Would you run these oils in a 6.7 cummins?

Why not use an oil specifically formulated for diesel engines and modern emissions system friendly.

I don't know what the engine specifies but this seems like a misapplication if I have ever seen one.

No need to order euro oils when walmart should carry a more appropriate choice.

Hey guys do you see any issues with running these oils in a new 2019 + 6.7 cummins or 2018 and earlier 6.7 cummins?

Pentosin 5w40

Liqui Moly

15k miles changes few times a year pulling 10k - 15k lb.

These oils are extremely expensive! You can almost get 2 gallons of Delvac or Rotella T6 for 1 of these. I use Delvac 1300 in my 2012 Ram Cummins. I know many others use Rotella T4, T5 or T6 and there is a big following for Valvoline because it is Cummins endorsed... These motors are too expensive to mess around with oil.

Just my $0.02

Take the cost out of this, the oil is made for BMW, Audi an MB diesel engines. Noone thinks this will work just fine?

Take the cost out of this, the oil is made for BMW, Audi an MB diesel engines. Noone thinks this will work just fine?
These are primarily gasser oils (API SN) with some diesel approvals. No, i don't think it will be as appropriate (nor is it approved) for a Cummins.

I'm using Rotella T4 in my '17, which mostly pulls a 26k+ lb 5th wheel. No issues, and the engine is the last thing I'd be concerned with.

I'd be inclined to use an oil recommended for your truck.

Neither of those oils have the required CK-4 rating, nor even the Cummins CES 20086 rating for DPF equipped diesel engines-you want a 5W40 diesel rated for your engine, good examples are Mobil Delvac 1 ESP (or even TDT), Valvoline Premium Blue Extreme, Shell Rotella T6, or Delo XSP full syn 5W40. The ones you mentioned are Euro diesel oils and are not approved for use in a Cummins (although they likely won't blow it up either).

Hey guys do you see any issues with running these oils in a new 2019 + 6.7 cummins or 2018 and earlier 6.7 cummins?

Pentosin 5w40

Liqui Moly

15k miles changes few times a year pulling 10k - 15k lb.
Wheat makes you want to use this oil?

To really answer your question is if someone have used it long term. You be hard pressed to find someone to pay more for unapproved oil and doing a UOA. If you really insist on it, maybe that what you should do.

I'm a UPS semi mechanic. I also work on the yard shifter trucks. Those are the trucks that move semi trailers around sort hubs. They have a Cummins 6.7 in them with a lower output engine vs whats in a Ram truck and an Allison automatic. Delo 15W40 is what those trucks get. I've seen one last over 30K HOURS on the original engine. 25K hours is the norm.
Worry about the emissions system. Don't be old school thinking you need to let your diesel sit and warm up before driving it.
And don't let it sit and idle for prolonged periods.
In fact, the newest yard shifter trucks only run X minutes without a butt in the seat because prolonged idling makes more soot and
that mucks up the emissions components much faster than driving under load.

Thanks Skyactiv, the truck will see some idle time as drivers will need heat or ac when resting. From what I see is the EGR issues around 200k miles and the exhaust manifold issues around the same mileage. This one is 360hp and 800ftlb so its not the high output but it does have aisin transmission I will run 15w40 in summer and 5w40 in winter with 10 to 15k changes. The truck should see somewhere around 10k miles a month.

Back