WOULD MEMBERS PLEASE...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

I personally try to make at least 3 useful, constructive posts for every sarcastic one. Some days I'm successful
smile.gif

Eh....;)

To be honest I have not done a UOA since I have owned a 3800. My current cars minus the Malibu really don't need it. I just change the oil in the Malibu at 5000ish miles

The UOA were only helpful for me to detect coolant.

After the guy posted the stellar UOA with the blown motor I kind of gave up.

Originally Posted by SubieRubyRoo

I personally try to make at least 3 useful, constructive posts for every sarcastic one. Some days I'm successful
smile.gif

That takes too much effort, just be sarcastic and constructive in every post.

See, easy to do
thumbsup2.gif

Originally Posted by Marco620
Originally Posted by atikovi
Originally Posted by Char Baby
...stop making comments in a thread that offer no value to the OP or even pertaining to the original question. Or comments filled with sarcasm.

Isn't that what mods are for?

Only idiots need to be moderated/governed. If I fall off topic it's the add but I'm not gonna blame it or apologize for having it lol.

:Scratches head:

Your posts are fine. I think most posts are fine.

I find that people who complain too much about things are simply feeding the trolls. NOT worth my time or attention.

If anything, I'll provide a few snarky responses to a troll, if it amuses me, but then move on when there's no positive benefit.

Originally Posted by Trav
You already know the answer to that so unless you are a fanboy and jump on the bandwagon its not worth posting in it.

I've been using a particular filter model on our cars for a while now and am happy about it. I don't think I've posted what filter it is. I've mentioned the oil and viscosity that I use in my G35X (in fact, you 'convinced' me to use it) only rarely.

Originally Posted by hallstevenson
Originally Posted by Trav
You already know the answer to that so unless you are a fanboy and jump on the bandwagon its not worth posting in it.

I've been using a particular filter model on our cars for a while now and am happy about it. I don't think I've posted what filter it is. I've mentioned the oil and viscosity that I use in my G35X (in fact, you 'convinced' me to use it) only rarely.

Can we please stay on-topic!!!!!

...about being off-topic.
crackmeup2.gif

...stop making comments in a thread that offer no value to the OP or even pertaining to the original question. Or comments filled with sarcasm.

Only idiots need to be moderated/governed. If I fall off topic it's the add but I'm not gonna blame it or apologize for having it lol.

That's like saying only bad drivers need to have insurance.

Originally Posted by AuthorEditor
One person's tangent is another person's useful information.

That is probably correct, but the key word there is "another person's". What about the OP? The OP went to the effort to make the post. The OP should get their question addressed.

Originally Posted by gathermewool

:Scratches head:

Your posts are fine. I think most posts are fine.

I find that people who complain too much about things are simply feeding the trolls. NOT worth my time or attention.

If anything, I'll provide a few snarky responses to a troll, if it amuses me, but then move on when there's no positive benefit.

B713756B-3888-43E0-AF53-58730AD4ECAE.png

I try not to be hurtful. But some times its hard. Help, My Car Won't Start Zero useful info. When you ask a few questions, you can tell that the guy is clueless. If I offer a solution, along with other posters, I ask the OP to post a follow up. I'm cruising for the solution
grin2.gif

Posts that don't directly answer the OP's question can be useful in that sometimes the OP is asking the wrong question while in many cases a thoughtful post can offer a different perspective on the OP's dilemma.
This is an open internet forum. There are no qualifications required to join or participate. Most people who come here do have something useful to contribute.
The trolls do get outed and banned and are usually recognizable when they return under new names and get outed once again.
Overall, I've learned a great deal here and hope that I've contributed some thoughts of value.
I actually think things here are a pretty good balance of wheat and chaff although I recognize that not all would agree on that.

Many of you make very valid points. I should have been more clear on what I meant when I opened this thread(can of worms).

It's the infighting among members, the "HARSH" sarcasm and borderline threatening degrading comments made to others. As well as the 16 year old in the high school lunchroom remarks coming from grown adults(although that could be borderline stuff). Some of what I am referring to is from the past while other comments are current.

I'm wasn't referring to the funny puns and harmless jokes.

Yes, I stop reading the sarcasm and the "you know what" and move on but, I felt the need to make a point. I don't want to see good members get banned for their "take it either way remarks". This isn't where I was going with this and I have learned much from them.

I too have been questioned/threatened by mods(in the past) for certain remarks that I thought were harmless.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by totegoat
Just glad for the no politics policy.
Where in the forum rules does it state "no politics"?

I find most of the dialogue and comments on BITOG to be fairly respectful and decent, sometimes some topic drift,but that is to be expected on any blog discussion platform. A little sarcasm some good natured ribbing and occasionally a few thinly veiled insult occur on here, which is OK.
This is overall a very very good site, especially compared to Yahoo, Facebook, Disqus,Twitter or newspaper comment sections. They are about 90% trolls and almost every comment is a nasty insult or name calling at someone, usually over political issues or positions. I do not have Yahoo or Facebook or Twitter,but have seen their comment sections and this site is 100000 times more sane than those sites.

Originally Posted by FordBroncoVWJeta
I feel like most of these comments come from members that have been banned once before and are on a new account.
It ain't ever gonna stop on the internet.

CB is correct. I know, I was one that did it, but sort of in a different way. And, I was given a 1 YEAR VACATION!
People should appreciate this site. It's very informative, has very knowledgeable members, and it's FREE! Why come here and make trouble? If you're going to make trouble then you deserve to be banned!
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back