new pc, market is all cray cray.

Beercan,

If no one else claims it, I'd be seriously interested in the 980 and/or possibly the 1080. PM me!

Thanks!

7" x 4.5" seems about what it is.

I have a new threadripper FS that has never been out of the box. and a super high end MB

What are you looking to get for one of the 1080ti's by chance? Also if possible do you know the age/use of the card if the Hybrid is a water-cooled model I believe those where known to have issues with permeation.

Yeah, low-mid range cards are absurdly overpriced right now. I would recommend craigslist or facebook marketplace for starters. You might get lucky with someone selling one for a fair price. You can get OEM RX460's for $60 or so. Don't limit yourself to just the 1050. Does he have any card at all right now or just running intel graphics?

intel graphics
I am getting a new rig for my child but want to wait till the new gen cards come out in a few months.
thanks, I will check craigs, I see BB has amd cards for $130, might just pick one up and get a new PS also,
The latter is what I was trying to avoid ;-)

intel graphics
I am getting a new rig for my child but want to wait till the new gen cards come out in a few months.
thanks, I will check craigs, I see BB has amd cards for $130, might just pick one up and get a new PS also,
The latter is what I was trying to avoid ;-)
You'd be surprised what you can run on a stock OEM power supply. Assuming it's not less than 250 watts.

This would do okay with Fortnite https://www.bestbuy.com/site/xfx-am...aphics-card-black-red/6370909.p?skuId=6370909

Last edited: